PDA

View Full Version : Soccer/Football Discussion Thread

Tyroniter
04-11-2015, 02:47 PM
So since this season is slowly coming to a close, what are your predictions for the winners of the leagues and the Champions League ?

Here's what I think,

EPL - Chelsea should end up winning, unless they screw up majorly, in which case either Arsenal/United
La Liga - Barcelona will probably end up edging out Real Madrid
Serie A - Juventus should end up winning
Ligue 1 - ???
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich have practically won already
Champions League - Well this is a tough one, but I would say that Real Madrid or Bayern seem like the most likely to win it now.

Anyways, share your thoughts.

Twiggy
04-12-2015, 10:30 PM
I'd agree with those predictions. I hope Lyon win Ligue 1 but I think PSG might just win it now they have the lead again. I think Juventus are looking pretty strong in the Champions League too.

Tyroniter
04-13-2015, 02:12 PM
I would like to see Juve win it too, but more than that I hope a new team, namely Monaco or PSG, wins CL this time, but it won't be an easy task, especially for Monaco, PSG still have a fair bit of firepower with them, but Monaco doesn't have any major stars at all.

Legend-Killer
04-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Athletico please :3

Tyroniter
04-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Atletico would find it tough to beat Real Madrid tomorrow since most of the players are in a good form, and if you're talking about La Liga, they have very little chances of winning tbh

Twiggy
04-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Well they did win it last year and they beat them 4-0 just two months ago so it's always possible!

Shavo
04-13-2015, 04:37 PM
EPL - Chelsea. 9 points over second Arsenal, and one match less. Easy win, but really don't like Chelsea...

La Liga - Barcelona. Barcelona, and Real have some difficult matches before season ends, Barcelona for example Valencia (home), and Atletico (away.) Real have Sevilla, Celta (both away), and Valencia (home). Real have two points less than FCB.

Ligue 1 - I tink PSG should win, but we will see, they must play without Zlatan (4 match ban), Motta, and Luiz.

Seria A - So boring league, Juventus ofc.

Bundsliga - Bayern ofc, Bayern is on other level than others teams in Bundesliga.

Champions League - Barcelona/Bayern/Real

Tyroniter
04-14-2015, 02:53 AM
True, but Real Madrid are in good form right now, might be difficult to beat them.

Shave, Chelsea are 7 points over with one match in hand, but they have difficult games coming up. I think they still have to face United, Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Even a draw in all 4 of these matches would see Arsenal or United going on top depending upon who wins against each other.
As far as La Liga goes, Barca might face difficulty if Real do manage to get going, and they need a win in the Atleti game which might be hard to get.
I don't really watch Ligue 1 so can't call it, but the others are more or less decided I think.

Champions League is a tough one I guess, any team has the capability to win it right now, can't really call it yet

Legend-Killer
04-14-2015, 04:12 AM
You'll see that :3

I'm an arsenal fan, so I'd like the boys winning this time around.
Chelsea aren't in very good form if you ask me. We have a game against them and are surely going to rip them apart. United also has a game against them and the way they played on Sunday in the derby was good. Hope they beat the blues :3

Tyroniter
04-14-2015, 06:26 AM
Well I'm a United fan, so I'd definitely be rooting for Chelsea to lose to you guys and us, and then we manage to beat you. That could actually put us into pole position for PL Winners then

Twiggy
04-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Well who saw that coming? Bayern 3-1 down!

Tyroniter
04-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Seriously tho, that was really unexpected.
But I believe they might be able to make up that deficiency at Allianz

Twiggy
04-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Seriously tho, that was really unexpected.
But I believe they might be able to make up that deficiency at Allianz
I dunno.. I didn't realise they had so many injuries at the moment.

Tyroniter
04-16-2015, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I think they have about 6 or 7 injuries all at the same time

Skinny Puppy
04-28-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty excited that Minnesota is getting an MLS team...sure it's no where close to EPL or anything but I'm stoked for it.

aakash
04-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Barca gonna own the liga.

barca gonna win champions too

coz me fan! we gotta be positive!

ManC gotta win EPL, coz again itz my fav english club.

k thnx bai

Twiggy
04-28-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty excited that Minnesota is getting an MLS team...sure it's no where close to EPL or anything but I'm stoked for it.
I did mean to watch more MLS this year but so far I only watched one match, Orlando - New York.
Barca gonna own the liga.

barca gonna win champions too

coz me fan! we gotta be positive!

ManC gotta win EPL, coz again itz my fav english club.

k thnx bai
Where's the fun in just picking the biggest team? :P

Skinny Puppy
04-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Far as European teams go I cheer for Everton...mainly cause of Howard.

Twiggy
04-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Far as European teams go I cheer for Everton...mainly cause of Howard.
That's cool. Did you ever consider supporting Cardiff City because of Eddie? :o

Skinny Puppy
04-29-2015, 10:50 PM
That's cool. Did you ever consider supporting Cardiff City because of Eddie? :o

He doesn't have an epic beard like Howard haha

Twiggy
04-29-2015, 10:57 PM
He doesn't have an epic beard like Howard haha
Haha, shame. :P

Our fans loved him, but he only scored twice lol.

Tyroniter
05-01-2015, 09:13 AM
aak please, Man C just isn't good enough to be a part of the elites yet.

As far as US goes, Donovan would probably have to be my favourite US player ever.
Just that goal against Algeria during World Cup 2010, that was literally a stand up and jump about moment for any US citizen I think

aakash
05-01-2015, 09:24 AM
I did mean to watch more MLS this year but so far I only watched one match, Orlando - New York.

Where's the fun in just picking the biggest team? :P

ive supported man C for years since it was at the bottom of the table underdog :/

Ive been barca fan ever since ive known football, well Madrid first but most players moved to barca so barca since then :D

seamsniper
05-01-2015, 09:27 AM
i used to support rmad bcoz i was an ardent fan of raul, since then i dislike barca

Tyroniter
05-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Barca is good, but its pretty much built around Messi, I'd hate to see what happens upon his departure.
As far as Man C goes, meh, Aguero and Milner are probably the only 2 guys I like out of that team, maybe even Hart, but you should've never let Negredo go, he was one hell of a player.

Legend-Killer
05-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Barca is good, but its pretty much built around Messi, I'd hate to see what happens upon his departure.
As far as Man C goes, meh, Aguero and Milner are probably the only 2 guys I like out of that team, maybe even Hart, but you should've never let Negredo go, he was one hell of a player.

I started to hate barca after the Suarez thing. Sheer non sense, it's like N Srinivasan banning S.Narine everytime they face Kolkata.

Twiggy
05-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Barcelona - Juventus final!

Blaze Magician
05-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Real Madrid sack Carlo Ancelotti! Poor decision, I think..he gave them 'La Decima'. Should have kept him for 1 more season. Rafael Benitez favourite to replace him..

Twiggy
05-26-2015, 05:11 PM
You don't get to have a bad season at Real Madrid though. It's win something or you're out.

Blaze Magician
05-26-2015, 05:14 PM
They won UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. So, it wasn't an empty handed season.

Twiggy
05-26-2015, 05:42 PM
I forgot about those. They were basically part of the Champions League win though. I think they would still see it as a pretty bad season.

Blaze Magician
06-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Any predictions for Barcelona Vs Juventus? 3 Hours to go for kick-off.

My Prediction: Barcelona 3-1 Juventus

Twiggy
06-06-2015, 01:14 PM
I really don't know. Should be a good match though!

I'll say: Barcelona 2-1 Juventus

Blaze Magician
06-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Rakitic scores!!! 1-0 FC Barcelona.

Good goal!

Twiggy
06-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Haha. Good prediction. :P

Only saw the second half. End to end stuff.

Blaze Magician
06-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Juventus were playing better in second half. But, Barcelona were playing too good.

Two great midfielders leaving. One with trophy :) and other empty handed :(

Twiggy
06-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Is Pirlo retiring? :O

Blaze Magician
06-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Nope. He is leaving Europe for MLS.

ehsan
07-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Are you guys hyped for the new season?

Twiggy
07-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Yup. Just a few weeks to go!

ehsan
07-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Yh, I know. I love the signing United made this year. We look so good, I hope the team can mix together well

Twiggy
07-16-2015, 03:03 PM
I wish I could say the same for my team. Sammy Ameobi isn't as exciting. :P

Legend-Killer
07-16-2015, 03:46 PM
All we got is Peter Cech. Who I feel will farm the bench cos Ospina is amazing

litld
07-25-2015, 04:27 AM
I play soccer twice a week. Discuss.

ehsan
07-26-2015, 12:21 AM
I play soccer twice a week. Discuss.

Sunday leagues or just for fun?

laNd_0f_KURD
07-28-2015, 11:49 PM
LOOOL You said United would win the EPL if Chelsea wouldn't win it.

ehsan
07-29-2015, 01:41 AM
LOOOL You said United would win the EPL if Chelsea wouldn't win it.

I ask why is that funny?

laNd_0f_KURD
07-29-2015, 05:10 AM
No way with a new coach and the way they were playing that last season they were going even come close to winning it. The title Race was mostly Between Chelsea and Man city. Man city screw up by losing some game to weaker team at first and that killed them.. Arsenal Had a better chance of winning last season than Man U... But with the EPL it's always hard to say that one team is going to win and that's why I love it unlike other leagues

ehsan
07-29-2015, 08:26 AM
Not come close? Did you watch the season last year? We were at one point 3rd and a game in hand which could have led us closer to Chelsea. By the time Christmas and after we were 3rd and 4th all the way through the end of the season. We had used over 37 different players and over 40 or so injuries. Our defence was changed almost every game.
Against top teams like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Aresnal and Spurs. We lost 2, Drew 3 and won 5.
With the current squad we have a good chance of winning the premier league.
And it's ManUtd not ManU.

Twiggy
07-29-2015, 02:52 PM
I don't think they were close. 17 points is huge. I do think they have a chance this year though.

Everyone calls them Man U. :]

ehsan
07-29-2015, 03:19 PM
That was at the end of the season. I'm talking about the Middle. Our goal was to reach champion league because of the Adidas deal and revenue. Winning was just ambition but Chelsea were too good.

I like it better when it's Man Utd and Manchester United.

laNd_0f_KURD
07-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Not come close? Did you watch the season last year? We were at one point 3rd and a game in hand which could have led us closer to Chelsea. By the time Christmas and after we were 3rd and 4th all the way through the end of the season. We had used over 37 different players and over 40 or so injuries. Our defence was changed almost every game.
Against top teams like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Aresnal and Spurs. We lost 2, Drew 3 and won 5.
With the current squad we have a good chance of winning the premier league.
And it's ManUtd not ManU.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ManU man Utd same thing mate. I did watch the whole season and United wasn't even close to winning anything. That season was only between Mancity and Chelsea.. Every team had injuries.. ManU won't win anything anytime soon