Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 02-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
HNC
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #1957740
Default HNC Scholarships: January - June 2011

Welcome to the Official HNC Scholarships Thread!

Mission Statement
To provide the TPPC/TC community stepping stones towards growing into a community that shys away from profit and focuses on enjoying the game and growing from the contributions of its members.

Description
I understand many veteran TPPC players beyond myself have voiced out their opinions about what the trade forum has become. Just a economy where Pokemon are the currency. Very rarely do we see players trade for what they want, not because it's popular, but because it is something they want and cherish. This scholarship program (currently named the HNC Scholarship) is my way to give back to players so they can worry less about cost of Pokemon, and focus on enjoying the game while contributing in a positive manner to the community. Not only is this an idea to help trainers gain their "Dream Pokemon", this is also an incentive program to continue being a positive member of TC. A scholarship would NOT be a one time payment. If a HNC Scholarship recipient continues his/her efforts to bettering the community, an increase in "payment per semester" may be in order.

As of right now, I have decided to break down the year into semi-annual semesters. January to June & July to December. I understand one day on the forums could seem like 2-3 weeks, but I honestly have the patience to follow through with this, so this is how the first year will go down. Though this Idea was produced in February, I truly think these next few months of deciding will be just as heavy scrutinized as any.

How do I apply?
There is no applying. The Committee selection was based on not only respected community members, but also active. Basically all of TPPC will be monitored and key stand out people (based on the requirements) will have the best chances at the scholarship(s).

The Committee
I have selected players of various backgrounds in order to form a committee for selecting potential scholarship winners. In order to make it as unbiased as possible, I have selected friends and random respectful/respected players alike (some in both categories). In addition, the committee members are to be my extra sets of eyes and ears. Though many may say this could just turn out to be a popularity contest, I will have a writeup of the actual winner for the community to see and appreciate. Committee members have the ability to report to me about any necessary violations to TPPC/TC Rules or HNC Scholarship Requirements. Committee members will not have the authority to actually remove any scholarships. In addition, every year, new committee members will be selected to join the board. Veteran members that have proven to give great research and backup their input will not only be asked to stay another year, but also receive a prize for their year on the board. DO NOT ask to join the Committee. It is an exclusive group, but don't assume you must be rich and respected to join. A few members for this first year will be relatively unknown to some.

Types of Scholarships
Yes! I will not be giving just one scholarship out. There are currently 3 different types of scholarships to win, and each of them are stepping blocks to the next. The ideal situation is for someone starting out in the HNCharmander Award to end up being a HNCharizard recipient, but it is possible to just stay within the same award for different years. Again, I cannot stress enough that maintain scholarships alone will require above and beyond effort, so just imagine the kind of effort required for

HNCharmander Award: The first step to establishing yourself within the HNC Scholarships. This is primarily for newer players that have a decent track record but no GoldenScyther (?) to show for it.

HNCharmeleon Award: This is the more open scholarship to majority (if not all) of TC, but the requirements are much more strict.

HNCharizard Award: The highest honor/scholarship I can give. This trainer demonstrates all the qualities of the "ideal TPPC trainer". This player also must be with the scholarship program for at least 1 year, without any complaints from the committee members. This award is NOT going to be available the first time around (and maybe not even in 2011 July to December month either).

Revoking Scholarships
Though this is not my favorite area of this topic..This needs to be addressed. Scholarships may be cancelled at any time from myself with Justification. The Committee members may also bring items forward to me without any notice to you and I will review if any necessary consequences are needed. If you are a scholarship winner and have had your scholarship revoked, you are disqualified for at least one semester (the following semester).

Requirements
Unlike majority of real scholarships, this will not require anyone to post an application and a 1 page essay. You ALL will be judged. Everyone (at least in theory) is eligible.

- Integrity: Strong standing with the TPPC/TC Rules and Regulations. Being banned is just like committing a felony for a job here. Almost impossible to win this award if you don't even abide by the TPPC/TC Rules.

- Maturity: Anything from regular posts to visitor messages. Nothing like yes sir or no sir is required all the time, but rudeness has become far too common.

- Creativity: Active not only in the Trade forum, but also in the Ideas forum, as I really enjoy bettering this game I have come to play for nearly 2 years. In addition, creavitity can be taken into the context of being able to come up with original, creative ideas of making profit without scamming or cheating.

- Freebies: Rarely accept freebies (except for bday presents :D): Though I took out the bit about contests, I think this is something that I should be able to stand firm behind. I never believed in freebies (unless you were borrowing for a quest or something) because I really enjoyed the hard work behind my account. This should not be confused with gifts. What I consider freebies are people that POST on the Trade Forums "Create to my account. I'm quitting". A scholarship recipient would not be a member to post their number or create for that matter.

- Reputation: Praise from others is not all this means. Majority of players take my posts in the Ideas Thread seriously because of how I post and how I respond to their input. Perhaps the glue of all the requirements. If you have a strong reputation, you have been building along the lines of everything else.

- Respectable Opinion: Whether you believe in the "x system" or not, I want EVERY HNC scholarship winner to have a respectable opinion. Either in trades or in SFoM, people that take their time to reason their rates or beliefs out will be much more eligible than people that just say "GoldenRalts = 11x". That has almost no meaning to me. People that can justify trading comparisons rather than have CONCRETE rates will also be front runners.

Do not take these Requirements as concrete rules to follow. We are all human, but over this 6 month (or-so) period, the players that portray these values/characteristics the highest and most consistently will be at the top of the list.

Why did you create this thread now?
I will be adding onto this throughout the first year. I am not sure of EVERYTHING that I want so maybe the community can help me in that regard. Though it is not encouraged (as this won't be some sort of Kudos Thread), this may also serve as a place to serve recognition to nice deeds throughout the semester.

I still have to create (more notes for myself):

- Winner Signatures
- Scholarship Award Thread

Contests
HNC Posting Contest

Last edited by HNC; 04-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.
HNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
Goku_SD
ShinyBuizel Master

TPPC: #2509186, #2703919, #3084002, #3087031, #3114340, #3333069, #1262444

Oh that's a nice banner.

and this is a very good idea if you need anything for donation just hit me up I will gladly give something.
(July 08 2012) (09: 18 :49) <Piggachew> the more you cry macro with these clearly legit players, the more I want to ban them
YAPAUCTPWLAWAIHARLNTB
Awesome siggy By bunny <3
Goku_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
Chaos Reborn
DarkLittleCressel Trainer

TPPC: #3131801, #3156861, #3060387

This should be a clan-type thing ^_€
*~~*
Chaos Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
war of time
war of time Master

TPPC: #1602546

I would like to debate your belief about freebies; by stating that recipients of the scholarship should not recieve other freebies (or at least minimal freebies) you are denying friends the chance to give pokemons to other people. My point is, you're not the only person on this forum who gives pokemons to other people; everyone deserves a fair chance for some help regardless of whether they have been helped by others.

~war of time~
war of time is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
HNC
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku_SD View Post
Oh that's a nice banner.

and this is a very good idea if you need anything for donation just hit me up I will gladly give something.
<3 and yea I posted a visitor msg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Reborn View Post
This should be a clan-type thing ^_€
This is open to the community as a whole, and I do not plan on revealing any of the committee members. So this is not like a clan, per se (SP? lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by war of time View Post
I would like to debate your belief about freebies; by stating that recipients of the scholarship should not recieve other freebies (or at least minimal freebies) you are denying friends the chance to give pokemons to other people. My point is, you're not the only person on this forum who gives pokemons to other people; everyone deserves a fair chance for some help regardless of whether they have been helped by others.
I respect your opinion and I would like to differentiate gifts from freebies. What I consider freebies are people that POST on the Trade Forums "Create to my account. I'm quitting".

A scholarship recipient would not be a member to post their number or create for that matter.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your opinion W.o.T.

Last edited by HNC; 02-27-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
Chaos Reborn

HNC I've been collecting starters for peoples collections do you have a charmander collection?
*~~*
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
war of time
war of time Master

Oh, I see...that makes more sense. :x Suppose the thread was in the Contest Forums though?

~war of time~
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #8
Charmy
GoldenCharmander Master

TPPC: #1155149

Good shiz :o

EDIT for hunters:

Clue #9: I'm the 2nd Nobleman of Cons, and this shall be my last. As I sit above my page, NeRo, cheer for me as I throw my pixels in the dumpster to celebrate a new beginning form.

Last edited by Charmy; 06-02-2022 at 03:53 AM.
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #9
Chaos Reborn

Ohh okay cool ^_^ how do you apply though do you get scouted? And I like the banner to self-made?
*~~*
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #10
Hiro
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #161932

Sounds good, I'll donate a bit. :)

Lack of = lame thread.
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
Pkcore
ShinyArticuno Master

TPPC: #2433326, #2828697

Great idea and very detailed.
Will there be only one person receiving each type of scholarship at once, or could there be for example three people receiving the HNCharmander Award in one semester?
Good luck, your patience with this is amazing, I don't even know how you can plan for years to come. :o
By the way if it counts I nominate Jedah.
Pkcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
HNC
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkcore View Post
Great idea and very detailed.
Will there be only one person receiving each type of scholarship at once, or could there be for example three people receiving the HNCharmander Award in one semester?
Good luck, your patience with this is amazing, I don't even know how you can plan for years to come. :o
By the way if it counts I nominate Jedah.
Thank you pKay. Your opinion is respected.

It is possible for one person to stay in the HNCharmander Award for numerous years, but it ideal to move up. I am choosing to only release one of EACH scholarship per semester. But if someone stays in the scholarship throughout the year, it is possible to have multiple of the same scholarship awards in a given year.

Thank you for your wishes. As for actual wealth I think no one need not worry. This idea is bringing another great overall BENEFIT to the community and it's circularity. With the amount of people behind me (especially if it goes well it's first year), I think I can manage to cycle through the riches of the top players (At least what they are willing to give) and bring a few people up to the top through this program.

I don't expect people to believe I can plan YEARS from now. Who knows? I could die tomorrow and no one here would know. But I do know that as long as my real life can permit this, I will make this Scholarship Idea work.

Last edited by HNC; 02-27-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 02-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #13
war of time
war of time Master

What if people post "I'm quitting, create to my account" thread in the contests? That would be okay to enter, correct?

~war of time~
Unread 02-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #14
_sticks_
Clefairy Master

TPPC: #680510

Great stuff :)

Are the committee anonymous?
_sticks_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
HNC
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
What if people post "I'm quitting, create to my account" thread in the contests? That would be okay to enter, correct?
I don't usually appreciate loop holes and honestly the intention is to snag freebies when you "should" be bigger than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sticks_ View Post
Great stuff :)

Are the committee anonymous?
The committee is anonymous (even within itself to be honest).
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
war of time
war of time Master

Well, the whole point of me coming is to poke loopholes so the program could be better. ;D

~war of time~
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #17
ChuckNorris
DarkDeino Master

TPPC: #3071725, #3115419, #1983166

I want to take the HNCharmander course please. O.o
Not committee, but as a student. :P
I'm to big of a newb to be a member of the committee.

Last edited by ChuckNorris; 02-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.
ChuckNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
DGK
GoldenCacturne Master

HNCharmeleon Award how can i take this?
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #19
war of time
war of time Master

Good question: how do you even apply for a scholarship? Nominated?

~war of time~
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #20
_sticks_
Clefairy Master

TPPC: #680510

From the OP, candidates are nominated by the commitee I guess
_sticks_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
HNC
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGK View Post
HNCharmeleon Award how can i take this?
Quote:
Good question: how do you even apply for a scholarship? Nominated?
The committee elect players with documentation of their characteristics that most suit them for the award(s). The final decision is left upon me (especially this year, because of the fact that I am not accepting donations until this proves beneficial) but the council of the committee is very serious, as we meet at least once a month to discuss the top players in their eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sticks_ View Post
From the OP, candidates are nominated by the commitee I guess
Decent deduction as this point.
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
bigboel
Pokémon Trainer

Hee HNC,
nice idea but can you tell me in 1 sentence what the goal of HNCscholarship is?
bigboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
DaC
DarkEspeon Master

TPPC: #1475582

The Mission Statemet basically covers that.
-------//
*//////{<>===================-
-------\\
DaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #24
Tiberious
Mew Trainer

TPPC: #30387, #73714

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNC View Post
I don't usually appreciate loop holes and honestly the intention is to snag freebies when you "should" be bigger than that.
Actually, having loopholes found and pointed out is a great way to make sure they get closed. Makes for a stronger system in the end. :3
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #25
HNC
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboel View Post
Hee HNC,
nice idea but can you tell me in 1 sentence what the goal of HNCscholarship is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaC View Post
The Mission Statemet basically covers that.
So does DaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Actually, having loopholes found and pointed out is a great way to make sure they get closed. Makes for a stronger system in the end. :3
Very true and I was just saying I don't appreciate them. I do find them extremely useful and is one of the bigger reasons I released this idea out to SFoM rather than keep it to myself.