PDA

View Full Version : Writing

King Killa
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
For some, writing is about using big words so that everything is laid out for the reader. Others like to leave details out so that a reader has freedom and can imagine a story the way they want to.

Some people like to throw a lot of their own emotions into their story so that the end result is something truly meaningful to them.

What's writing to you?

war of time
01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Writing is about combining experience and imagination to create a work meaningful to everybody.

I enjoy making readers imagine. It's harder that way because they might not get the correct image.

Jefff
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Writing to me is the act of transcribing words.

Then again, I'm a literalist.

+Simplistic
01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Writing to me is the act of transcribing words.

Then again, I'm a literalist.
As am I my dear friend.

Altair
01-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I like a good balance of describing and leaving out details. I'll often lay down some decent groundwork so readers can get an idea of what I am seeing while still leaving plenty of room for said reader to make the story their own.

Ali syed
01-19-2010, 05:50 PM
to make a story with true passion and emotion imagining it and then writing it out like an old memory in you diary every emotion and every aspect of the things going on that makes readers imagine

+Simplistic
01-19-2010, 11:40 PM
The art of writing is different. To me it is the telling of a story through words. A story isn't meaningful to all, for it is subject to interpretation and opinions.