PDA

View Full Version : Noticed Nobody Posted This.

03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
new alice in wonderland with johnny depp in.
anybody going to watch it over the weekend? and if you have watched it then can you give me some reviews as i am going to see it tommorow with my sister and 16 friends (in 3d).
so yeah i need ratings for it and reviews e.t.c.:egg_nod:

GoldenEmpire
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I've read some reviews on it. I've heard that it is...not as crazy as Burton's other films. Depp apparently had free license to do... most anything. Alice was ordinary, and Hathaway was bleh.

Jefff
03-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Ooh, it's coming this weekend?

Have you seen it yet? How'd it compare with the book?

03-06-2010, 04:53 PM
ive not seen it yet but im going soon.

Marluxia
03-06-2010, 10:09 PM
it looks pretty good.

Crazy
03-07-2010, 02:00 AM
I dont ever remember reading the "childhood" version of the story although I do know whats it is about vaguely.

The movie looks interesting dark and dreary but that what you expect from Tim Burton...although I'm pretty sure people will bash it like they did Avatar.

TypeOh
03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
I went and saw it earlier today. I'm not a big Burton fan, and outside of Edward Scissorhands, I haven't seen a single thing with Depp in it that I liked. It ended up being like most of Burton's movies, especially lately... He seems to try a bit too hard to give everything some sort of 'evil' or 'dark' twist, to the point that it just sort of takes away from the overall experience. Wasn't a bad movie I guess, not something I'd rush out to buy or see again, though. Just another version of a story that really didn't need to be made, or perhaps shouldn't have been made. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass were both fantastic stories, and should really just be left alone.

Now that I think about it, it's not the first time Burton's done this, is it? He did an unnecessary version of Sweeney Todd that fell short too. Maybe someone should tell Burton just to stick to the stuff he did better, like Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, or Beetlejuice.

Boochan
03-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I went and saw it earlier today. I'm not a big Burton fan, and outside of Edward Scissorhands, I haven't seen a single thing with Depp in it that I liked. It ended up being like most of Burton's movies, especially lately... He seems to try a bit too hard to give everything some sort of 'evil' or 'dark' twist, to the point that it just sort of takes away from the overall experience. Wasn't a bad movie I guess, not something I'd rush out to buy or see again, though. Just another version of a story that really didn't need to be made, or perhaps shouldn't have been made. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass were both fantastic stories, and should really just be left alone.

Now that I think about it, it's not the first time Burton's done this, is it? He did an unnecessary version of Sweeney Todd that fell short too. Maybe someone should tell Burton just to stick to the stuff he did better, like Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, or Beetlejuice.

Don't forget The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, 9, etc. I have 9 on blu-ray, a Limited edition TNBC and The Corpse Bride on a normal legit Dvd. :D They are amazing. Also everyone at my high school was rushing in packs to go see Alice in Wonderland.

TypeOh
03-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't forget The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, 9, etc. I have 9 on blu-ray, a Limited edition TNBC and The Corpse Bride on a normal legit Dvd. :D They are amazing. Also everyone at my high school was rushing in packs to go see Alice in Wonderland.

Everyone was rushing because thanks to places like Hot Topic, it's become cool or whatever for high school kids to love his stuff. The Nightmare Before Christmas was good I suppose, but it seemed like The Corpse Bride was just Burton's over-reaching attempt to reproduce the good qualities of The Nightmare Before Christmas, which I personally think he failed at in that movie, I didn't like it at all. And 9 I didn't find all that impressive. It had some cool scenes in it, but it was just so overshadowed by so many better movies that came out, even in just that month, that it seemed to fall horribly short.

LifeRuiner
03-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I saw it last weekend, it was wonderful.