PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon; The new and the old.

SilentStalker01
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
POLL:
1st Season - Third Season > Other seasons?
Yes:
No:

Okay, here's my overview of the new Pokemon episodes and the old Pokemon episodes. I have two major differences:

Ash's voice actor: I find the new voice actor for Ash extremely irritating. I just can't take the voice. When I hear it, I just want to kill the guy. I loved the old one, and I really can't explain why. (Probably because I'm more used to the old one.

The way the characters act: Okay, the Pokemon Creators went way too over board with learning. Now, all they can do is find a way to make friends, be happy, and cherish those moments. Now, I'll give an example of what I mean:
They see a hobo on the road, and he begs for food. Now, what do you think they will do? They will go looking for food and make a whole episode for a hobo on the side of the road, and it is all educational, not even close to funny, etc...

Now, if that happened in season one, this is what would have happened.
"Hey, need some help old man?"
"Yes, food and water please."
"Screw you, Charizard Fire Blast, Pikachu Thunder, and almost every other attack on him in his roster."

Dead man > Helped man

Now, do you think the same?
(Obviously some was meant to be a joke. I just wanted to know, do you like the old seasons or the new seasons?)

Samantha
02-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Old one's were good, but animations are good in New one's.

Samantha
02-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree the visuals have improved over time.... but did they really improve? I mean, on the eye they did, but they don't give you the classic pokemon feeling anymore. Hard to describe but the way the old episodes were put together cannot ever be beaten. It has gotten worse every season. The characters Ash is travelling with got worse too. Brock and Misty ftw. The others lack personality. To me.

First season > all.

Yep! First season was Awesome..

Jawa
02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
First season. <3 I can't stand Ash's voice either. >_>

Sienkronieze
02-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Ash's voice actor is a girl.

Hantsuki
02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
All three of Ash/Satoshi's voice actors are women, actually. A lot of females are voice actors for young male characters in shows because a deep voice for a little boy who hasn't reached growth spurt wouldn't really work out.

The Indigo League episodes were my favorite as well as some of the Orange Island episodes. The Johto seasons didn't have very many great episodes besides the few interesting battles. I didn't even bother watching the series when the Advanced season started.

Shadow
02-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Almost every episode has a moral at the end. blech...
I enjoyed Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto.

Absoyena
02-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Hm, I deteste the moral they have to send at us in every episode ._.

I want more battles and less moral-talking. Seriously..
And about them making a whole episode about getting food for a Hobo, that's rather true, they do stuff like that..
I just can't figure out how they still manage to get lost in forests and all. Also, don't their pokemon know surf or something? Because they always use boats and everything to cross the water. You'd think Misty, the pro-water pokemon trainer, would've had some nice pokemon with surf, but nooo..

Shadow
02-07-2010, 01:58 PM
And also, why, is it that Pikachu, the only guy Ash had through multiple seasons, is still weak enough to faint to low leveled gym leaders in Sinnoh?

Jessica
02-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Ash's voice actor: I find the new voice actor for Ash extremely irritating. I just can't take the voice. When I hear it, I just want to kill the guy. I loved the old one, and I really can't explain why. (Probably because I'm more used to the old one.

Thats human nature to not like new things XD its called nostalgia or something XD What is the new guy like? I dont watch it anymore.

Swisskaos
03-25-2010, 05:07 AM
I stopped watching Pokemon after the first season.

I currently own :

1st Season
Orange Islands Season ( I believe it was called)
The first pokemon movie.

I was about 6 when I started watching Pokemon, I am now 20.

U3
03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, Old season >>>>>>>>>>> New one in terms of configuration o.O
I only watched Pokemon up to Hoenn's 6th Gym. I could watch get the ones I missed and watch them but I really don't want to see the same thing over and over again.

I'm tired of Ash being a crappy trainer and Pikachu still gets obliterated by every new thing they find. I'm tired of Team Rocket chasing after Pikachu and stalking Ash wherever he goes. Like why don't they just move on and find someone they can overpower. I'm tired of Ash being oblivious to a girls affection. I'm tired of characters not being able to age. And I don't like them taking out Misty. The cartoon just sucks now.

Chiamon
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
^
I agree

Anidamaru
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Everything after 1 season is garbage.

greenwinggetter
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
nothing can beat the 1st season never

Sriram
03-26-2010, 05:23 AM
I agree with all the post's above. Indigo League and Orange League were the best. I didn't watch Johto though.

Elixer
03-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Now, if that happened in season one, this is what would have happened.
"Hey, need some help old man?"
"Yes, food and water please."
"Screw you, Charizard Fire Blast, Pikachu Thunder, and almost every other attack on him in his roster."

Teach a man to make a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.

Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.