PDA

View Full Version : Gold Medal!

Shrimpy
08-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Check your calendars, because in a little bit the TPPC clock will strike midnight on August 2nd, meaning it's time for the TPPC Shrimpy's Golden Promo! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Golden Promo, here's how it works:

On August 2nd, certain Golden Pokemon can be unlocked by taking 3 specific Pokemon and 3 specific items to Evolution Gym and defeating Evolva. When you beat her, your starting Pokemon will transform into a Golden version of itself. In just a bit, I'll be releasing clues to help you figure out which 3 Pokemon and which 3 items you'll need in order to unlock a Golden. Even though this year there are two Golden Pokemon obtainable, you are only able to get one per account, so you will have to choose wisely.

Now a few rules: you can discuss the clues we give you in the Official Golden Promo Discussion thread that will be popping up later tonight as well as the chat room. This is supposed to be a community effort, so it's not cheating to solve it with others. You can get a Golden Pokemon in any of your accounts that have existed for a decent amount of time. You may not create an account for the sole purpose of getting a Golden Pokemon. If you do so, not only will you lose your account's original Golden as well as any others you created, but your main account will also be banned. Remember, moderators have a tool now that makes it a lot easier to find where newly created Golden Pokemon are. It is highly advised that you do not trade any of your Golden Pokemon within the next week since we consider doing so to be very questionable. If you create more than 5 Goldens, you will also likely be at risk of losing them all.

With all that said, here's a bit of forewarning. Both the main site and the forums will be sluggish/unresponsive during parts of August 2nd, just because our traffic practically doubles during Golden Day. It's going to happen and there's little I'm going to be able to do about it. Sorry in advance. Also, since my birthday falls on a weekday this year and I enjoy getting a full night's sleep during the week, I'll be giving out a whole bunch of vague clues early and then (as the moderators and I see fit) we'll give more specific clues to help narrow things down.

Be forewarned, one of the Golden Pokémon is much more difficult to get because it requires at least two Pokémon that must be bred/traded for (if you don't already have them) as well as a handful of items that longer term players have (but are still very obtainable). If there are any items you're missing that you think might be used in the Golden Puzzle, I suggest you start trying to get them now.

Hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I plan to!

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Pokemon #1: I love football season and this is my favorite play!
Item #1:
Pokemon #2:
Item #2:
Pokemon #3:
Item #3:

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #1:
Item #1:
Pokemon #2:
Item #2:
Pokemon #3:
Item #3: Godmother vs. Tooth. Who wins?

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Item #1:
Pokemon #2:
Item #2: I'm the same color as a medium-rare steak.
Pokemon #3:
Item #3:

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #1:
Item #1:
Pokemon #2: When you shine a light, I'm bound to do this. It's in my name, after all.
Item #2:
Pokemon #3:

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Item #1: My mom has a bunch of these on her necklace.
Pokemon #2:
Pokemon #3:
Item #3:

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #1:
Item #1:
Pokemon #2: When you shine a light, I'm bound to do this. It's in my name, after all.
Item #2: Colder than Ice.
Pokemon #3:

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Pokemon #2:
Pokemon #3: Ever since being restored from a fossil, I've been living a Cowabunga lifestyle.
Item #3:

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #1: My name makes me sounds pretty weak.
Item #1:
Pokemon #3:

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 12:40 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Pokemon #2: I'm a favorite of ninja gym leaders, even though they can never hide from my big eyes.
Pokemon #3: Ever since being restored from a fossil, I've been living a Cowabunga lifestyle.
Item #3:

Golden Pokemon #2
Item #1: Sometimes you recite this backwards to show off.
Pokemon #3:

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Pokemon #2: I'm a favorite of ninja gym leaders, even though they can never hide from my big eyes.
Item #3: Sounds like Sonny and ____.

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #3: One Fish. Two Fish. Red Fish. Ouch!

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Item #1: My mom has a bunch of these on her necklace. / I can be any color, but a specific size.

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #2: When you shine a light, I'm bound to do this. It's in my name, after all. / We only come out once a month, but there are a lot of us.

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 01:09 AM
Golden Pokemon #1
Item #1: My mom has a bunch of these on her necklace. / I can be any color, but a specific size.
Item #2: I'm the same color as a medium-rare steak. / I complement a CW superhero really well.

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #1: My name makes me sounds pretty weak. / I'm like a non-duckling ugly duckling.
Pokemon #2: When you shine a light, I'm bound to do this. It's in my name, after all. / We only come out once a month, but there are a lot of us.

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 01:24 AM
Golden Pokemon #1 - SOLVED
Item #2: I'm the same color as a medium-rare steak. / I complement a CW superhero really well.

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #1: My name makes me sounds pretty weak. / I'm like a non-duckling ugly duckling.
Item #2: Colder than Ice. / I hate sharing.

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 01:34 AM

Golden Pokemon #2
Pokemon #2: When you shine a light, I'm bound to do this. It's in my name, after all. / We only come out once a month, but there are a lot of us. / When I evolve fully, I have lots of different styles. One is a Pokéball!

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 01:42 AM

Golden Pokemon #2
Item #1: Sometimes you recite this backwards to show off. / Not Hiero, but like it.
Pokemon #2: When you shine a light, I'm bound to do this. It's in my name, after all. / We only come out once a month, but there are a lot of us. / When I evolve fully, I have lots of different styles. One is a Pokéball!
Pokemon #3: One Fish. Two Fish. Red Fish. Ouch! / Star-Lord's real name.

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 01:53 AM

Golden Pokemon #2 - SOLVED
Item #1: Sometimes you recite this backwards to show off. / Not Hiero, but like it.
Pokemon #3: One Fish. Two Fish. Red Fish. Ouch! / Star-Lord's real name.

Shrimpy
08-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Just under 5 hours left! Be sure to get your Golden while you can!