03-19-2016, 12:36 PM
easy target i think

God Eye
03-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Pitch is hard
And first boundary.

z-power
03-19-2016, 12:40 PM
i think i will be off and enjoy the match with some puffcorns :)

God Eye
03-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Second boundary

FRGT10
03-19-2016, 06:26 PM
That match was hardly even fair, the pitch was tailor-made for India. Cricket tournaments shouldn't be hosted in any one country, it gives the home team too big an advantage. They should play home and away legs.

aakash
03-19-2016, 06:40 PM
That match was hardly even fair, the pitch was tailor-made for India. Cricket tournaments shouldn't be hosted in any one country, it gives the home team too big an advantage. They should play home and away legs.

to be fair. India have been beating pakistan on their pitches alot for the past decade as well. It was a pakistani pitch ( tailor-made for pakistani teams as you would say) where despite of pakistan having one of world's best bowlers on their side(akhtar for whome multan was his home pitch, he practiced there alot ), virander sehwag made the world's first of his legendary tripple centuries.

If pitches can be tailor made for a whole team. then the losing team obviously doesnt have enough diversity of players for the challenge.so ur argument is as valid as saying "playing a game of pool in a room full of air is hardly even fair, since u never know what air density will effect friction at given time "

FRGT10
03-19-2016, 06:54 PM
to be fair. India have been beating pakistan on their pitches alot for the past decade as well. It was a pakistani pitch ( tailor-made for pakistani teams as you would say) where despite of pakistan having one of world's best bowlers on their side(akhtar for whome multan was his home pitch, he practiced there alot ), virander sehwag made the world's first of his legendary tripple centuries.

If pitches can be tailor made for a whole team. then the losing team obviously doesnt have enough diversity of players for the challenge.so ur argument is as valid as saying "playing a game of pool in a room full of air is hardly even fair, since u never know what air density will effect friction at given time "

I am not trying to take anything away from India. I would say India squeeze in the top 5 in the world and Pakistan don't.

It's not about not having diversity. Every team has it's strengths and weaknesses. India doesn't have a good fast bowling attack. Pakistan doesn't have a good spin bowling attack, post Ajmal's ban. The pitch was built to suit spinners, it was clear as day. When you couple that with how many tournaments India gets to host, it begs the question why they don't just do home and away matches. It's more money for ICC and it makes it a bit more fair.

The pool thing makes no sense and has nothing to do with what I said.

Twiggy
03-19-2016, 07:39 PM
That England run chase though. :cool:

Poison Ivy
03-31-2016, 05:58 AM

This really sums it up.

If anything I believe we could do with a lot more tournaments like last years 1Dayer WC. Where there were games in both Australia and New Zealand. Rather than playing all the games in the hosting nation, play half the games in the closest neighboring country that also made it to the WC. Throws the "Tailored Pitch" issue right out the window. Adds a bit more of a tactical game to the equation.