PDA

View Full Version : Why Nickolodeon* has failed us.

Shadow
01-30-2010, 09:50 PM
*Don't know if I spelled it right...

I'll go through each issue individually.

Those of you that can, when you get the chance, take a look on the channel guide for Nick. You'll find that the only six shows ever showing now are: Icarly, Spongebob, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Tru Jackson V.P., Brainsurge, and Big Time Rush, with the occasional other show thrown in.

Icarly:
This show is obviously bad. Three kids decide to make a webshow that clearly isn't funny. If the producers of the show had any idea how the internet works, it might be slightly better. Also, the main actress, Miranda Cosgrove (Carly), is no good at playing the good girl. In Drake and Josh, she played a mean sister, and she was okay at that. Now, she can barely keep her lines calm, and is jittery at every moment.

Spongebob:

This review pains me. It really does. The show was so great at the beginning, and now... The occasional good joke is based just off the stupidity of the characters. It's gone downhill since the glory days, but alas, it is still the backbone of Nick. That's not a good thing.

Fanboy and Chum Chum:

This one is at least bareable, at least for now. It's not that it's not funny, because some of the time, it is, it's just that it's... too goofy. The creators are running out of ideas and trying waaay too hard...

Tru Jackson V.P:

The acting is bad. 'nuff said.

Brainsurge:

Nick's attempt at a gameshow. It's okay, but it's not very good viewing.

Big Time Rush:
This is like the Jonas Brothers. They're just a boyband that the T.V producers dug up to squeeze as much as they can out of them. If you're a 5-7 year old girl, the show may be entertaining.

So now, see what's happened to Nick? Sad aint it?

Hantsuki
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I haven't watched Nick in a long time. The only show I've actually seen from that list was Spongebob and that's when it was relatively new.

I miss the old shows like The Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and The Wild Thornberries - shows that I actually looked up in the TV Guide to see when they were on at night while I was doing my homework. Now they don't even show them for Christmas specials like they did at times. Ah well, I guess it's just like everything else. Good things come and go.

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I haven't watched Nick in a long time. The only show I've actually seen from that list was Spongebob and that's when it was relatively new.

I miss the old shows like The Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and The Wild Thornberries - shows that I actually looked up in the TV Guide to see when they were on at night while I was doing my homework. Now they don't even show them for Christmas specials like they did at times. Ah well, I guess it's just like everything else. Good things come and go.

To this I can say, I agree.

Rofls
01-30-2010, 10:35 PM
What's Nickelodeon?In Canada,we just have YTV.I've heard of Nick,but I've never seen it.

I Am Legend
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
They need like The Angry Beavers, Doug, Rugrats, Gumbi, Inspector Gadget, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, more old shows like that.

T4
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
They need like The Angry Beavers, Doug, Rugrats, Gumbi, Inspector Gadget, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, more old shows like that.
Those shows are like way too old for me.

Jefff
01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
What's Nickelodeon?In Canada,we just have YTV.I've heard of Nick,but I've never seen it.

Actually, they just recently started broadcasting in Canada. I have no idea where to find it though, I just saw a commercial for it on the TV guide channel. The last time I watched nick was when we had pirate satellite, that was probably when I was seven.

I saw catdog on that commercial though, so it can't be that bad.

Midnight
01-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Nick's nothing like it used to be. I preferred all the old shows like Catdog, Rugrats, Angry Beavers... pretty much everything mentioned that aren't the new things. I still enjoy Spongebob, but I agree it's nothing like before.

Ivy rose
02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I loved Nick when they had, As Told By Ginger, Rugrats, Invader Zim, Ren & Stimpy, All That, The Amanda Show and Kenan & Kel.

SilentStalker01
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
To this I can say, I agree.

Same here.

My god, the kids on "BrainSurge" are idiots. They can't remember six steps on a six by six grid?
"Follow the lit up squares:
Right, down, left, down, right, down."

Kid:
"Right, left, down, forward, left, right."

Old shows >>>>>>>>>>>>> New Shows.

Above me: Kenan & Kel > Any other T.V. Show

Shadowmire
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
television is broken without Angry Beavers

Despair From the Dark
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM

Qft. (filler)

Chromosome
02-03-2010, 04:07 AM
You all missed out "The Legends Of The Hidden Temple"
Was my fav along with spongy

Tim
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
This.

Absoyena
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Of those mentioned in the first post, I actually like iCarly, but aside from that, the only part that amuses me of True Jackson is this: "Koppelman! Get OUT!" But other than that, yes, these things suck.

Also, Angry Beaver and all the like(NOT Catdog, I seriously hated that) and most importantly, if that wasn't jetix, CATSCRATCH they need to come back <3! But alas..it probably won't, just as Nick beat Cartoon Network as the main broadcasting thing on here..

And I hate the synchronized stuff they have here in the netherlands..awful!

But yeah, we don't get any say in this. I'd say, if kids broadcasting stuff channels want more viewers, they'd ahve to poll and poll and poll again, US viewers, not their sponsors like: "What do you want to see on the tv?" :/ Also, I hate spongebob!

mAReDux
02-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I used to watch Nick like 10 hours a day 7-8 years ago. Felt cousy somehow. I recently turned it on to remenis, couldn't stand it for 10 minutes and I'm not the kind of guy who grows out of TV shows, I actually like to do anything that reminds me of when I was younger. Shame Nick sucks so bad now

Gramm
02-03-2010, 06:04 PM
The nickelodeon was a revolutionary instrument that permanantly changed the way music was played, and I cannot comprehend why people are always bashing it.

Shadowmire
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I knew your post would be something like that.

h83r
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
The reason why Nick[along with other cartoon channels] have failed is because they're trying to market their shows to teens (which teens usually don't watch), while forgetting about the fact that young kids still watch their shows. Shows that focus on relationships and "love" and other topics that aren't necessarily appropriate for young kids. What happened to Tom & Jerry? Dexter's Lab? Legends of the Hidden Temple, you know? Hell, even All That! wasn't that bad.

Now, whenever I see my sisters watching these channels, all I see is Hannah Montana having to decide what guy she should go out with, Spongebob making fart jokes, and this goes on and on.

PERFECT EXAMPLE - Right at this second, I just hit the "Info" button on an episode of Tru Jackson V.P, and this is its description - "True gets closer to her boyfriend before he must leave for his upcoming tour; a secret admirer seeks True's attention".

Need I say more?

mAReDux
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice observation, h83r

godopokemon
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
lol i don't even laugh while watching nick anymore & i laugh right now.(i miss legend of the hidden templE.)`-~

Shadow
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Also, Nick (and Disney as well) tries to make their actors/singers sing/act. They weren't good at the first thing anyway, and their worse at the second. Example: Jonas

Ub3r Noob
02-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Rugrats were awesome. I think they continued rugrats with "All grown up". Which utterly sucked

Jassie
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM

I loved that show when it was on Nick Gas(that was a channel they had that showed Nicks old game shows like it and Guts(I think thats what it was called).

Also I still watch Kenan & Kel on the rare occasion it comes on(Ive only seen like 4 episodes over the last couple years).

And I havent been able to sit down and watch Disney or Nick for over 3 years now.Everything just got stupider.And it wasnt even really that.It was always stupid I was just growing up and getting over them really.

Shadow
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I can't remember. Was the hidden temple show that gameshow with the different colored teams with animal names?

Teamaqua
02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
rugratz FTW!!!!!

and uh yea fail exept for spongebob/rugratZ!

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Wow, I laughed so hard at that. But I agree.

Shadow
02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Real Brain(less)surge quotes:

What breaded snack food on a stick did the heroes celebrate with?

Um... Hotdogs?

Can you be more specific?

Um... no...

No?

Some... kind of hotdog?

What was the name of our water gun soaking nemesis?

Um...... Crazy dude?

No, the correct answer was The Soaker.

Absoyena
02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Channels like Nick really make me want to see a channel pop-up in Europe with Anime airing on it, 24/7, I'm sure THAT would bring in big bucks. Though watching Elfen Lied while my younger sister(7) is present..might not be a good idea..

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-05-2010, 07:59 PM
What sucks the most about Brainsurge is that my favorite voice-actress is the off stage announcer. It's a demeaing role for someone who once played 13 different characters in one show.

U3
02-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Was my fav along with spongy
Wow, while reading all these posts this is the show that was on my mind and then I saw your post and was like, YEAH!

Xpl0$ivem0m
02-06-2010, 08:35 AM
The only show I recently watched on nick was iCarly. Disney is better for a lot of reasons.

FansVloggah
02-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Those shows are like way too old for me.

:O

Thats so sad D: I miss those shows to death... if you're <16 you probably won't remember them... which is a shame, it really is.

Elixer
02-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Remember DoubleDare/Family/2000/2002?

Best. Nick. Show. Ever.

And Big Time Rush is OK, good music for Nick's standards, and actually funny jokes. Shocking.

And you forgot Penguins of Madagascar. They're getting old now. But they won't. Stop. Running it.

Ichigo Uzumaki
02-06-2010, 04:22 PM
:O

Thats so sad D: I miss those shows to death... if you're <16 you probably won't remember them... which is a shame, it really is.

Or if your 22 you remember shows before even those ones. But that time was nick's prime.

Shadow
02-07-2010, 03:10 AM
I forgot penguins. That's the show that along with spongebob, is carrying nick atm.