PDA

View Full Version : TPPC dying?

morfeen kik
08-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Lets see, very few new players joining, not many of those remain active after about a month, most old players who are semi active just occasionally troll, and most newbs (not to be mistaken with noobs) ragequit after failing to get something valuable after a while. Discuss.

Gaara of the Funk
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Tppc wouldn't be nearly as good if we had tons of members joining.

jferg22
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Lets see, very few new players joining, not many of those remain active after about a month, most old players who are semi active just occasionally troll, and most newbs (not to be mistaken with noobs) ragequit after failing to get something valuable after a while. Discuss.

I have to agree with you Morfeen. Yet in the last week I was having a break I have seen tons of old players and even a few new players become active. But I know that will soon change.

And the only player that makes new accounts is Sakura to make trolls for G Gene.

I have saved a newbie called Breakwell from quitting once. Which he has now benefited from it and now I think he regrets saying that he was going to quit.

bunny
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
maybe this is all in our heads

but we're not crazy

Shiva Deviah
08-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Pretty much.

I think we can all agree the best time tppc ever saw was the thousands-2mil phase. Just as how the anime series got boring and pointless after like, 600 odd episodes and 13 seasons, tppc has also become somewhat boring.
Most of the wealth is now with a small group of people who have either locked their pokemon in their accounts and thrown away the key, or, as I observe, only continue to grow richer day by day. What with the mods doing their best to appease the community with contests and what not, and Shrimpy running out of ideas for challenges and g-days, I think we can all agree TPPC is like a dying star.

Warrior of Darkness
08-17-2012, 10:30 AM
It has been dead for several years now, the golden times have long passed. It was good up until 5 or so years ago (think that was v6?)...what version is this on right now? I don't know how to check ;(

As Shiva mentioned, it was obvious the best times had passed when the mods started holding all those contests andddd I personally think its dieing because Pokemon (the show) is pretty stale now, I doubt most people watch it and get excited enough to play this. Most just pick up the DS games which are still really good =D

Sakura
08-17-2012, 10:33 AM
It has been dead for several years now, the golden times have long passed. It was good up until v6 or so (i think that was 5 years ago?)...what version is this on right now?

This. Back then trading was fun. Pretty much everything was better. Community wise, fun wise even rate wise if you counted that. Though v7 wasn't bad at all.

Warrior of Darkness
08-17-2012, 10:37 AM
This. Back then trading was fun. Pretty much everything was better. Community wise, fun wise even rate wise if you counted that. Though v7 wasn't bad at all.

there were no rates ;o thats why trading was fun, people traded for what they liked lol and I remember when a 1k actually meant something
The values are way too inflated now, its not a surprise that hardly anyone can join and trade for things

It wasn't so bad before.

jferg22
08-17-2012, 10:39 AM
I personally think its dieing because Pokemon (the show) is pretty stale now, I doubt most people watch it and get excited enough to play this.

Exactly. They have done nothing to improve the anime at all. Every new gen is just travelling from city to city and battling .

Sakura
08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
there were no rates ;o thats why trading was fun, people traded for what they liked lol and I remember when a 1k actually meant something
The values are way too inflated now, its not a surprise that hardly anyone can join and trade for things

It wasn't so bad before.

Eh some fixed rates were in place (eg 2 g dour = g Hera) but x wise ther wasn't anything. There's really no surprise at how crappy levels are considering macros are running rampant. Nothing's really inflated that isn't either a gold or some random crappy (?)'s.

Ehtesham
08-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Pretty much.

I think we can all agree the best time tppc ever saw was the thousands-2mil phase. Just as how the anime series got boring and pointless after like, 600 odd episodes and 13 seasons, tppc has also become somewhat boring.
Most of the wealth is now with a small group of people who have either locked their pokemon in their accounts and thrown away the key, or, as I observe, only continue to grow richer day by day. What with the mods doing their best to appease the community with contests and what not, and Shrimpy running out of ideas for challenges and g-days, I think we can all agree TPPC is like a dying star.

I agree:sad:
specially with this part
Most of the wealth is now with a small group of people who have either locked their pokemon in their accounts and thrown away the key

RichieRich
08-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes it is,like a dying star.

Question is whether it will die proudly like a supernova or meekly like a white dwarf?

Deimos
08-17-2012, 11:12 AM
TPPC WILL NEVER DIE. I'll save it by giving it mouth-to-mouth. ):

DaRk WaRrIoR
08-17-2012, 11:21 AM

There's an incentive :cool:

Warrior of Darkness
08-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Eh some fixed rates were in place (eg 2 g dour = g Hera) but x wise ther wasn't anything. There's really no surprise at how crappy levels are considering macros are running rampant. Nothing's really inflated that isn't either a gold or some random crappy (?)'s.

I remember when Moltres = GDour, now the damn dog is worth 3x as much as a bird set and ye Us were worth VERY little back then =/ I remember getting around 15-25 per 1k lol, the only one that really cared for them were Controller and Beaver, they had a huge stash, but I think controller's collection is now ruined, they all got genders now lol

Funny how each U goes for a 2k now

The Pokemon
08-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I've seen how people treat new trainers, instead of encouraging them, many "rich" trainers make fun of them.
All the contests mods hold require, mostly, great skills, new trainers aren't capable of competing, but I saw Cataclysmic (or however you spell it) making contests which have been won by new trainers.
There's way too much macro, I remember in the begining of this version to get expert title you just needed a 3.3k+ poke, but now it's just too high. Many new players just use macro, because when they see old players getting richer and richer, and winning all the challenges (especially Virus, man! thanks for giving Training Challenge a break and letting others win it). New trainers just don't see any other way to get rich.

I'd say TPPC is dying, but if we make a good effort, we can save it

DaRk WaRrIoR
08-17-2012, 11:39 AM

At least* :hmm:

Warrior of Darkness
08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
At least* :hmm:

ye forgot to put that in lol, i traded off my collection too early
I think I traded 1k Us for Mew, GDour, DDour and some other small thing
Should've tried to get GBellosom for them :(

DaRk WaRrIoR
08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Should've tried to get GBellosom for them :(

Silly sausage! :egg_fart:

Warrior of Darkness
08-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Silly sausage! :egg_fart:

was a good deal 5 years ago =D

DaRk WaRrIoR
08-17-2012, 11:52 AM

Yeah ikr :/ Good old days. All the old players together :egg_happy:

rashat999
08-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Pretty much.

Definitely the best part of TPPC, to be honest I think TPPC died when V8 came out.

morfeen kik
08-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Tppc wouldn't be nearly as good if we had tons of members joining.
I'd say otherwise. More activity would mean more trading and isint that why we all are here?
I have to agree with you Morfeen. Yet in the last week I was having a break I have seen tons of old players and even a few new players become active. But I know that will soon change.

And the only player that makes new accounts is Sakura to make trolls for G Gene.

I have saved a newbie called Breakwell from quitting once. Which he has now benefited from it and now I think he regrets saying that he was going to quit.Those players came on due to Shrimpy's birthday :/
I'm glad you helped breakwell stay :)

maybe this is all in our heads

but we're not crazy
Maybe. Probably.
Pretty much.

I agree. I loved the community back in v7-early v7.5. And yes, most of the wealth is divided among a few older players :/
It has been dead for several years now, the golden times have long passed. It was good up until 5 or so years ago (think that was v6?)...what version is this on right now? I don't know how to check ;(

As Shiva mentioned, it was obvious the best times had passed when the mods started holding all those contests andddd I personally think its dieing because Pokemon (the show) is pretty stale now, I doubt most people watch it and get excited enough to play this. Most just pick up the DS games which are still really good =D
Unfortunately, I joined only in v7 so I have no idea about v6 or anything before that :(
I agree. The community back in v7 was much more helpful and social.

It wasn't so bad before.
These days, 1k's are almost worthless. Back then NG's could be obtained for a few 1ks each, not its 2k being the bare minimum for NG's. Rates are only helpful for the newer people who are just starting out with only a few golds/rates. After a while, rating pokemon doesnt make trades satisfying. I wouldnt mind paying 3-4 lotads for a gastly but with the x system, its 12-15x for 6-7x :/
Exactly. They have done nothing to improve the anime at all. Every new gen is just travelling from city to city and battling .Although I stopped watching the anime after gen 3, I know it was just travelling around and battling back then. Generation 1 wasa lot more interesting.

And some popular unobs too.

Yes it is,like a dying star.

Question is whether it will die proudly like a supernova or meekly like a white dwarf?
This thread is about reviving TPPC, not deciding how it ends :/

:D
I remember when Moltres = GDour, now the damn dog is worth 3x as much as a bird set and ye Us were worth VERY little back then =/ I remember getting around 15-25 per 1k lol, the only one that really cared for them were Controller and Beaver, they had a huge stash, but I think controller's collection is now ruined, they all got genders now lol

U's have inflated quite a bit. I've personally payed a 2499 for 7 good U's in v7.5 but now, getting one or two for a 2499 would be a pain.
I've seen how people treat new trainers, instead of encouraging them, many "rich" trainers make fun of them.
All the contests mods hold require, mostly, great skills, new trainers aren't capable of competing, but I saw Cataclysmic (or however you spell it) making contests which have been won by new trainers.
There's way too much macro, I remember in the begining of this version to get expert title you just needed a 3.3k+ poke, but now it's just too high. Many new players just use macro, because when they see old players getting richer and richer, and winning all the challenges (especially Virus, man! thanks for giving Training Challenge a break and letting others win it). New trainers just don't see any other way to get rich.

I'd say TPPC is dying, but if we make a good effort, we can save it
Correction. Mostly older trainers won Cata's contests but we get the point :) Also, most macro's were banned on Pigga's and DH's banning spree a few weeks ago. We should thanks the mods :D
Should've tried to get GBellosom for them :(Yup, the dDour trade was pretty recent too.

Definitely the best part of TPPC, to be honest I think TPPC died when V8 came out.
Not really :/

rashat999
08-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Soon after V8 was released older people began to leave and so many new people began to join.

morfeen kik
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Soon after V8 was released older people began to leave and so many new people began to join.

I still feel that swarms of newer people started joining around a year after v8.

jferg22
08-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah the pokemon anime lost its grip of the well loved audience after Gen 2.

The Pokemon
08-17-2012, 12:19 PM
With the arrival of v8, people can trade up to 4499, this is the main reason why macro has increased, back then we could only trade up to 2499, having poke above that was worthless

Espeonage
08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
With the arrival of v8, people can trade up to 4499, this is the main reason why macro has increased, back then we could only trade up to 2499, having poke above that was worthless

I remember the V8 new level rates - they were hilarious!
eg 3k for 4x.
Of course, people realized how stupid it was, and now a 3k is worth 1.5x iirc.

But they did help new players, but at the same time it encouraged macro as well.

Cataclysmic
08-17-2012, 12:46 PM
My two cents...

The anime hasn't been good in god knows how long. Personally, I'd say it got stale in Johto or even in the Orange Islands. The anime is specifically targeted at kids, however, and that's important to keep in mind. Most of us here or teens or older and are unimpressed with their formula, shiny coloration, and messages of "FRIENDSHIP 4EVA YAY". I think it is nostalgia and the fact that the DS games are damn fun for all ages that keeps Pokemon going.

My favorite time was in v6, but guess what? That's around the time I played most. Most people will always say that their old days were the best. Like I said earlier: nostalgia. Of course there can be points made in terms of pros and cons of then versus now. From what I've seen, TPPC goes in cycles. Therefore, I wouldn't really say TPPC is dying, but maybe in a bit of a slump. The trades forum is still quite active, mind you. It's the social part of TPPC I see dying. Part of this is that everyone is so hostile and constantly trying to one-up each other. That's cute and fun for a while, but it gets old. I have some ideas, but we'll just see. Maybe things will fix themselves with time.

As for trades, I have noticed that, like in real life, the rich are getting richer, the poor get poorer (aka quit, get ripped off by the rich, or get driven to cheat and therefore banned), and the middle just kind of trade the same things over and over. That's why I'm doing contests that anyone can potentially win as a kind of stimulus. There will be more raffles, elimination-style contests, etc. coming up. I can't make people trade, obviously. Hell, I barely trade, either. But hopefully these prizes will find themselves helping people rather than rotting in a closed account.

tl;dr - I think TPPC has some life in it, yet.

Cyenso
08-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Clans died and therefore the community died.

Sakura
08-17-2012, 12:50 PM

Iirc I traded you a g shroom once for your Ho oh lol. Anything (?) just barely increased in relative value from back then if even that. Bodo got most of beavers stuff. love how a ton of people are joining the tppc is dying bandwagon even if they weren't around when it was better.

Kife
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't worry, I'll save TPPC! Wait a second, nevermind.

Sakura
08-17-2012, 12:54 PM

Hold meh ;_;

Cataclysmic
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM

I believe in Harvey Dent Kife.

Xero
08-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Good deal late v6? nope..

Deimos
08-17-2012, 01:00 PM
In weed we trust.

SangoLove
08-17-2012, 01:01 PM
When I first joined it was a lot of fun but around the release of g hera/g absol, it started to get boring and I really never got into the game ever since then. I'm sure many people still find TPPC enjoyable to play but it's personally a game I don't find fun.

Deimos
08-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Honestly, what lured me into tppc was the color-changing shiny sprites.

SangoLove
08-17-2012, 01:14 PM
+1. I died inside once those were removed.

Kife
08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
I was actually going to bring those back for the forums before. Though that's out of the picture now I guess, unless Shrimpy decides to put them in for some reason now.

Apollo
08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Probably has already been said, but TPPC specifically isn't dying, Pokemon in general is. Not to mention with the different games on different platforms being released, there is no need for anyone to get on the computer to play Pokemon.

DarKing
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I remember when i first joined a year ago it was realy fun but now,now i feel like quitting.

_Mew_
08-17-2012, 02:50 PM
TPPC already died; now it is being resurrected from the dead.

Poe
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Honestly, I hate the game and community. I'm pretty sure I'm just here out of habit and because I couldn't bear to see my pokemon end up in some random person's account again like last time I left and had my account robbed by that homo Gman. Sucks to see something you work for be distributed between a bunch of favored members.

DarKing
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Honestly, I hate the game and community. I'm pretty sure I'm just here out of habit and because I couldn't bear to see my pokemon end up in some random person's account again like last time I left and had my account robbed by that homo Gman. Sucks to see something you work for be distributed between a bunch of favored members.

You know you could just kill them by swapping them, just saying :P

Poe
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, but removing some of the few real rares from existence seems even more selfish.

Xero
08-17-2012, 05:39 PM
I was actually going to bring those back for the forums before. Though that's out of the picture now I guess, unless Shrimpy decides to put them in for some reason now.
Did you have any plans to bring back the michael jackson style dark sprites? ;[

Sashy
08-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Did you have any plans to bring back the michael jackson style dark sprites? ;[

What version was this in? Never even heard mention of these before.

bigboel
08-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Probably the only reason why I'm still here is because of my friends.../coughfreebiescough.

rapidlag
08-17-2012, 07:26 PM
ive been here for years just under a different name now :P

_Mew_
08-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, but removing some of the few real rares from existence seems even more selfish.
So you do care. How sweet.

Shadowmire
08-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Honestly, I hate the game and community. I'm pretty sure I'm just here out of habit

This sums it up for me completely.

Wendeli
08-18-2012, 01:45 AM
o.O wow this thread is depressing. IMO as a noob, this place is still a lot better than pokemoncrater was back in my middle school days. At least you have a forum to chat in and people aren't constantly getting hacked out of their pokemon. People are pretty nice here too and will give you free stuff or help you out too. It's kinda sad that I can't trade any of my pokemon because they're not "valuable" enough to be worth anything, but it's still fun to complete the quests and stuff.

RichieRich
08-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Tppc has surpassed event horizon.No escaping now from a crushing death.

_Mew_
08-18-2012, 01:52 AM
Tppc has surpassed event horizon.No escaping now from a crushing death.
Maybe if we use a Pheonix Feather, we could win this fight.

DayWeed
08-18-2012, 01:53 AM
TPPC wasn't that bad 1-2 years ago D:

RichieRich
08-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Maybe if we use a Pheonix Feather, we could win this fight.

Naah.

_Mew_
08-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Naah.
Okay, I got it. So we get our white mages to keep casting cura while we use our knights to charge up Ultima while the dark mages cover them with Thurndra and Poison. When Ultima is casted, we will have our special ops, the dark knights, continuesly drain what ever is left. I am sure we can win with this strategy.

RichieRich
08-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Worth a try.

_Mew_
08-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Worth a try.
Okay Rich, I need you to cast slow as often as you can. I will try gathering up enough mana to cast Meteor. I will see you on the other side.

RichieRich
08-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Surez.

_Mew_
08-18-2012, 02:22 AM
-Several Minutes Later-
Narrator: A huge explosion blows up a dust of smoke. The Beast has been vanquished. As the dust clears the corpses of several brave party members surround the land scape. Very few have survived the on slaught.

morfeen kik
08-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Maybe, maybe if a few (1-3) honest members are promoted to assistant they might be able to try and get a few more players interested. Also, some other players might become more active in hopes of becoming staff.
Also, if the common unobs/maps/swaps/low levels like 100-1000 have some use, they just might be able to prevent newbs from having only crap in their first week. Just my two cents tho.

Jrobillon
08-18-2012, 04:31 AM
i disagree
back in the day, there weren't as many active players online forums at a single time..

the most would be probably 100 and as low as 40 when most of the tppc population are sleeping :P (years ago)

it's common now to see the high as 150 (sometimes 200) and during low times.. its still 100-120 which is a huge improvement

also, what do you expect?
when a game gets older, of course there's going to be more newbs, illusive, older players and rare pokemon

Ehtesham
08-18-2012, 04:35 AM
its bcz of some rich but selfish trainers who dont give their pokes cheap and rip new trainers so new trainers leave

Warrior of Darkness
08-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Good deal late v6? nope..

well I got most of mine for BT legends (had a set to beat the tower) and buying off of the buy page lol and most people didn't even offer for my whole collection. I basically just got bored of them so took the best offer I could lol

But ye your right, probably could've gotten better if I had been more patient lol

Poe
08-18-2012, 05:37 AM
its bcz of some rich but selfish trainers who dont give their pokes cheap and rip new trainers so new trainers leave

Few people rip off the new players, it's kinda like someone coming in with a poorly made pot, maybe even multiple poorly made pots, and attempting to trade them for a Ming vase. No matter how many you toss our way, it doesn't add up. You don't just walk in and get rich, those of us who have been at it for awhile aren't just forking stuff we worked for over.

Xero
08-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Why should people be expected to give their stuff away for cheap?

New players have little that rich players need so they generally don't trade with them regardless..

xArticunox
08-18-2012, 06:07 AM
From what I can see, people are trying to shift the blame to a certain group of people.

That's complete crap. If the RPG is dying, it's not their fault. It could be any number of reasons that you haven't even considered yet. To summarise; I think everybody is to blame in some way or another. Directly or indirectly, that is.

_sticks_
08-18-2012, 06:37 AM
No one's defined "dying" yet, or provided any sort of evidence.

Trades is still packed with kids flipping Pokemon over and over again, searching for extra Pokemon. There's still always a bunch of threads in the Sack about the RPG. Loads of new Golden Pokemon were created on the 2nd. I still can't win the Safari Contest, I still refuse to go near the Training Challenge; there's too many dedicated people working it.

If TPPC does "die", personally I'll be pretty chuffed because I'll be able to have all the cool stuff. In fact, if all the people who currently avidly play the RPG stuffed-off, maybe some of the forum-only users would get back into the Pokemon they came for; assuming it was just them playing with a couple of friends.

We could expand from there, building our own mob...

tl;dr, it's a win/win. I don't mind if everyone abandons the RPG, but that's not gonna happen :)

deepakw
08-18-2012, 08:38 AM
As someone mentioned earlier,the downfall of pokemon anime is partly responsible.What is being served as pokemon today on TV is utter crap.

Arch
08-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I think all communities pretty much started dying off since about '09, regardless of what kind of game it was...

Effervescent
08-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I agree with _sticks_ entirely.

deanogw
08-18-2012, 05:53 PM
yes, tppc died yrs ago, its pritty much just hanging on by a thread

Konz4
08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I started playing 4 months ago but quit because I got ripped for everything I had. quit for 3 months, then came back because my friend convinced me. people here are jerks and to this day I see people ripping newb off! thats whats killing it in my opinion

Luna920
08-18-2012, 08:17 PM
TPPC is not dying, but people just have their own life outside; I think everyone started playing as a kid (Maybe around 3rd - 4th grade). I play since 2003 and quit 2005; Now I am back since I had a little spare time :)

About the old players, either they forgot their old account like me, or they're still playing, but with a new account.

It's been 10+ years and everyone have grown up and have their own life :P

DaRk WaRrIoR
08-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Pokemon was huge like 6-7 years ago and before.

The craze is just dying down a little.

Luna920
08-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Pokemon was huge like 6-7 years ago and before.

The craze is just dying down a little.

TPPC was so hot during 2001 to 2004;

As technologies are getting more advanced, game like the original GAME BOY COLOR, GBA, SP2, and RPG are getting eliminating by the society.

TPPC is not an exception; And it been so long, old players surely quit and went on on their own life.

Kids nowadays are all addicted to MMROPG, not game like this :P

Poe
08-19-2012, 12:37 AM
I believe the only way to get TPPC going again is to restart everything... or to create a seperate TPPC world besides this one.

A brand new world where everyone gets a fresh start would attract a lot of players I think. With only the 1st generation to start with. Without S/D/G/(?) Pokémon, or only a select few that can be obtained very rarely, but infinitely, so no Pokémon ever becomes unobtainable for new players. Then start adding the other generations one by one.

The way things are now, it's just a complete mess...

Terrible idea, you do that and you completely devqlue the reasoning behind trades and for a ton of members that's the only reason to get on

Nino
08-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Oh, looks like it's that time of the year when users post threads about TPPC dying. It's a topic that comes up every year, yet here is TPPC still kicking.

Cyenso
08-19-2012, 02:11 AM
I believe the only way to get TPPC going again is to restart everything... or to create a seperate TPPC world besides this one.

A brand new world where everyone gets a fresh start would attract a lot of players I think. With only the 1st generation to start with. Without S/D/G/(?) Pokémon, or only a select few that can be obtained very rarely, but infinitely, so no Pokémon ever becomes unobtainable for new players. Then start adding the other generations one by one.

The way things are now, it's just a complete mess...

If you do that then the people who have worked for years on this site to get what they wanted (for example, I've been on this site for 4 years and worked to get a DarkShinx, people who have trained thousands of levels legit) will leave and never come back.
It is morally unfair and unjust to restart just because the newer generation are lazy and can't be arsed to work to get the older Pokemon. If you want the older Pokemon in the game then you have to work for them. That's what we did when we started, and starting back then was a lot harder than nowadays. We didn't get free 1ks when we made begging threads, we had to work for them. It took me over 4 months to get my first 1k, not 4 minutes like nowadays.

Elixer
08-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh, looks like it's that time of the year when users post threads about TPPC dying. It's a topic that comes up every year, yet here is TPPC still kicking.

This.

Proctor
08-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I think just ebbs and flows.

Zeref
08-20-2012, 02:05 AM
TPPC is like 13 years old and there are still 50+ active people on a good day posting and playing the RPG. Shrimpy has been more active than he has been in a long time. These forums are three years old and have 4+ million posts. It may not be be as active as before but it's still going strong.

I think it's a good thing that most of the old players have left, it gives the newer members a chance to make a name for themselves which wasn't possible back then without sucking up to mods or "popular well known" members.

TPPC should get some respect for staying up this long and especially for making a difference in peoples lives. (I'm sure I've seen countless posts about this)

In fact, if you take a look around the internet - most RPG's aren't even online anymore. If you take a look at Pokemon Crater (which was more popular than TPPC back in the days) people were crazy about that game, so much that they spent their whole summer playing it.

To see that TPPC is still going strong is an amazing accomplishment.