PDA

View Full Version : .::Tech Dragon::.

kakashi
03-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I recently downloaded a package full of very nice stocks and implemented some techniques I learned.
I haven't made any sigs for some time now, so this should get me back in the mood.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ixa07n.jpg

Rate and Hate people.

Fatal
03-09-2010, 12:13 AM
interesting, although text is kinda odd. it is above the render, yet there's a shadow onto what should be space. it makes it look kinda tacky and kills any depth it has.

kakashi
03-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Unfortunately My brother closed Photoshop without me saving a PSD. I was hoping in making the text smaller and maybe adding a little Dragon Graphic with it. The shadow, I did plan to replace with either a lighter blue glow or basically would've left it as it was making the text blend better.

This was the final copy I saved before I lost it.

Jassie
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Well then remake it ;-;

Anyways text was my only problem.There should be more to it then it being a CM(and if its not a clip mask then oh well :-; ).

kakashi
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Jassie, I was really mad at him for about an hour. It's overlay with drop shadow. I tried clipping mask, it made it look really messed ;-;

Jassie
03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Well it looked like a CM ;-;

Still looks cool though..And if you cant fix the text see if you can use the clone tool(if PS has one) to cover it up :3

kakashi
03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah it does have a clone tool. I plan to try and do something with it, if not, then oh well.

vyse
03-11-2010, 08:13 PM
hmmm it looks like a tut outcome ive seen b4 but a bit different i like it tho... alot

kakashi
03-12-2010, 01:49 AM
I downloaded a package on gfxvoid.com and the guy made a tut too. I didn't follow the tut though.

Tenshi
03-12-2010, 06:15 AM
That looks great. The color scheme is very dreamy and I love the background. :> I only think it could use a bit more contrast, since some parts look a bit dull, especially in the bg.

kakashi
03-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks. I was planning on adding some more night sky stocks to make the BG a bit better, but like i stated a few posts above, my bro closed PS and I didn't have time to save a PSD. ;-; But thanks again for the comment :D

Shadowmire
03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
The text and purple (pink?) sparkles kind of screw it up, as far as I'm concerned.

kakashi
03-14-2010, 04:59 AM
The text and purple (pink?) sparkles kind of screw it up, as far as I'm concerned.

It was a purple stock of a nebula haha. And the text is bad, I know. :(

Jassie
03-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks. I was planning on adding some more night sky stocks to make the BG a bit better, but like i stated a few posts above, my bro closed PS and I didn't have time to save a PSD. ;-; But thanks again for the comment :D

Never overdo stars/sparkles o:

And you can still add stuff to it..Just treat it like a stock.

Edit:And I do find it weird that you save as .PNG before .PSD :/

kakashi
03-14-2010, 05:14 AM
I wanted to undo some things and save a .PSD at an earlier stage. I always go, save a .PNG, undo a lot of things, and then make some more changes and then save another .PNG I usually save a .PSD at the very end. That's just how i do it.

and i don't think i overdid any star. Just gave it a 'spacy' look.

Jassie
03-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Well you said you wanted to add more o: And imo theres plenty :p