PDA

View Full Version : Trade Pending Pokemon

Verb
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Ever thought to yourself: Dang.. Caterpie ♀ 4, Caterpie ♀ 4, which one did I trade to that guy?! Well with the new idea of the Trade Pending Pokemon, you can see which one you traded.

So the main point is that if you have, say a duplicate of a Pokemon, like Caterpie, it will show an asterisk next to the Pokemon that you have traded.

Alright, by now maybe you don't know what I am saying. Here is an example:

Caterpie ♀ 4
Caterpie ♀ 4
Metapod ♀ 5

This is the current RPG trade list. Pretend that those 3 Pokemon are in your box.

*Caterpie ♀ 4
Caterpie ♀ 4
Metapod ♀ 5

For my idea, an asterisk will show next to the Pokemon that is in a trade pending. Trade pending means you traded that Pokemon to a person, but that person didn't complete it yet (or someone created a trade to you and that Pokemon is involved in that trade).

If this idea is approved, then can you see which Pokemon has been traded, instead of trying to guess which Pokemon is involved in a pending trade.

This can also benefit players for those with massive amounts of Golden Day pokemon waiting to be goldenized.

Rate please: --/10. Thanks, hope you like this idea.

ricardopaulosp
01-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I think it is not necessary
just you be organized

Verb
01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Good luck trying to find out which duplicate Pokemon you traded then. The sole purpose of this thread is to make it organized, and you just said I have to be organized.

Mercenario GX
01-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Not necesary, you can see the trade number and find the poke's traded.

Verb
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
But for the people too lazy to do it, then you get the idea.

Hantsuki
01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
This would be helpful if you were giving away a bunch of Pokemon for golden day when everyone desperately begs for the Pokemon needed to goldenize and you don't remember which one of those Psyducks or Snovers you traded to the last guy, so you just have to take a random guess.

Or in another scenario, a person could have been in such a hurry to trade for the Pokemon they wanted and when they were in a hurry to click the Pokemon in their part of the trade, they could have mistakenly clicked something else that they had a multiple of that was "worth" more than what they were originally going to trade.

And let's say that the Pokemon you accidentally clicked on was something like one of your eight GoldenPsyducks or something and they are conveniently the same gender. I know the trick is to put the Pokemon in your roster, if you accidentally created for something you didn't mean to trade, but if you have eight of those Pokemon and only six slots on your roster, what do you do then? Be more careful next time, I guess.

But seriously. How else would this idea benefit the members? It certainly wouldn't benefit the last scenario I mentioned if the player doesn't know which Pokemon they accidentally traded when they are trying to put it on their roster. If you can think of a way to tweak the idea to be a little more benefiting, then I think it would be more useful. As it is right now, it would be convenient, but I don't think the staff sees it is worth the trouble.

Solar Apocalypse
01-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Ever thought to yourself: Dang.. Caterpie ♀ 4, Caterpie ♀ 4, which one did I trade to that guy?!

No.

Honestly, this idea isn't worth the effort it'd take to impliment it.

Verb
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Hantsuki, it isn't really up to me, I'm just the suggester. It would be benefiting to the players who have multiple amounts of Pokemon however. That way they could trade that duplicate Pokemon to another player without the worry about whether that Pokemon was already involved in another trade.

Hantsuki
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I understand that which is why I'm trying to explain that it would not be very common for members to be trading multiples of the same exact Pokemon, so the staff (or mainly Shrimpy) will not see this idea as a must have since the only times I would think members would find this benefiting would be during golden day when some people have hoards of map Pokemon to trade or give away or when someone is moving multiples of Pokemon in their storage accounts.

Though I do like your idea, so if you really want it to be considered, I'm just suggesting that you update it a bit so there are more pros.

Verb
01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Alright, I'll see what I can do.

jwutheheadcase
01-12-2010, 12:03 AM
It's a good idea, and in my opinion, 3 scenarios are more than enough reason to implement it. If you believe otherwise, then tell me how many is enough. These scenarios also occur frequently enough that it is beneficial to the user base at large.

Mewtwo collector
01-12-2010, 03:27 AM
actually there is a number for every pokemon there is in the rpg... U just have to remember the id

Elris
01-12-2010, 02:00 PM
actually there is a number for every pokemon there is in the rpg... U just have to remember the id

how do you see that id with out creating a trade?
on a side note:
why not just let the ID's of the pokemon be visible to the common player, that would fix this entire problem of not knowing which duplicate you traded. cause the numbers will never duplicate right.

Unown
01-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I agree with jwutheheadcase. When I have multiple pokemon of the same kind/level its hard to tell which one is in the process of a trade. A way to somehow indicate that its a trade could help.

Kife
01-27-2010, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't call this a bad idea, but it really isn't necessary. Just get the guy you created a trade with to complete it?