PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2

LooN A TicK
04-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I was quite surprised England got it first for once xD

Iron Man 2 was great. The cast was great and to have Don Cheadle in it was nothing short of fantastic, but then throw in Scarlet Johanson and the amazing Samuel L. Jackson to your Robert Downey Jr cast and you're sorted.

The story is great but seems somewhat too familiar, with Stark not being Iron Man...Spiderman 2 anyone? Mickey Rourke was also very good and played a good villain, just too bad he's bloody ugly. It's set 6 months after the first and Stark is enjoying life with it's added fame and whatnot until Whiplash comes to play and other things come into factor that I won't spoil.

I found a lot of things a bit too predictable, I tend to find a lot of TV shows and movies predictable at the moment so maybe it's just me. This time round I found that their was maybe too much comedy, the way Stark was talking and his unseriousness reminded me too much of myself which isn't exactly good. There wasn't enough action compared to the first one, it spent most of the time with Stark being mad. Really trying not to spoil anything so a lot of things won't make sense xD

The final fight is awesome but the actual "boss" fight isn't great. In fact it's less than a minute long. It's a huge drone fight followed by a 1 minute fight. YAY!

The film does deliver in entertainment and you'll hear the audience around you laughing throughout the show, but it's not a comedy, sure the odd comic relief line is fine but they went overboard with it.

I also found that there was a somewhat similar scene that was a lot like a scene from Revenge of the Fallen. When you watch it you may notice it.

But the film was amazing, I loved and will watch it again and again when it comes out on Blu Ray...Maybe. But I did prefer the first which is often the case with me.

To check out my full review head over to...nvm

Edit: I was very upset that this wasn't in 3-D!

Ichigo Uzumaki
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
It's out?

LooN A TicK
04-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Came out today.
7th May for you dude >_<

Ichigo Uzumaki
04-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Thats why i was confused. I didn't know you got it a week ahead of me.

h83r
04-30-2010, 06:19 PM
England got something first for once? Wow.
I kid, I kid. I am jealous though. How was it?

Ally
04-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I want to see that movie. >.>
The first one was excellent in my opinion.

LooN A TicK
04-30-2010, 09:56 PM
03:00am UK time.
Finished editing first post and I think I'll go to sleep.

You guys should definitely go see it.

NobleVillian
05-01-2010, 12:09 AM
I cant wait for this move. I'm gonna try to go to the midnight release here. I loved the first one and the second one looks even more amazing.

And Sammy Jack is in it? This might be the most bad azz movie ever.

ShuckleBreeder783
05-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Can't Wait To See Iron Man 2

Ichigo Uzumaki
05-09-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm gonna give a small review it for myself.

Personally, one of things about this movie that makes it interesting is that unlike other movie sequel's I can pretty much just tell which one I like the best I can't really do that with this film. It's a good feeling actually to not be able to do that because it means it was just that good.

The acting change of Rhodes was kind a dissapointment because they changed his personality a little bit to better fit his looks which didn't really work.

The story was actually really good though by story standards and the ending before the credits was really funny. Speaking of the movie had a fair share of funny moments though it wasn't as funny as the first.

Overall the action was good, the acting was good and everything minus humor was pretty much on par with the first one if not a little bit better.

I'll have a full review for this in the next Blissey Review so look forward to it if you like this one. Rating will be included then as well.

MiniWade
05-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah, its an good movie, I went to watch it when it came on which was few days ago.

While we were watching, nearly at the end, the movie was all messed up.

The screen was upside down, characters voice going faster then usual.

So yeah, it was not really enjoyable for all the people

SangoLove
05-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Don Cheadle ftw

Iceman
05-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Loved it. Loved the cast, but the only thing that bothers me is Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. The original Nick Fury is white and that is the Nick Fury I'm used to (though I'm not complaining since I love Sammy).

I originally was upset by the super villain choice since Whiplash is a NOBODY in the Marvel Universe, but then they went and combined Whiplash with The Crimson Dynamo which is like a O.o to me, but I enjoyed the villain. I won't be satisfied until Mandarin makes his appearance, but Iron Man's villains are political problems so who knows....

Well next is Thor and I cannot wait!

Shadow
05-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Really? Original Fury was white? All the recent things I've ever seen him in he isn't... hm...

Ichigo Uzumaki
05-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Loved it. Loved the cast, but the only thing that bothers me is Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. The original Nick Fury is white and that is the Nick Fury I'm used to (though I'm not complaining since I love Sammy).

I originally was upset by the super villain choice since Whiplash is a NOBODY in the Marvel Universe, but then they went and combined Whiplash with The Crimson Dynamo which is like a O.o to me, but I enjoyed the villain. I won't be satisfied until Mandarin makes his appearance, but Iron Man's villains are political problems so who knows....

Well next is Thor and I cannot wait!

I agree. The whiplash Crimson Dynamo thing was kind of off but the character himself wasn't bad.

U3
05-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Last boss fight was kind of pathetic. Like 1 minute in the battle and "Hey, lets use that super sweet supernova move and kill this guy instantly!".....and its over.