PDA

View Full Version : Pen, Paper and Passion

war of time
12-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey all!
As the title suggests (and the fact that I posted in this forum), I'm pretty crazy about writing. No, not essays and articles, but creative writing, such as stories and poems and such. I consider this to be more like a blog; I'll just randomly pen in some ideas, passages and whatnot to share, usually once per day. So...check back every now and then and enjoy! :)

December 14, 2009
The lonely halls echoed with the constant, almost ominous strikes of a clock. Each sharp sound it made vibrated down the tunnels and into rooms lined with neat rows of desks. With every note more pressure was put in, more fear added, the stakes were higher and the unknown increased. Around every corner the waves come at you; wherever you stand, they will chase you, hunt you down, and make you submit to them. You cannot stop time...

Every child dreams of superhuman powers. Some want super strength, a quality they think every hero needs. Others opt for super speed, the power of flight, or maybe even telekinesis. But what they don't know is that superpowers are real. They are not simply ideas created to make your average movie worthwhile watching.

Everybody has superpowers. It was found in the DNA of humans by the top scientists of the world. They are different for each individual as a result of genetic recombination, a needed process to ensure each individual is unique. Some people may have the same powers, but to different extents. Some have more than one. However, what scientists found conflicted with reality. If people truly had superpowers, why are they not on the front page of the papers? They kept probing the genetic information to find the answer. However, one fateful night, the lab, along with all the reports and scientists, burned down in what was "the biggest terrorist attack ever". Was it coincidence or was it sabatoge?

December 15, 2009
She was small and timid. The new school was not very...warm or welcoming, she thought, simply robotic. Putting a person in to the limelight wasn't fitting for her personality. She was a dark turtleneck and faded blue-gray jeans that day. She longed for the time when she would be lost, forgotten by all. But her classmates would not leave her alone. Her old school had been closed down for repairs, after multiple leaks, air problems, and computer viruses within the week. She was unwilling to talk about it. It frightened her. They had found her. They were coming.

They were disecting a cow's eye for science class. The filthy stench made her stomach rumble and throat blocked up. She had an uneasing feeling, but not entirely because of the lab. It was time...she could not hide it anymore.

"I'm a bit tired. I'm going to lie down for a bit, okay?" She asked her lab partner, and recieved a nod in return. She sat in her chair and lowered her head on to the table, all the while discreetly pressing nerve points. Covering her head with her hands, she feel in to an induced subconscious coma which can only be caused by specific motions to make the brain react. She entered herself yet again, a fourth dimension home with complete privacy. Probing inside her brain, she reaches with hands, if one could call it that, and released the capabilities bestowed upon her. Her work done, she relaxed and is vacuumed back to reality, now truly sleeping and needing the rest.

She was gently shaken by her lab partner, who, after asking all the usual questions one would ask a patient, informed her the lab was over and the block was almost finished. The two girls left the classroom soon afterwards, but had one been observing them, they would note confidence and power surging in one.

December 18, 2009
A break from the story. Poetry today! :smile:

Within
Disaster strikes, cancer bites
Into young innocent skins
Deadened senses prevail
Defense in constant retreat
The marrow finally fails
The mind accepts defeat
Inside the whitewashed cell
I lie in loneliness
Ignorant of the raging hell
From the strength of darkness
The window displays a sight
The setting of Apollo's chariot
Not going down without a fight
Resisting the night sky's visit
The cell door opens
He comes in quietly
And my mind re-opens
My heart moves gently
When the door closes
And I'm locked again
I'm left with roses
He left with the pain
The hope returns
Throughout the soul
The brain again governs
And my strength is whole
Perhaps my fight is vain
My courage may be fake
Cancer in every vein
And my life it may take
But like the sun and its reign
And everyday it remains
I will resist the pain
Until death I obtain.

March 1, 2010
Gonna restart this.

Crescent
The Moon looks nice tonight
Molded smoothly into a flash of light
Gently staring down upon two
Between which a bond soon grew
And strengthened after sunsets
Yet with the star came regret
To one who formerly expressed loyalty
And was falsely treated like royalty
Soon the locks were all broken
Although with pain unspoken
And both went their seperate ways
But each at dark would delay
And stare outside at the sight
Of a Moon that looks nice tonight

Elixer
12-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I find this quite good.
You are a very good one.
This is a haiku.

war of time
12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
The Blissey Review #3 is up!
http://forums.tppc.info/showthread.php?t=2649

war of time
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Restarting this. Blissey Review #5 is up!

+Simplistic
03-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Essays and articles can be creative. .-.

war of time
03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Essay isn't my style. I have enough of articles in BR. :P