PDA

View Full Version : Halloween!

Shrimpy
10-23-2012, 07:07 PM
The ultimate struggle between Shiny and Dark Pokémon is finally coming to a head this Halloween! From October 24th through October 31st, TPPC trainers will have to pick a side -- will they stand side by side and fight with their Shiny Pokémon or will they lurk in darkness and wait to strike with their Dark Pokémon.

How It Works
Points are awarded to every trainer every time they battle using a Shiny or Dark Pokémon in battle. Points are also awarded every time they battle against a Shiny or Dark Pokémon. If you use a Shiny Pokémon or defeat a Dark Pokémon, you'll receive Light points. If you use a Dark Pokémon or defeat a Shiny Pokémon, you'll receive Darkness points. You can score bonus points when you battle a Pokémon of the opposing type (Shiny vs. Dark or Dark vs. Shiny) and when you defeat Pokémon that are a higher level than you. You can gain both Light and Darkness points over the week, but only one or the other per battle. You must complete the entire battle in order to get points. You will not receive any points for battling Shiny vs. Shiny or Dark vs. Dark.

Prizes
There will be a number of prizes for this event. First place on each side will get either a Shiny or Dark Pokémon (depending on their allegiance). In addition, the top 5 will also receive a prize. That's not all though -- if you are a "member" the team who collects the most points (Light or Dark), you too will receive a prize. "Membership" is based on whether you've collected more Light points or more Darkness points. If you have an equal number, you will not receive a prize. Which team is in the lead will not be shown on this scoreboard, though periodic updates will be made on the TPPC Trainer's Corner (http://forums.tppc.info/).

Other little events may pop up during this week and on Halloween itself. Keep your eyes peeled!

Shrimpy
10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Total Points:
Light - 870,586,922
Dark - 393,040,824

Shrimpy
10-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Happy Halloween! Today's the last day and Light has a commanding lead! Will they take the prize or will Dark somehow steal the crown?

(They probably won't, but if it did happen, I'd probably have to give away a ton more prizes...)

Shrimpy
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Tick tock! A little over 2.5 hours left!

I'll be distributing prizes manually tonight after midnight -- right now the count is 4 different Pokemon and 8 different forms!

Will AngryChipmunk1 takes the crown or will Battle pike be able to grab a come from behind victory?

Shrimpy
11-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Prizes has been given out!

There was a prize for #1, #1 - #5, and #1-10 on both sides.
A prize for every trainer who had more Light points than Dark points.
AND
A grand prize for top trainer overall!

I hope everyone enjoyed the event!

Shrimpy
11-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Quick note!

I owe everyone a really big apology -- the #1-10 prize was originally Shiny/Dark Golett which I completely forgot had already been released. The prize has now been changed to a previously unreleased Pokemon. If any of you had traded your Golett to someone else and either of you are unhappy with the trade, please let me know and I'll revert it.

I sincerely apologize -- in the future, I'll triple check the rarity list as opposed to just double checking.

Shrimpy
11-01-2012, 05:10 PM
And... I goofed up switching the prize to Archen too. They now have genders. Sorry everyone.