PDA

View Full Version : Deck The Halls With Golden PokeBalls

Shrimpy
12-24-2009, 06:02 PM
'Tis the season to be jolly! In a little bit the TPPC clock will strike midnight on December 25th, meaning it's officially Christmas here on the East Coast of the US and it's the officially beginning of the TPPC Holiday Golden Promo Puzzle!

As many of you know, starting December 25th, two Golden Pokemon can be unlocked by taking 3 specific Pokemon and 3 specific items to Evolution Gym and defeating Evolva. When you beat her, your starting Pokemon will transform into a Golden version of itself. Through the course of the day, myself and the moderators will be releasing clues to help you figure out which 3 Pokemon and which 3 items you'll need in order to unlock a Golden. Like in previous years, there are two Goldens available, however you can only get one on the 25th. You can get the other Golden (or the same Golden if you want two) again over the span of December 31st and January 1st, when the Golden promo reactivates. This means in your one account you can receive, at most two Golden Pokemon -- one on the 25th and then another on either the 31st or the 1st.

Now the few rules, you can discuss the clues we give you in the Official Golden Promo Discussion thread that will be popping up shortly, as well as in the chat room. This is supposed to be a community effort, so it's not cheating to solve it with others. You can get a Golden Pokemon in any of your accounts that have existed for a "decent amount of time" and also accounts that weren't created years ago just for Golden promos -- the idea is that everyone should have maybe one or two Goldens, not 10+. You may not create an account for the sole purpose of getting a Golden Pokemon. If you do so, not only will you lose your account's original Golden as well as any others you created, but your main account will also be banned. Much like for my birthday promo earlier this year, moderators have a tool which makes it a lot easier to find where newly created Golden Pokemon are. It is highly advised that you do not trade any of your Golden Pokemon within the next week since we consider doing so to be very questionable.

With all that said, here's a bit of forewarning. The main RPG will probably be slower than usual, and while we haven't hit any slowdown on the new forums yet, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened here as well. Please be patient, as there's nothing I can really do about it.

Clues will begin coming out as we get closer and closer to midnight, so until then, Happy Holidays to everyone out there!

Piggachew
12-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey, just wanted to see how yall were doing. Hope I didn't startle you into thinking the riddles were up. D:

* OH, and happy holidays to you all too. :)

Cataclysmic
12-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Shrimpy
12-25-2009, 12:33 AM
A few minutes early won't hurt...

Golden #1
Pokemon 2: I can't believe we both said that at the same time!

Golden #2
Pokemon 3: If we were in Spain, we could go running together!

Piggachew
12-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Golden Pokemon 1, Slot 1:
My existence is almost essential to life; however, my bitter personality and everlasting abilities do seem to drive people away.

Shrimpy
12-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Golden 1
Item 2: Tough as nails, but not quite as shiny.
Item 3: Talk about having a smart mouth!

Golden 2
Pokemon 2: They like you as much as you like them!
Item 1: A store that sold magic pants would probably have this attached.

Piggachew
12-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Golden Pokemon 2, Item 2;
I have a feeling we will become very intimate, you and I. Well, assuming you share that sort of bond with me.

Golden Pokemon 2, Item 3;
Its a holiday of giving, I'd expect you to be giving your Pokemon something and caring about them.

Shrimpy
12-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Golden 1
Pokemon 3: The _________ of the litter

Golden 2
Pokemon 1: Trying to figure out these puzzles is giving me a headache...

Shrimpy
12-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Golden 1
Pokemon 1: The first 3 letters of my name are the same as the first 3 letters of the third puzzle Pokemon's name.
Item 1: My computer is pretty old. How can I make it better?

Golden 2
Item 2: A lot of people think I'm positive... but I can be pretty negative as well.
Item 3: I'm caring.

Nino
12-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone!

Shrimpy
12-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Golden 2
Pokemon 2: i herd u like em
Item 3: Sonny and ______

Shrimpy
12-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Quick update: There was a slight issue with unlocking the Golden promo for a few minutes. If you were getting an error that said you'd already unlocked the promo when you hadn't, please try again. It should work now.

Nino
12-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Also, stop moving the goldens from another account to your main account or vice versa. It makes it more difficult for us to figure out who is actually trading them and who isn't. There is a chance you'll end up getting banned if you do that. Wait until we make an announcement giving you the okay to move them around/trade them.