PDA

View Full Version : I want to know

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2009, 12:21 AM
What do you as tc think of movies that are made that basically throw the things their based on out the door and are made after say a book or a supposed event by name only. Movies like 2012 and Sherlock Holmes for example. Obviously no one has seen one of them yet but what about the idea of them? Me personally, I think it shows that people who watch too mich t.v. and movies are basically stupid and will watch anything if the name sounds good or it going to full of mindless explosions.

dr.goku
12-14-2009, 12:31 AM
you got a point there I mean hasn't any one heard don't judge a book by it's cover it goes for movies too don't judge a movie by it's cover just don't do it it's just wrong

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2009, 12:42 AM
you got a point there I mean hasn't any one heard don't judge a book by it's cover it goes for movies too don't judge a movie by it's cover just don't do it it's just wrong

I think in the case of Sherlock holmes you can make that judgement. As I said, it's only Sherlock holmes in name. Sherlock was not depraived, he was not a fighter, he never did anything illegal or stupid like jumping into water from God only knows how high and he always solved cases with the utmost form of intelligence. Plus he wasn't a Mexicna posing as a white guy. Not to be racial because Robert Downy JR is a great actor but his accent sucks.

Castform
12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Sherlock Holmes was an expert singlestick player, boxer and swordsman.
He was a habitual cocaine user. Holmes is also an occasional user of morphine. Both Watson and Holmes are also serial tobacco users, including cigarettes, cigars and pipes.

While the drugs were legal during the late 19th century, he was still a drug addict.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Sherlock Holmes was an expert singlestick player, boxer and swordsman.
He was a habitual cocaine user. Holmes is also an occasional user of morphine. Both Watson and Holmes are also serial tobacco users, including cigarettes, cigars and pipes.

While the drugs were legal during the late 19th century, he was still a drug addict.

He was also culturally accurate. Hate to infrom you but most of our problems nowadays with drugs and such started a long time ago.

Castform
12-14-2009, 01:03 AM
However, saying he wasn't a fighter is wrong. he was.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2009, 01:19 AM
However, saying he wasn't a fighter is wrong. he was.

Knowing how to fight and being a fighter are too different things. Sherlock was not an action hero, he was an intelligent one. And yet the movie makes him an action hero.

Castform
12-14-2009, 01:23 AM
the movie hasn't even come out yet. how can you possibly know that?

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-14-2009, 01:26 AM
the movie hasn't even come out yet. how can you possibly know that?

Have you ever looked at an action movie preview before? There all pretty much the same and guess what...