PDA

View Full Version : The Road to the NBA Finals

Aurabolt
02-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Now that All Star weekend's over, everyone's shifting gears to doing one of the following:

A. Making it to or staying in a Playoff tier (1-8)
B. Securing a Division/Conference Title (Boston and San Antonio prettymuch have Eastern/Western Honors XD)

Which team(s) do you wanna see in the playoffs? Who do you see going all the way? MVP? Share your thoughts.

I'm a Celtics fan of course. The analysts say they're gonna win but well, we'll see how it goes. The Finals will probably be like last year with the top seeds from each conference. This year it's Boston and San Antonio.

The Celtics have already shown they can beat Miami's Big Three (King James, Bosh and D-Wade) and with the inception of Boston's Big Four (K.G., The King of Threes, The Truth and Rondo), they're gonna evicerate whoever their opening round opponent will be.

I feel the need to also point out Shaq signed with Boston at a time the Celtics were looking for someone to replace Perk after he got injured in the Finals last year (and probably cost the Cs the Title in the process). Now that he's back (and Shaq's out for the time being), the Celtics are in cruise control for the rest of the season.

If Shaq was ten years younger, his joining the Celtics would be nothing to sneeze at. It's because he's older and getting close to retiring the expectations people have for him are lowered. He may no longer be in his prime like K.G. but he can still get things done.

...Even though he wasn't in anything at All Star Weekend, he was chatting with fans all weekend. He's so far kept his word about making public appearances all over Boston. He came to The Celtics literally on a whim. I have the feeling he'll hang around for a while.

Ditto for K.G. and Ray Allen. Danny Ainge has so far made sure not to repeat what happened with Antoine Walker* (Started in Boston but won the NBA Championship the year he was traded to Miami), Chauncey Billups (Same but with Detroit) and of course, Tim Duncan$ (Rookie MVP, Finals MVP and NBA Title all in his first year). In total, the Celtics have had almost a dozen All Stars in the last twelve years (Pierce, Allen, K.G., Rondo, Shaq, Cassell, Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal and Walker). Prettymuch all of 'em have won a ring and of those currently with the Celts, they're chomping at the bit to do go all the way this year.

* He was traded somewhere after his time in Miami but left the NBA a few years ago due to personal problems.

$ The Celtics got him in the Draft but passed him up for Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer, both of whom left Boston the year before Paul Pierce was drafted.

iSwOoSh
03-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Go Celtics!

Killua
03-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Going all the way - Bulls
MVP - Rose

It's kinda sad how Phoenix Suns didn't get in the playoff, I wanna see them in playoff aswell, Utah Jazz too, but I guess the age is changing, the usual playoff teams are out.

I'm a huge Wade fan, but thanks to LeBron, I just dislike Heat now, only reason I'd be watching Heat is because of Dwyane Wade.

The thing with Rose is, I see a little Wade in him, Wade came in the league with no 3 point range, like Rose, but he still has those bankshots, jumpshots in him, which Rose lacked when he was still new in the league, but I see him developing, there's definitely Dwyane Wade in him.

So my vote goes to Rose and the bulls this year, either them, or the Celtics, I dislike Paul Pierce, but my vote goes to KG and Rondo.

In the West, I'd say.. The Blazers? Or Spurs? Spurs - a team with no one thinking off being the MVP what-so-ever, because of that I see teamwork in them, they're like the bulls, they know what they're doing, except they're better.

Blazers - definitely Roy and L`Adridge, people can say Roy has declined, but my vote still goes to him, he's a unique player. Aldridge are better and should be in the all-star this year, but due to low votes, he was not chosen, he's definitely an all-star calibre.

Stereotype
03-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Since my Raptors won;t make the playoffs. :-(
I'd like to see the Thunder and Bulls make a run for it.