TPPC Trainer's Corner

TPPC Trainer's Corner (http://forums.tppc.info/index.php)
-   TPPC Online RPG Ideas (http://forums.tppc.info/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Submit your 10k (http://forums.tppc.info/showthread.php?t=592859)

Lord Smaug 07-01-2018 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkNeno (Post 10893933)
+++++++++++ well said ;)

Yea I plan to be the highest level one day
No way am I getting rid of years of work lol no matter the prize

Chrisssss 07-01-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Smaug (Post 10894019)
Yea I plan to be the highest level one day
No way am I getting rid of years of work lol no matter the prize

If you have a 15k you already would have a huge advantage since you can train faster than anyone that doesn’t have a high enough level to train against the highest training gym that’s already a huge enough advantage. You can already have an advantage training faster than anyone else but you guys seem to want a prize with no added work.

If you were just given the reward for having a 10k then you’d have no work to do and already have the prize so basically this choice would seem popular for the lazy people that already have high levels (which are the only people complaining about turning in the prize). In my opinion if the prize is a 10k turn in you’ll see the value be extremely high, much more if it’s a 10k achievement reward. And you will have not just the new players that want to reach 10k for the first time you’ll have players with high levels that want to train again since there’s a huge incentive to train another 10k and they can do so faster than other players since they already train on the 10k gym.

I believe this idea would generate a lot of new training activity from old and new players especially if the prize is worth it.

DarkNeno 07-01-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisssss (Post 10894097)
If you have a 15k you already would have a huge advantage since you can train faster than anyone that doesn’t have a high enough level to train against the highest training gym that’s already a huge enough advantage. You can already have an advantage training faster than anyone else but you guys seem to want a prize with no added work.

If you were just given the reward for having a 10k then you’d have no work to do and already have the prize so basically this choice would seem popular for the lazy people that already have high levels (which are the only people complaining about turning in the prize). In my opinion if the prize is a 10k turn in you’ll see the value be extremely high, much more if it’s a 10k achievement reward. And you will have not just the new players that want to reach 10k for the first time you’ll have players with high levels that want to train again since there’s a huge incentive to train another 10k and they can do so faster than other players since they already train on the 10k gym.

I believe this idea would generate a lot of new training activity from old and new players especially if the prize is worth it.

Sorry the prize will never be worth it imo, I prefer to have a awesome 10k roster and be the top player in tppc than a special prise to throw away the time and afford lol

but hey, we are discussing something that maybe wont come lol :hmm::lol:

XstormX 07-01-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkNeno (Post 10894256)
Sorry the prize will never be worth it imo, I prefer to have a awesome 10k roster and be the top player in tppc than a special prise to throw away the time and afford lol

but hey, we are discussing something that maybe wont come lol :hmm::lol:

That's your prerogative, some others may find motivation in training just to get a cool prize out of it, that's the whole idea of this thread anyways

DarkNeno 07-02-2018 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XstormX (Post 10894259)
That's your prerogative, some others may find motivation in training just to get a cool prize out of it, that's the whole idea of this thread anyways

This is the prerogative off every high active trainer, you read just the last post?

Is it really so weird to get rewards for the hard work without needs to remove this work?

Start your training and lets see if you still like this idea

edit: I'll only remove a 10k if I'm able to get a 7th poke on that lvl

Anidamaru 07-02-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XstormX (Post 10894259)

This, there are plenty of people who don't train anymore and will gladly turn them in for a high quality rare too.

Nobody's forcing you to do it DarkMemo. It would be cool to have the possibility to do the exchange though.

Icecoldhotshot 07-02-2018 06:31 AM

wasn't there a similar idea previously but with giftbags instead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkNeno (Post 10894280)
Is it really so weird to get rewards for the hard work without needs to remove this work?

yes. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

XstormX 07-02-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkNeno (Post 10894280)
This is the prerogative off every high active trainer, you read just the last post?

Start your training and lets see if you still like this idea

edit: I'll only remove a 10k if I'm able to get a 7th poke on that lvl

Why would I train when I've already completed all my goals here, I don't have any reason to sit there clicking mindlessly for 4 months. However if I could get some thing actually worth the time I'd happily trade in a useless level

Edit: 1 you can't speak for every active high level trainers when not even close to all of them have even said anything in this thread. 2 if losing progress is your concern then why aren't you also criticizing elemental stone? 3 if anidamaru and I agree on something you know it has to be logical.

Nulty 07-02-2018 07:48 AM

People don't have to trade their 10k in, having the option to would be a welcome addition. The whole point is to judge which one is more valuable to you and having the option adds depth to the game.

Haunter 07-02-2018 04:48 PM

I think it has to be a Pokemon trade in; an EXP, TP or any other kind of bonus like that doesn't invite trading (the main pillar of this game) and only benefits already prestigious players.

A simple resolution to the, I don't want to trade in my 10k thing, is to stagger it by having different levels and different prizes. Sorry if somebody has already suggested that, icba read 10 pages:

Trade in 1 x 2499: DarkArticuno (1/1000 chance of being (?))
Trade in 1 x 4499: DarkZapdos (as above)
Trade in 1 x 6499: DarkMoltres (as above)
Trade in 1 x 10,000: GoldenArticuno/Moltres/Zapdos (33.3% chance of each; 1/100 of being (?))

Etc.

I am NOT suggesting these be the prizes/levels/probabilities exactly; but I needed an example. The point is that there are multiple choices

I often see high level players train 5ks + out of bordem whilst grinding for TP etc, they could donate that and keep the 10k+ training Pokemon... Or not. By giving people options, there is more choice (obviously). Plus, you don't need a 10k to participate

And yes, you lose the Pokemon when you donate it
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icecoldhotshot (Post 10894291)
you can't have your cake and eat it too.

2 cents

Edit: another interesting idea, somebody else can build on, would be to donate EXP. Meaning you could cash in 2499s, 1.1ks, heck even a 3.2k etc... Could make levels valuable again? You wouldn't have to donate an actual 10k, but an equivalent? This is just an afterthought, kinda coolish?

Lord Smaug 07-03-2018 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haunter (Post 10894378)
I think it has to be a Pokemon trade in; an EXP, TP or any other kind of bonus like that doesn't invite trading (the main pillar of this game) and only benefits already prestigious players.

A simple resolution to the, I don't want to trade in my 10k thing, is to stagger it by having different levels and different prizes. Sorry if somebody has already suggested that, icba read 10 pages:

Trade in 1 x 2499: DarkArticuno (1/1000 chance of being (?))
Trade in 1 x 4499: DarkZapdos (as above)
Trade in 1 x 6499: DarkMoltres (as above)
Trade in 1 x 10,000: GoldenArticuno/Moltres/Zapdos (33.3% chance of each; 1/100 of being (?))

Etc.

I am NOT suggesting these be the prizes/levels/probabilities exactly; but I needed an example. The point is that there are multiple choices

I often see high level players train 5ks + out of bordem whilst grinding for TP etc, they could donate that and keep the 10k+ training Pokemon... Or not. By giving people options, there is more choice (obviously). Plus, you don't need a 10k to participate

And yes, you lose the Pokemon when you donate it

2 cents

Edit: another interesting idea, somebody else can build on, would be to donate EXP. Meaning you could cash in 2499s, 1.1ks, heck even a 3.2k etc... Could make levels valuable again? You wouldn't have to donate an actual 10k, but an equivalent? This is just an afterthought, kinda coolish?

thatd be a great way to bring in the D.Birds I think...but it wont happen hahahh xD

ScaNneR. 07-03-2018 11:48 AM

How about "Submitting your level".
.You can submit the poke at any level above 4499.
Submiting at any random level the higher the better, so that it will make the players to train harder.

But still it keep the existing players with high level at advantage of Exp freeze + Exp Share

.Prize unknown and multiple. The prize will not be actually random but decided by the authority.(Let the players find it themself)

Technique 07-08-2018 11:01 PM

Oh yeah I remember this idea... pass...

allary 07-17-2018 12:28 AM

Just something to maybe add to this. What if it wasn't the Pokemon that you got rid of but the exp on it. Returning it to lvl 5. This would make it so you could train you favorite Pokemon to 10k and not have to lose it. It would also make it so you could train Golden's and other unobtainables up without losing or having them removed from the game.

Medazeppi 07-17-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allary (Post 10896785)
Just something to maybe add to this. What if it wasn't the Pokemon that you got rid of but the exp on it. Returning it to lvl 5. This would make it so you could train you favorite Pokemon to 10k and not have to lose it. It would also make it so you could train Golden's and other unobtainables up without losing or having them removed from the game.

I am pretty sure that most people will not sacrifice a golden 10k or something rare. Setting it to level 5 wouldn't really help there I guess. But you could create base pokemons like that. Sadly it isn't worth the efford :p

allary 07-17-2018 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medazeppi (Post 10896787)
I am pretty sure that most people will not sacrifice a golden 10k or something rare. Setting it to level 5 wouldn't really help there I guess. But you could create base pokemons like that. Sadly it isn't worth the efford :p

I see your point. But that's my whole point you won't be technically sacrificeing and thing but time. I know that it's easier to train a poke you like rather then one that's just quick to lvl. Idk just my 2 cents

eevee 07-17-2018 08:29 AM

The majority of the people that are saying yes don't even have a level higher than a 7k. XD
They don't know hard it is to go up in level at 10k, even though training is a lot easier now that there are a lot of high leveled training gyms.
For me, I wouldn't give up my 10k because I know how hard it was to even get there in the first place.
The idea overall is good because there are too many levels now, but it should really be thought out more and have more specifics.

Edit:
The way that it is suggested right now, people will more than likely get someone to train their pokemon to 4499 or as high as their trade cap will go before they start training for themselves.
I was thinking that when it comes to trading in your high levels, they should be pokemon you trained yourself from base level without getting it trained from someone else.
Ex:
I have a 10k Magikarp that I want to trade in for points, prizes, or whatever. However, I got it trained by someone else to 4499 before I trained it to 10k. A Pokemon like that shouldn't be allowed to be turned in because that person didn't take the time to work hard for it. If I get a pokemon at base level and if I train it to 10k or whatever the requirement is for a certain prize, then it should be allowed to be turned in. However, once I trade it or get it trained by someone else, then it can't be turned in. It's like the trophy pokemon: Raikou, Suicune, Entei.
^^^This should only be implemented for levels that are higher than 3499 or 4499(depending on how many levels there are).
For levels below 3499 or 4499:
You should be able to turn in any pokemon regardless of it being trained by someone else. This will help get rid of the majority of 2499 - 3499/4499 Pokemon out there.
The prize for these should be like a Shiny/Dark/Points.

That will be the only way to get people to stop being lazy and actually for it themselves and it will also get ride of some of the levels that are out there.
This should be added on top of what was already suggested.

Paper 01-27-2019 12:30 PM

Bumping this again for recognition really liked this thread

ScaNneR. 07-18-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper (Post 11008115)
Bumping this again for recognition really liked this thread

True, would bring back life to the game.

DogBones41 07-18-2019 02:52 PM

If you don't want high levels, add a level cap.

hankarkin 07-23-2019 01:25 PM

seems like it could be a sweet idea. and there is only 35 10k+ pokes in the game. the majority will not trade in their 10ks so one a handful of people will get it

Dr Pokesaur 07-24-2019 04:32 PM

Prize can be golden suicine entie or raikou

Lord Smaug 08-02-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Pokesaur (Post 11043976)
Prize can be golden suicine entie or raikou

Or Golden Articuno moltres or Zapdos
So many ideas/combos

ScaNneR. 08-05-2019 04:44 AM

Submitting levels reminds me of World Reputaion(GoldenSlowpoke/Shuckle) It was really fun back then submitting levels.
I think this should be back again.
Atleast so many levels in the game will deduct rapidly.

Lord Smaug 08-05-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaNneR. (Post 11047973)
Submitting levels reminds me of World Reputaion(GoldenSlowpoke/Shuckle) It was really fun back then submitting levels.
I think this should be back again.
Atleast so many levels in the game will deduct rapidly.

And levels will be worth something again