PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with my PS3?

AssassinX43A
12-04-2010, 03:57 PM
It just randomly freezes in game, and I am forced to turn it off. The orange light stops blinking, and I know thats whats causing it, but why is it doing that?

Perky
12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
It just randomly freezes in game, and I am forced to turn it off. The orange light stops blinking, and I know thats whats causing it, but why is it doing that?

Your blu-ray drive could be going. Do you still have the warranty?

Striker X
12-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Ps3s Break down after a while. I'm guessing you got it cheap for a Ps3?

Anyway, it could be a problem with the disk reader.

AssassinX43A
12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Your blu-ray drive could be going. Do you still have the warranty?
No =(
Ps3s Break down after a while. I'm guessing you got it cheap for a Ps3?

Anyway, it could be a problem with the disk reader.
Cheap my ***. It cost 338$.

Thanks both of you for suggestions. anybody else?

Acrytex
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Happens on mine as well..some games will just randomly freeze. Doesn't bother me though as its once in a month or so

AssassinX43A
12-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Happens on mine as well..some games will just randomly freeze. Doesn't bother me though as its once in a month or so

Well this is happening with all my games. The only thing I can play without a freeze, is one of my 2 demos. This has been happening for 3 days now. At first, I was online and thought it was a lag. Now I'm just confused and annoyed.

Killua
12-06-2010, 03:03 AM
If you have a warranty, call Sony?

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-06-2010, 06:07 AM
My advice, take to a gamestop and have them look at it. Odds are if the gamestop isn't fill as jerks they will offer to refurbish it or give you a refurbished one for yours so they can refurbish it and sell it. Likely what's happening is the disk drive is getting stuck and shutting off.

If you don't want to do the above, if you have any friends or fathers or mothers of friends that have technical skill, you could ask them to take it apart and clean it. Iim pretty sure you can still do that like with PS2's and trust me, it's the only reason my first gen PS2 still works. Give either of those a shot and see what happens.

shinydominic1996
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
my advice: get xbox :)...... i had a ps3 and this happened to me. it was the little blue lens which reads disks, it got dusty

Acrytex
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
my advice: get xbox :)...... i had a ps3 and this happened to me. it was the little blue lens which reads disks, it got dusty

Terrible advice.

Perky
12-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Worst advice ever. Xbox has a higher failure rate then most electronics.

AssassinX43A
12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Worst advice ever. Xbox has a higher failure rate then most electronics.
Agreed. I got PS3 for a reason. I prefer it because of the red rings of death on the Xbox, non-free internet on Xbox, and Blu Ray on PS3.

Terrible advice.
Agreed.
My advice, take to a gamestop and have them look at it. Odds are if the gamestop isn't fill as jerks they will offer to refurbish it or give you a refurbished one for yours so they can refurbish it and sell it. Likely what's happening is the disk drive is getting stuck and shutting off.

If you don't want to do the above, if you have any friends or fathers or mothers of friends that have technical skill, you could ask them to take it apart and clean it. Iim pretty sure you can still do that like with PS2's and trust me, it's the only reason my first gen PS2 still works. Give either of those a shot and see what happens.
If it keeps happening, I'll do that, thanks for the suggestion.

chris andrew
12-07-2010, 07:14 AM
are your disk pirated ones.............they mostly cause damage to the lens.

x____iiNsAnE
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Yellow Light of Death will be juuuust around the corner.

Perky
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM

I lol'd at this.

AssassinX43A
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
No. Half of them were bought brand new
Yellow Light of Death will be juuuust around the corner.
Is it that orange light next to the green light? Because when that orange light stops flashing, it freezes.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Not quite. The yellow light of death is supposed to happen only after the light flashes orange and doesn't normally happen a game freezes but when you turn it on. If your green light ever starts green, turns orange and you hear bleeps then it goes yellow, you've got a yellow light of death.

AssassinX43A
12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Not quite. The yellow light of death is supposed to happen only after the light flashes orange and doesn't normally happen a game freezes but when you turn it on. If your green light ever starts green, turns orange and you hear bleeps then it goes yellow, you've got a yellow light of death.

Oh. Thank god I don't have it.

x____iiNsAnE
12-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I've had that twice now.