PDA

View Full Version : Bleach in live action?

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
The Hollywood Reporter newspaper's Heat Vision blog reports that the American film studio Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Tite Kubo's Bleach supernatural action manga series. Director Peter Segal (Get Smart, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is lining himself up to produce, but not direct. The manga's North American publisher Viz Media and Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing would also produce the proposed project.

The manga follows a 15-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who becomes a Soul Reaper — a "Shinigami" or "God of Death" who protects humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them. Shueisha publishes the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan, and Studio Pierrot has been adapting the manga on television and in movie theaters since 2004. The Adult Swim programming block of America's Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV channel have been running the anime.

Warner Brothers has already acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note supernatural suspense manga, which — like Bleach — is published by Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan and by Viz Media in North America. Along with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production company, Warner Brothers is also developing adaptations of Yoshiaki Kawajiri and MADHOUSE's Ninja Scroll action anime film and Katsuhiro Otomo and Kodansha's Akira science-fiction manga. Viz set up an office in Hollywood in 2008 to promote Viz's properties to Hollywood interests.

I fear the day any of this happens given the record of a much more popular anime called Dragonball falling from it's live action remake.

Toshiro
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Nooooooooooo! I hate it when they do that.........they make the whole series look terrible

war of time
03-23-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm looking forward to this. I like that manga and even though they'll probably alter it, oh well...sucks.

Chiamon
03-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Ewww......Hope its not like DBZ....that failed horribly

Sci
03-24-2010, 12:49 AM
:/ cartons never turn out well when made into live action. Though we can all rest assured it will be better than dbz, a couple people in their back yard with a hand camera could make a better video than dbz...

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh by the way, I forgot to add that it's likely we'll be getting a live action Cowboy Bebop too. And guess who spike is supposed to be: http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww115/nerd_alert_w00t/keanu_spiegel.jpg

Jawa
03-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I knew about Cowboy Bebop with Reeves, but I didn't know about Bleach. I hope it turns out well for the Bleach fans. :)

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I knew about Cowboy Bebop with Reeves, but I didn't know about Bleach. I hope it turns out well for the Bleach fans. :)

Hopefully. Altough I'm not really much of a bleach fan anymore I do enjoy and collect the movies so I hope it's at least decent.

Navy Sister
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
NO how could thay do this to use its going to be terrible

guon
03-31-2010, 11:51 PM
its prolly gonna get the same treatment as the dbz live action one did D:

DatSagittarius
04-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Ewww......Hope its not like DBZ....that failed horribly
More like miserably failed and I was very upset with the movie that I'd actual yelled boo at the end of the movie while in the movie theater.

Yggdrasil
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Read about this a long time ago.

I remember Tite saying in an interview a long time ago, he never wanted Bleach to made into a live action movie, and made it so it wouldn't even be possible for them to do it.

So basically, if they do this, they're probably doing it without any involvement from Tite. So it's pretty safe to say, this movie is a) never going to come to pass, or b) make people hate WB more than Nick Simmons right now.