PDA

View Full Version : RIP Peter Steele

Tenshi
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
American rocker Peter Steele has died at the age of 48. The Type O Negative frontman passed away on Wednesday night in New York.

No official cause of death has been released, but he is believed to have suffered heart failure. Type O Negative keyboardist Josh Silver confirmed the sad news to Blabbermouth.net.

A statement on the band's website reads, "Please play nice and expect statements from the band and family later today. Thank you for your understanding and support."

The heavy rocker shot to fame with the band in 1991 with the release of their first album Slow, Deep and Hard. Their second studio record, 1993's Bloody Kisses, was certified Platinum in the U.S. and they went on to release another five albums, as well as several greatest hits compilations.
This really saddens me.

Xaddion
04-16-2010, 02:29 PM
For a minute there I was wondering why they were focusing so much on his blood type. Then I realized it was the name of the band, which made me feel silly.

Poor guy.

Absoyena
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow, can't really say I know the guy/his band all that much, but such a thing is never good. I hope he rests peacefully now.