PDA

View Full Version : Really great old movies.

Absoyena
04-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Alright, I've just re-watched The Dark Crystal, Dogs to go to Heaven too and the Secret of NIMH.

They're all 3 awesome movies. So I was wondering, what "golden oldie" movies have you watched recently, or not recently ofcourse. :P

Basically, I hope the sequel of The Dark Crystal, which will come out in 2011 hopefully, is just as good as the original :).

Ekhart
04-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Last old movie I've wathed was "Ostatni Dzwonek" ("The Last Bell") yesterday :P Polish movie from 1982. Really good movie.
And non-Polish movie I've watched recently was "Nineteen Eighty-Four" (the one recorded in 1984). Good movie based on awesome book. Must-see/must-read.

Ichigo Uzumaki
04-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I just watched a silent movie called Metropolis for the second time a few days ago. Awesome film. There was na anime based off of it that premired sometime in I think 2005 or 6 that was pretty good.

Absoyena
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Last old movie I've wathed was "Ostatni Dzwonek" ("The Last Bell") yesterday :P Polish movie from 1982.

Really? What was it about o.o?

Ally
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
The movie Elf was a great one. <3

TheUltimateSacrifice
04-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I laughed at these lads and lasses definition of "old". If you want some classic old movies, that will really knock your socks off, then I suggest the following:

All Quiet on the Western Front
Citizen Kane

Sienkronieze
04-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I laughed at these lads and lasses definition of "old". If you want some classic old movies, that will really knock your socks off, then I suggest the following:

Citizen Kane

One of the greatest movies of all time.

Absoyena
04-14-2010, 09:04 AM

Citizen Kane

To be honest, the movies I mentioned were from around the 80's. I consider that pretty old for a movie..especially since they're one of the more mature disney movies(The Dark Crystal not included).

Also, I've watched All Quiet on the Western Front, both the original and the remake of it somewhat later on. It's just that I haven't watched them anywhere recently :).

So yeah, definitions of old also differentiate from person to person you know. In about 100 years, Avatar will be one of those "oldies"

Xero
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Bullitt, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Wizard of Oz, The Third Man, A Bridge Too Far, The Godfather, (Early) James Bond movies (Sean Connery/Roger Moore)

more modern (guess most would call them old?)
The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Schindlers List, Mad Max

it's kinda nice knowing although the colors are outdated, the acting is generally predictable yet the movies still grip you.. I found much more suspense and action in Steve McQueens car chase from Bullitt, than I did from any Fast and the Furious movie

Absoyena
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't like most "hit and punch" movies as I'd like to call them >>..

Hantsuki
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Casablanca
The Graduate
The Birds
Bonnie and Clyde

and 9 to 5 which is a little newer compared to the others, but still old to many people.