PDA

View Full Version : Tennis

Twiggy
07-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Anyone watch tennis? I don't follow it all the time but I like watching the majors.

Watched Dustin Brown beat Nadal yesterday. Pretty awesome!

Divtard
07-05-2015, 08:01 PM
You beat me to this. Was going to write a thread about Wimbledon but I guess i'll write it here. First off, it was pretty cool that Brown beat Nadal. [Also Brown's hair is very cool] But as records show, Nadal hasn't done well at Wimbledon for the past 5 years running, knocked out before reaching any major position. Being British i'm naturally rooting for Andy Murray to win. Having won it two years ago, and now probably being in the best form he has in a while, I reckon he has a very good chance at clinching the title. Apart from Wimbledon I rarely watch tennis, I think the main reason is that its not often shown on Tv. Other than that I really enjoy watching tennis especially when there are intense rallies going on.

Twiggy
07-05-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm British too but I find Murray a bit boring. There isn't really a good player that I like at the moment. Wanted Brown to carry on but he lost in his next match. I like the underdogs to win. Hardly ever happens in Tennis though. :[

Divtard
07-05-2015, 08:40 PM
The other British guy, James Ward, was ok. Towards the end of his final match he just lost his touch. Couldnt return any serves and eventually lost 3 sets to 2. and 8 games to 6 in the final set. He was so close to winning aswell but he let it slip.

FRGT10
07-08-2015, 01:16 AM
I watch it all :D but Nadal :(

regifan
07-08-2015, 05:02 PM
I follow tennis a bit, wish my homeboy Raonic went further into the tournament :/

kobk
07-08-2015, 07:41 PM
I was sad Dustin Brown lost his match proceeding victory over Nadal, but he made one hell of an effort, and it was entertaining at that.

Dunno if many here saw it, but he slipped over, and returned a shot while on his knees, got back up as the opponent hit it back across, and he literally dived across, hit the ball onto the other side of the court and landed on his side.
Was incredible to watch, i think in a few years we may see him proceed to be one of the best, just has to learn to watch his technique, which pretty much involved returning the serve and the moving towards the net straight away. The fact he kept doing the same thing the entire match, made it real easy for the opponent to know what to do to win ):

Andy Murray ftw though, lets hope he beats Federer on Friday :D

Twiggy
07-08-2015, 09:23 PM
I dunno. He's left it pretty late seeing as he's 30 already. Hope he shows up again though. I like it when players come in to the net. It's much more exciting.

Divtard
07-14-2015, 05:25 PM
What a great final the mens game was. Both were on top form. I was amazed by Federers play but he just made too many mistakes. Djokovic was great though.

Twiggy
07-15-2015, 02:03 PM
I was really impressed by Federer too! He almost played a perfect tournament. Just ran out of steam in the last two sets.