PDA

View Full Version : John Frusciante leaves Red Hot Chili Peppers

Tenshi
12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I just heard about this... man, he was the guy who made RHCP worth listening to more, for me at least. He's a genius.

He's going to continue his solo-career.

Taken off his official site:

When I quit the band, over a year ago, we were on an indefinite hiatus. There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding. They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways.

To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer.

I really love the band and what we did. I understand and value that my work with them means a lot to many people, but I have to follow my interests. For me, art has never been something done out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because it is really fun, exciting, and interesting. Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature. There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do.

Sending love and gratitude to you all.

Shame to see him leave RHCP.

Xpl0$ivem0m
12-17-2009, 07:53 PM
That sucks =/.

Iceman
12-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Its not like he hasn't left the group before D:

Tis a shame, RHCP always amused me. A lot of my friends are in a state of shock and Q-Q.

killEr
12-18-2009, 03:42 AM
well theres still anthony and flea but that sucks, he probly will com back again once he realizes he shouldnt of left

Tenshi
12-18-2009, 05:11 AM
That's true Icy, but for me he was the thing that improved RHCP's music so much. He was the most talented member of the group, imo..

Absoyena
12-18-2009, 09:28 AM
..Okay, I'm not really a fan of RHCP so..uhm, he was the lead-singer?

Tenshi
12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
...No, he was the guitarist. XD

Absoyena
12-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh, sorry ..xD

Anyways...I'd say stuff like that happens..but I understand. It's never a good thing when a band loses one of their best members. I do hope they'll find a new guitarist then.

Iceman
12-19-2009, 01:48 AM
That's true Icy, but for me he was the thing that improved RHCP's music so much. He was the most talented member of the group, imo..

I would agree. I was sitting with my firend and watching some live RHCP videos. Anthony, Flea, and John were just amazing live and it just won't be the same, sadly.

Tenshi
12-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Yeah. I'm glad I got to see them in concert when John was still with them, it was really just awesome.

Iceman
12-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I am so concert envious of everyone I know. I have only seen nickelback live D:

Tenshi
12-19-2009, 06:35 PM
I have seen Within Temptation, Pearl Jam, and RHCP.. and some crappy support acts but yeah. D:

Xpl0$ivem0m
12-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd like to see Pearl Jam live. Sad how he left, he made RHCP worth while.

Tenshi
12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Pearl Jam is amazing live, I swear to god. They made me cry during their concert.

Xynic
12-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I remember seeing this, isn't this the 2nd time?