PDA

View Full Version : Lost Finale

Unown
05-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Has anyone been following the last season of Lost?

LooN A TicK
05-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Anyone who hasn't needs a slap. (=

Cyenso
05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
It got too complicated and I missed a few a couple've seasons ago so I stopped. Same with 24

LooN A TicK
05-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Start watching 24 at least, there is no end to the awesomeness of Jack Bauer!

And Lost is amazing, the mystery and whatnot is what makes it great.

Cyenso
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Like one miniute their in the future, the next there in past, then present :<
Since Renne's died in 24; it's not as good. And the Government person died too. Next Jsck will.

Elixer
05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Jack Bauer NEVER dies!

And Lost's finale...will make me blubber with tears, I bet.

I cried a bit when Jin and Sun recently died.

U3
05-11-2010, 05:43 AM
That was so bull man. They killed the last minorities off, Syed/Jin/Sun. There's only a Mexican left and everyone's white :/

LooN A TicK
05-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Tbh, Sawyer screwed them. I blame him.

U3
05-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah cause I strongly believe that Locke couldn't kill any of the Candidates himself.

Unown
05-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I think Kate and Sawyer are next. Sawyer was unconscious and Kate was wounded.

Elixer
05-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I think Kate and Sawyer are next. Sawyer was unconscious and Kate was wounded.

Kate looked better at the end.

LooN A TicK
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM
This weeks Lost was crap.

Unown
05-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I enjoyed it. They cleared up some mysterious like where the wheel came from and how Jacob came to power. They also made it somewhat obvious that the 'light' is electromagnetism, and Desmond has to go down the hole. Whether or not he has to take Flocke with him is yet to be seen.

Elixer
05-15-2010, 06:08 PM
This weeks Lost was crap.

What is wrong with your brain? You didn't want to know about Jacob/Esau's origins?

LooN A TicK
05-16-2010, 09:17 AM
What is wrong with your brain? You didn't want to know about Jacob/Esau's origins?

Didn't deserve a full episode at all. Everything was spoon fed to us not giving us anything enjoyable and cleared what up? They cleared nothing at all up.

The light was garbage, looked pretty cheesy to say the least. "The light is the source" epic line...No.

The whole thing was boring and predictable.

Winged Dragon of Ra
05-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah cause I strongly believe that Locke couldn't kill any of the Candidates himself.

I agree here.

LooN A TicK
05-24-2010, 03:21 AM
WHAT THE FUNK WAS THAT???

I stayed up till 5am to watch, no sleep at all and will be in college from 9am to 9pm, tired as hell because of this garbage finale.

Thanks for wasting my time. 5 awesome seasons and you end it with this garbage.

Elixer
05-24-2010, 09:48 AM
That finale was amazing. Tell me one question that was important enough to answer, and I can tell you the answer. I cried.

Team Sky Gabriel
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
What was Jacob's brother's name? :/ Other than that, it was awesome.

Unown
05-24-2010, 04:21 PM
The final 10 minutes of Lost was such a disappointment. Far too many questions left unanswered, leaving many of us to wonder if there are answers to those mysteries.

Elixer
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM

Okay, here's the story.

The writers planned on putting it in, but decided not to just to make us more confused and because they couldn't find a time (Across the Sea's last word would've been great).

His name was not Esau, but those 4 letters are in the name.

The script of Across the Sea revealed that his name, is indeed...

SAMUEL.

U3
05-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Eh the series was way too epic to come up with an ending that would feel like it wasn't a disappointment. I know most of us were waiting for the ending but I'm sure we all didn't want it to end. I still love the series and I know that I too have to "let go." Anyone who didn't watch the finale prevent yourself from reading the posts hereon.

MenRCute
05-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Am I the only person who thought the ending (last 10 minutes) was the best part of the season? I didn't expect all the random, not as important questions to be answered. What did you expect? a Q&A w/ Jacob discussing polar bears on the island?
I thought they ended it perfectly, we finally see the point of the sideways storyline, which was revealed to be an afterlife. There are many ways to interpret the story, as a whole, just from that ending. You begin to wonder, perhaps Jack was already dead?, was the whole island just a test (purgatory) and the man in black being the obstacle you have to overcome before moving on. Those who failed and couldn't move on, such as Micheal would be left to "whisper" on the island, as they said in an episode happened to those who died there, Or was it real and the point of the afterlife was just to show that it is made up of the people that influenced your lives.
If you didn't like the finale, either you didn't interpret it right or you were lying to yourselves if you liked season 5 or 6, by then it was established that there was a more spiritual role in the storyline than just a bunch of confused people stranded on an island trying to get out.

He was not given a name, closest thing he had to a name was Adam (when Locke referred to his and his "mothers" body as adam and eve)

Unown
05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
The last 10 minutes ruined the series. It was a dumb hamster wheel that attempted to use red herrings as a way to cover up for its lack of direction.

MenRCute
05-24-2010, 11:03 PM
It's barely a cover up when half of season 6 led up to it

Unown
05-24-2010, 11:06 PM
It's barely a cover up when half of season 6 led up to it

The ending they gave was such a cop out. They could have came up with this same ending 3 seasons ago and everyone would still be satisfied minus the lack of questions.

I wanted to know if the bomb really did have an effect and from their lack of ending, I'm guessing it didn't.

U3
05-24-2010, 11:14 PM
The bomb was supposed to negate the pocket of energy so they could stop time travelling. The supposed parallel story line was the afterlife, notice how nothing bad happened in it...
I feel as if it was justified, to be honest thats the best possible ending. You can't just have everyone alive and perfectly fine as if nothing had happened.

MenRCute
05-24-2010, 11:18 PM
The effect of the hydrogen bomb was revealed in the very first episode of season 6, The hydrogen bomb was the thing that brought them 30 years into the future to their present time. I think the ending was well thought out for the storyline they had running on the side since the start of season 6, they knew what they were going to do with it before they started it. Do I think the side storyline was the best it could be as a whole? no, but with everything they had led up to before start of the finale, there couldn't have been a more sensible ending from it. All the other season finales were cliffhangers, if they had given it those endings it would have been the exact opposite of giving out answers.

Unown
05-24-2010, 11:19 PM
The bomb was supposed to negate the pocket of energy so they could stop time travelling. The supposed parallel story line was the afterlife, notice how nothing bad happened in it...
I feel as if it was justified, to be honest thats the best possible ending. You can't just have everyone alive and perfectly fine as if nothing had happened.

Actually the bomb was to negate the fact they would even crash on the island.

Do I think the side storyline was the best it could be as a whole? no, but with everything they had led up to before start of the finale, there couldn't have been a more sensible ending from it. All the other season finales were cliffhangers, if they had given it those endings it would have been the exact opposite of giving out answers.

There was nothing well thought about that ending. I was expecting a happily ever after but the least they could do was not spend half of the season showing us a world that only existed after everyone died. They should've used this time to explain questions they created.

U3
05-24-2010, 11:28 PM
1 of the few reasons...happy :/

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion/interpretation. I enjoyed how everyone was deceived into thinking that their was a parallel timeline in which everything was just fine. I was thrilled to find out that it was in fact their limbo and without accepting that they were dead they couldn't move on. I'd prefer being satisfied knowing they're all dead rather than they could be alive and there would be a spin off series. After all, everyone has to die sometime.

MenRCute
05-24-2010, 11:31 PM
First you criticize nothing but the last 10 minutes, even though half the episode happened in the afterlife, into criticizing half the season, I don't see what your argument is leading towards other than you just realizing that the last season was not good in your opinion, which brings us to you not liking the spiritual essence of lost that makes up the end, which you can't blame on the finale which was the best that they could make out of it.

Unown
05-24-2010, 11:34 PM
First you criticize nothing but the last 10 minutes, even though half the episode happened in the afterlife, into criticizing half the season, I don't see what your argument is leading towards.

I hated the finale. I thought I made that pretty obvious.

I criticized the season because that the ending was dragged through half of season six instead of answering questions.

Therefore, I'm not criticizing the happy ending. I'm criticizing the fact they created questions they had no answers to.

MenRCute
05-24-2010, 11:42 PM
What questions would you be referring to? I know there are a lot of questions but most are small and definitely not worth ruining your view of a great finale over.

U3
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Which questions would that be? Maybe someone else interpreted the answers you overlooked?

Unown
05-24-2010, 11:48 PM
What was Dogen and the Temple about? What did they do to Sayid? How did Sayid become alive again? Why did young Locke have a picture of the smoke monster? Where did Walt go? Were Walt or Aaron ever significant?

Was the Smoke Monster always there? What was important of keeping the light at bay? Aside from crazy mothers interpretation. What was the origin of the light? Who first started protecting the light? Why didn't the mother want MIB to leave the island? Why could Jacob leave the island and not his brother? What were all those Egyptian references? What was the statue about? How did electromagnetism play into time travel?

I'm sure there are more significant questions than these but I am hungry and I rushed.

U3
05-25-2010, 12:12 AM
What was Dogen and the Temple about? What did they do to Sayid? How did Sayid become alive again? * Why did young Locke have a picture of the smoke monster? * Where did Walt go? Were Walt or Aaron ever significant?

Was the Smoke Monster always there? What was important of keeping the light at bay? Aside from crazy mothers interpretation. What was the origin of the light? Who first started protecting the light? Why didn't the mother want MIB to leave the island? Why could Jacob leave the island and not his brother? What were all those Egyptian references? What was the statue about? How did electromagnetism play into time travel?*

I'm sure there are more significant questions than these but I am hungry and I rushed.
The Dogen was a supernatural being chosen by Jacob that was a barrier between the people of the temple (I'm assuming "the others") and the MIB. Notice how he spared Jack and the others as soon as he found out they were candidates for Jacob.

Walt moved in with an aunt and uncle (or mother?? I forget who) in New York. Aaron/his birth was the trigger for Claire and Kate, Walt was only significant to Michael and with his demise Walt lost that role.

The smoke monster was created when Jacob knocked out MIB and let him drift into the light.

The creation of the smoke monster was the reason to keep the light at bay. Although I doubt they knew that.

The light was the pocket of electromagnetic energy.

The mother of the crazy lady who killed Jacobs/MIB's mother Claudia.

MIB's mom didn't want anyone to leave the Island, which is also what Jacob wanted. Notice how she killed the people on Claudia's ship after she attempted to kill MIB.

Jacob left the island to gather people for the struggle between him and MIB.

Egyptians have a strong belief in the afterlife so I'm assuming that it was just a symbol or hint about the ending.

The statue was of Anubis, the Egyptian god of death/afterlife. Egyptian symbols/afterlife. See the link?

Time travel is fictional, so the electromagnetism was just a reason for it being.

I hope most of that helped. I put an asterisk in the quote next to the ones I couldn't answer. The ones I did answer are to the best of my ability. I can see how not knowing them could be frustrating.

MenRCute
05-25-2010, 12:23 AM
There are a few of those that I don't know the answer to but for the ones I do know;
Before I do, you need to know there is supposed to be awe, unexplainable stuff (jacob, the man in black, the keeper of the island, their powers etc)
What was Dogen and the Temple about? The temple was a sanctuary that they lived in to stay away from the MIB/Smoke monster, for example, the flight attendant on flight 815 was there from the beginning. Dogen was the protector of the temple, just like Jack volunteered to be the protector of the island before passing it off to Hurley. Once he died, the MIB was able to infiltrate it. Just like how the MIB intended on leaving after he had killed Jacob and his candidates and infiltrate the world outside the island.
Sayid was resurrected by the MIB who manipulated him into doing what he wanted, and was his pawn.
Walt had moved away from Micheal ever since he told him that he killed two people on the island, he never was a significant character, same for Aaron and there wasn't really much to question about either.
The smoke monster was born once Jacob, as he admitted was a mistake, threw him into the light, which was the heart of the island, making him apart of it.
Asking "Who first started protecting the light?" is like asking who was the first person to live, it's unexplainable and it is based on what you believe.
The MIB was always portrayed as a devil, and Jacob who, as he said in the show featuring Richard, was there to stop him from getting out, and as long as he was alive he couldn't escape out of the island.
The Egyptian references were one of the most clever parts in the whole series. For example, the statue was a statue of the god Taweret, and it was destroyed. Taweret is the god of childbirth. This brings us to the whole unexplainable problem with birth deficiency and deaths on the island in the 2-3rd seasons
That is all I could explain from what I had found out prior to the finale, I am sure there are other explanations and theories

U3
05-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh so its not Anubis lol well nice to know.

Unown
05-25-2010, 12:38 AM
U3 I appreciate your effort but most of the questions you tried werent answered . I’ll try to clarify.

Dogen wasn’t a supernatural being. He was chosen by Jacob. Why? What made Dogen special?

They made it very clear Walt was special. This was stated by Locke, Michael and Walt’s mothers boyfriend.

Aarons significant had to be much more than just passing the torch to Kate.

I’m asking who the original smoke monster was. How did the original monster become to be?
Why didn’t fake mother want anyone to leave the island?

How did Jacob leave the island?
----
Unlike Jack, Dogen never voluntered. Like I told U3, what made him special? How did he have the power to stop the monster?
And Sayid being resurrected. The Smoke Monster was no were near the group when they tried to drown him or when he came back alive.

The question of who first protected the light. They couldn't have come up with some form of answer. They came up with time travel but not spend 1/10 of the time to come up with an explanation about that? How do you possibly expect me to interpret that?

The whole sideways purgatory doesnt make sense. Think about it. Sayid with Shannon and not Nadia ??? Juilet married Jack had a son after they died ??

U3
05-25-2010, 01:14 AM
By supernatural I mean he was an opposing force to MIB. He was chosen by Jacob to serve as a form of protection for the others.

Walt was special until he left the island then he was excluded from the storyline.

Aaron was the link between Kate and Claire + Clair and Charlie. He didn't really have a role aside from being a link.

There was no other smoke monster apart from the MIB. It emerged when MIBs body floated down the light cave. What I don't get is why there was a dead body of MIB when he became the smoke monster so can't help you there.

Fake mother had issues, she refused to believe anything existed aside from the island, the three of them and the light. I'm assuming her mother raised her that way.

Maybe Jacob didn't really leave the Island cause only the people he chose to bring to the island saw him. Maybe he used the lighthouse as a means of communication?

Dogen didn't have the power to stop him, only repel him.

Sayid gave up on Nadia in the afterlife. He hooked her up with his brother. H eonly loved one person aside from her and that was Shannon.

Juliet and Jack were a short lasted fling from season 3-4 so maybe they based that part of the afterlife on that. Thats why they were divorced. It was James and Juliet, Jack and Kate in terms of a long lasting relationship.

Elixer
05-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Ahhhh. I've noticed a few errors and I'd like to help clear some things up.

MIB's name was Samuel. Samuel. Samuel. It was revealed because someone found the script of Across the Sea (The MIB/Jacob episode).

Also, the story of the Smoke Monster is this:

If you look closely, the light in the cave swells as Samuel slips into it. It absorbed all goodness/rightfulness in him (yes, I did just say that the light is made of souls) and because of the loophole than Jacob can't kill him, it left him with the darkness and turned him into the smoke, which can take the form of people.

AND YAY IT'S DEAD.

Gk
05-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Where'd you lose your finale?
har har.

Unown
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
By supernatural I mean he was an opposing force to MIB. He was chosen by Jacob to serve as a form of protection for the others.
Yes but what made him special? They went into no detail on this.

Walt was special until he left the island then he was excluded from the storyline.
Yes he was excluded just like half of the plot from the past seasons.

Maybe Jacob didn't really leave the Island cause only the people he chose to bring to the island saw him. Maybe he used the lighthouse as a means of communication?

There’s a lot of maybes in your theory.

Sayid gave up on Nadia in the afterlife. He hooked her up with his brother. H e only loved one person aside from her and that was Shannon.

Sayid and Shannon had maybe less than a month together on the island while in the real world, Sayid loved Nadia for years and years. You honestly believe that he wanted to spend his life with a one month fling than someone he knew for years?

Juliet and Jack were a short lasted fling from season 3-4 so maybe they based that part of the afterlife on that. Thats why they were divorced. It was James and Juliet, Jack and Kate in terms of a long lasting relationship.

Again, maybe theory just doesn’t cut it. I honestly think it was a fake out to fool the viewers into thinking this sideways reality was real.

You cannot say that it was a great ending. It wasn't. Yes we got happily ever after on the characters and what not. I'm okay with that. But the characters were only part of the show. What about the island? Didn't they keep saying how they saw the island as a character too? That character got a big screw you.

LooN A TicK
05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

Nuff' bloody said!!!!1

LooN A TicK
05-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh and this http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936179

Unown
05-25-2010, 06:13 PM
That was hilarious, freckles.

U3
05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
After a long day at work those 2 videos cheered me up so nicely lol

Unown maybe everyone is supposed to have their own interpretations? I originally thought they had created way too many questions in 5 seasons to successfully answer all of them within 1 season. However I realized I don't need answers because it's just a form of entertainment for me. I wanted to know the story, thats about it. Frankly I'm happy with a Dues Ex Machina tactic for a "happily ever after" ending and I wouldn't have liked it too much if they all magically lived through all that, that leaves possibility of more Lost or spin offs (which just ruin a good thing). If you completely ignore the afterlife part, mostly everyone died a miserable death, 6 people got off the Island and returned to a possibly boring repetitive life, 2 people ran the island and ruled over an unimportant colony protecting something they didn't know jack about.

f00sh
05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Finale was terrible.

neverone
05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
thanks lost i spent 6 years watching , sat through a epic overlong ending. just to find out everybody died in the plane crash. WTF i say cop-out.

LooN A TicK
05-26-2010, 03:30 PM
They never died in the plane crash...Why can't people understand what happened?

Elixer
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
They never died in the plane crash...Why can't people understand what happened?

Yes they did...

LooN A TicK
05-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes they did...

Oh deary me. How did you manage to come to that decision?
This should be fun ^_^

neverone
05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
if you had bothered to watch episode 156>> the final journey and or jimmy kimmel live aloha to lost. they more or less point out the island is limbo and/or a waystation. jack was on his way to bury his dad and saw him on the island. at the end jack's dad said what....you saw me because you were all ready dead.
by that logic they died inthe plane crash and vaidates the sunken plane that was seen in whatever season that was....

Unown
05-26-2010, 10:09 PM
by that logic they died inthe plane crash and vaidates the sunken plane that was seen in whatever season that was....

The writers did a horrible job with the ending and that's why most people are confused with happened.
The island wasn't limbo. Everything on the island happened. What we see in the last ten minutes are all of them in purgatory.

However I realized I don't need answers because it's just a form of entertainment for me. I wanted to know the story, thats about it. Frankly I'm happy with a Dues Ex Machina tactic for a "happily ever after" ending and I wouldn't have liked it too much if they all magically lived through all that, that leaves possibility of more Lost or spin offs (which just ruin a good thing).

You watched the show because it was mysterious and interesting, and the ending essentially tells you that none of that matters because they got to be with each other when they died. Yawn.

Absoyena
05-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Shall I voice my opinion: I'm still Lost. ._.

Poseidon
05-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Lamest Finale ever, I understood everything, but it was extremely predictable, and IMO kind of boring.

U3
05-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Meh whatever its over now. Its not like they're gonna go back and redo it.

Cyenso
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I saw the finale last night (sky+) and it was actually pretty good. Even though I've only seen about 3-4 I still understood it all (just about)
It was actually really good.