PDA

View Full Version : A Change In The SS Anne

Shrimpy
05-29-2012, 11:06 PM
As a thank you for helping out last week (and since it was way overdue), the SS Anne has undergone a pretty major revamp.

For starters, all the prizes have changed. While the second and third place prizes will be the same every day, the first place prize will rotate daily. None of these Pokemon are currently in the RPG.

However, that's not the biggest change to the SS Anne. I've noticed recently that because the prize was so old, there wasn't really much interest and people were jumping out to these massive leads and no one was competing anymore. So now, when a player wins by more than 200 victories, they'll receive a special Gen5 Golden Pokemon. I'm not going to tell what it is -- you'll just have to find out for yourself.

Tonight will be the last night the old prizes are given out. Starting tomorrow, all the new prizes will be in play!

(Oh and I added two new map Pokemon)

Shrimpy
05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Looks like there was an error when prizes were given out. Looking into it.

Shrimpy
05-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Prizes fixed.

Shrimpy
06-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Alright, as I greatly underestimated the scope of how many battles people could/would win by in the SS Anne competition, there's been a change.

Currently, a GoldenGenesect is given out if the winner wins by more than 200 wins. Starting tomorrow (so Thursday at midnight), the GoldenGenesect is only given out if you win by more than the most wins someone has ever won by (but never less than 200). The easiest way to explain it is this.

If Piggachew and I are the top 2 in the SS Anne and I win by 350 wins, the next day if Piggachew and Darkheart are the top 2, then one of them has to win by more than 350 wins in order to get the GoldenGenesect.

Depending on how this pans out, it might get changed to "most wins within one week", but for now, this is how the Golden Prize is calculated.

Shrimpy
12-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Another slight change!

Since the SS Anne was becoming pretty ridiculous with the margin of victory being just about unobtainable except by cheating, I've made a little change.

The margin of victory is now slightly variable. If the margin goes untopped for more than a week, the margin of victory that you have to win by will drop by 1% every day until a new record is set. That record will stay for a week or until it's topped again.

Right now, the previous top margin of victory is 36,430. It's been 152 days since the record was set, so 145 days of 1% reductions have dropped the necessary margin of victory to 8,483.

Also, if a trainer is found to be cheating, once banned their score will no longer affect rankings.