Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 04-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

TPPC: #3344939, #3364732
Default Speed Tower V2 Guide (top 10 + 39 moves)

I've had a lot of people asking me for movesets/help, so i thought i would just make this guide.
If anyone else has guides they wish to share, feel free to post them in this thread

I will try to break it down and make it clear, although you may want to practice the battle a little.
Anyways, here are the multiple things i do to set speed tower scores, both for the top 10 and when trying for first place, i hope it helps some people out.

Also you must note, patience is key in the speed tower. You can't go into it expecting to win straight away, especially since it is so RNG based.

Quote:
1. Setting a 'decent' score.

By decent, i generally mean around the 50-60 moves mark, which currently would put you within the top 10 each day. I usually do this to begin with, just to get a score up, then work on bettering that score until i am happy:

Pokemon (Day): ShinyRayquaza, ShinySlaking, ShinyGiratina, Black/White Kyurem, Deoxys (Attack)
Pokemon (Night): DarkSlaking (I've found this to be the best by far at night), DarkRayquaza, DarkGiratina

Item: Elemental Stone, Leftovers, Nevermeltice, X Attack
Moves: Ice Ball/Aeroblast, Earthquake, Ancientpower, Double Team.
or
Moves: Ice Ball/Aeroblast, Earthquake, Ancientpower, Giga Drain.
(If using Rayquaza, Aeroblast is likely a better option than Ice Ball for you. It also has a high crit chance, as well as STAB bonus.)

Strategy:
- 3x Double Team
- 6x Ancientpower
- Use Ice Ball and Earthquake to fight through all the pokemon.

If there are multitudes of good pokemon in the battle, just restart. For example, you will have a hard time defeating pokemon like Feraligatr with ice ball and earthquake.
Quote:
2. Setting a 'very good' score.

This would be anywhere below 50 moves, and the strategy is very RNG based and heavily reliant on luck. It does, however, guarantee you less than 50 if everything goes your way.

Pokemon (Day): ShinyRayquaza, ShinySlaking, ShinyGiratina, Black/White Kyurem, Deoxys (Attack)
Pokemon (Night): DarkSlaking (I've found this to be the best by far at night), DarkRayquaza, DarkGiratina

Item: Elemental Stone, Leftovers, Nevermeltice, X Attack
Moves: Ice Ball/Aeroblast, Earthquake, Ancientpower, Leaf Blade/Giga Drain.
(If using Rayquaza, Aeroblast is likely a better option than Ice Ball for you. It also has a high crit chance, as well as STAB bonus.)

Strategy:
- The first thing you need to do, is check the last 2 pokemon in the battle. The final 2 pokemon are higher levels than the rest of the tower, and the final pokemon is 2x your level. Even with ancientpower buffs, it will most likely move first and KO you, unless you find a weak pokemon that has low speed. This is vital to this strategy, since you want to aim for the least amount of moves, you must be able to 1hko (or 2hko if you get lucky and survive a hit) against the final pokemon. I generally found DarkSlaking outsped pokemon with 60 speed and below, so keep restarting until you find a good finishing line up.
- 6x Ancientpower. These need to be done early on, but you want to try and spread them across a few pokemon. The best way i found so far, is to try and get 2 hits on the first 2 pokemon (so 4x Ancientpower in total) and then go for the KO on the 3rd pokemon. Then use Ancientpower again on the 4th/5th.
- Once Ancientpower is set up, use Ice Ball, Earthquake and Leaf Blade to fight through all the pokemon.

NOTE: This strategy has a very low % win rate, so you have to be patient with it. Its designed to yield a low number of moves, but is heavily reliant on things going your way. Factors that can effect this are:
> Ice Ball missing
> Opponents tanking your hits
> Leaf Blade not hitting a crit where needed, on pokemon such as Milotic and Wailord.

If you notice, the level multiplier in the speed tower goes in groups of 3 pokemon. Therefore, you don't want to waste moves trying to KO the 3rd with ancientpower, unless it is an insanely weak pokemon like a Caterpie which is weak to Ancientpower and will likely take a 1hko. It is best to just wipe the 3rd pokemon and continue setting up Ancientpower on the 4th/5th, provided the typings of the pokemon allow you too.

1st - Same level
2nd - 1.4x your level
3rd - 1.6x your level

2nd from last Pokemon - 1.8x your level
Last Pokemon- 2x your level

It is easy to keep track, because after the first 6 pokemon you get 3 Shiny, 3 Dark, 3 Shiny, 3 Dark. If the 3rd pokemon in each set is weak to either Ice Ball or Earthquake, you should have no issues wiping through everything.
Here is an example of a near perfect run i had. As you can see, mostly all the pokemon in this line up are weak to Ice Ball. Other than Metagross, which i took care of using Earthquake, i got to the end relatively easily. I would have set a score of 43, had Shroomish not survived my Ice Ball with a slither of health left. Also Ice Ball missed twice, meaning i could potentially have yielded a score of 41 in this run. Also note i was using a ShinyRayquaza, and if i had chosen to use ShinySlaking with an extra +10 attack then the Shroomish would have taken a 1hko with ice ball :c
So, good luck to all of you who are entering, especially to those aiming for the top spots! If anyone else has guides they wish to share, feel free to post them in this thread

--------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidamaru View Post
How to get 39 moves in Speed Tower

1) Deoxys w/ Elemental Stone : Ice Ball, Earthquake, Giga Drain, Ancientpower

2) Look for this combination:

3) If you manage to pull of the right crits, this is what happens:

Good luck.

@edit: Don't try at night, you'll fail

Arceus - Based Llama God
Team Rocket - Gone but never forgotten.

Last edited by kobk; 05-16-2017 at 05:30 PM.
kobk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
Space Cowboy
Tinkaton Master

TPPC: #3409900

Wrong section? ;o
Space Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #3
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

Lol'd we are starting off well!

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
XstormX
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3376761, #2988850

that shroomish messed you up good
XstormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
Pkcore
ShinyArticuno Master

TPPC: #2433326, #2828697

I don't think using Double Team is a viable strategy, it's just wasting moves. Elemental Stone is really the most important thing mentioned and it's pretty much impossible to win if you don't have one.
Pkcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkcore View Post
I don't think using Double Team is a viable strategy, it's just wasting moves. Elemental Stone is really the most important thing mentioned and it's pretty much impossible to win if you don't have one.
It is listed as a seperate move set, because it is the best way to secure a top 10 place.

It is a totally viable strategy, i have used it to get around 50 moves the last 3 days before bettering my score with the second strategy....

Also the guide here is more to help people achieve top 10, since many have been struggling even to do that. Elemental Stone is not needed for this.

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Pkcore
ShinyArticuno Master

Well sure, like you said, you can set a decent score using Double Team. But the main goal is beating the Speed Tower in as few moves as possible. So using Double Team seems like a waste of moves when it's possible to beat the Speed Tower with a single Pokemon without using that move. If we go into your setting a very good score section, Slaking is a swap and Leftovers is easy to get. So all I'm saying is, why use Double Team if a better strategy is easily available to everyone? I'm only saying this to be helpful because I believe using Double Team is an outdated strategy. I don't do much on the RPG apart from trade and collect so I could be wrong, but I'm just sharing my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobk x RULES View Post
If anyone else has guides they wish to share, feel free to post them in this thread
both for the top 10 and when trying for first place.
I was just sharing my opinion on how to get the first place spot. Again, just to help those who want to win and not just place in the top 10. If you want it in guide format:

Quote:
3. Setting a 'winning' score.

Pokemon (Day): Pokemon with the highest attack available to you
Pokemon (Night): Pokemon with the highest attack available to you

Item: Elemental Stone
Moves: Ice Ball, Earthquake, Ancientpower, Leaf Blade

Strategy:
- Keep restarting the battle until you see a list of Pokemon where you think you'll be able to OHKO all of them.
- Pay special attention to the first few, because you want to get the Ancientpowers off as early as possible (Use 6 times for the maximum stat boost), and the last two, because they're at a higher level than the rest.
- Proceed to select the move which will OHKO each Pokemon.
- If everything goes perfectly, the lowest possible moves you can get is 39.
- Any extra moves will be due to Ice Ball missing or a Pokemon surviving a hit (And this is where Elemental Stone is vital, because that rarely happens if you have this item).
Unread 04-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

No, i use the double team strat to set a good score, which i can later build on. Getting a score you would call 'good' at lets say, 45, is a really low chance. I prefer to set a score around 50, which currently is well within the top 10, and then spend my day trying to better it. I thought i explained that in the first post, unless you didn't actually read into it :c

With the double team strategy, the success rate is really high, so that is why i put it there. For those people that can't spend lots of time trying to get lucky and just want to put a good score on the board, its not there as a winning strategy - that isn't its intention at all.

As far as your winning set, lakhani reckons he could have gotten 44 with black kyurem/leftovers if his ice ball didn't miss twice (when he set 46 as a score), so i still believe elemental stone isn't a requirement to win.

As far as your guide goes though, thanks. I'm sure people with Ele Stones will find it useful

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #9
Pkcore
ShinyArticuno Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobk x RULES View Post
With the double team strategy, the success rate is really high, so that is why i put it there
Oh okay, that makes sense. Because currently it just looks like there's a strategy and then a better strategy right under it which left me wondering why anyone would go with the inferior strategy. I personally find that it's not too hard beating the entire Speed Tower with a single Pokemon though. Double Team would be useful if you find surviving to be an issue. Otherwise, if you can make it to the end without using it, then it really is just a waste of moves.

As for lakhani, the only reason he got that score is because of the Black Kyurem, not the Leftovers. Any score he can get with Black Kyurem + Leftovers can be beat by someone else using Black Kyurem + Elemental Stone. Or is Black Kyurem already strong enough that it can OHKO everything without an Elemental Stone? If so then you'd need either an Elemental Stone or Black Kyurem to be competitive.
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #10
Blaze Magician
ShinyCharizard Trainer

TPPC: #550435, #701405

Setting a 'decent' score worked for me, thanks!
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #11
Fuu Taka
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3375452

off the topic, whats the prize?
Fuu Taka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #12
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkcore View Post
Oh okay, that makes sense. Because currently it just looks like there's a strategy and then a better strategy right under it which left me wondering why anyone would go with the inferior strategy. I personally find that it's not too hard beating the entire Speed Tower with a single Pokemon though. Double Team would be useful if you find surviving to be an issue. Otherwise, if you can make it to the end without using it, then it really is just a waste of moves.

As for lakhani, the only reason he got that score is because of the Black Kyurem, not the Leftovers. Any score he can get with Black Kyurem + Leftovers can be beat by someone else using Black Kyurem + Elemental Stone. Or is Black Kyurem already strong enough that it can OHKO everything without an Elemental Stone? If so then you'd need either an Elemental Stone or Black Kyurem to be competitive.
I agree, it is a waste of a move lol. But double team ensures you at least finish the battle which is seemingly hard for some people.

As far as Kyurem goes, i haven't actually tried out black kyurem. I have tested out White Kyurem with Ele Stone, but honestly the speed on them is the main issue i found. Pokemon with high attack like Slaking do plenty damage against the right set of pokemon, and they can survive hits/move faster and i just found more success with it. Black Kyurem does deal a crazy amount of damage with ice ball though, so its definitely a workable option D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Magician View Post
Setting a 'decent' score worked for me, thanks!
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuu Taka View Post
off the topic, whats the prize?
http://wiki.tppc.info/Speed_Tower

to be updated as more come out.

Also not sure if the daily prizes are set to days, like with the other challenges, or if the prizes just rotate. Will have to wait until next monday to find that out :o

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #13
Blaze Magician
ShinyCharizard Trainer

TPPC: #550435, #701405

Any substitute for Ice Ball? Misses a lot for me lol.
Unread 04-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #14
lakhani
Banned

from my experience of using all the above mention pokemon i found black kyurem be best of all.. its possible to score a lowest score with leftover+black kyurem(best chances are using it in a day).. but if u have stone then u can reduce score a less but chances of fainting are also more than using with leftover.. Today i have i tried many times and made it to 3-4 times with 47.. there were few moments when the stone would be beneficial for hitting critical hits..
in my opinion guys with stone have a little edge scoring less then the ones who dont have..

Last edited by lakhani; 04-04-2017 at 06:13 PM.
lakhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #15
Ruinn
DarkScizor Trainer

TPPC: #3460568

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhani View Post
from my experience of using all the above mention pokemon i found black kyurem be best of all.. its possible to score a lowest score with leftover+black kyurem(best chances are using it in a day).. but if u have stone then u can reduce score a less but chances of fainting are also more than using with leftover.. Today i have i tried many times and made it to 3-4 times with 47.. there were few moments when the stone would be beneficial for hitting critical hits..
in my opinion guys with stone have a little edge scoring less then the ones who dont have..
we know the stone is an edge, we just have some stone owners in denial im talking about you kobk
Unread 04-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #16
reyga
GoldenGallade Master

TPPC: #1441009, #1986059, #2883809, #1966112

Hmm, here's hoping it helps some people, a few extra tips:

1.) The main reason I use rayquaza is because SP atk is very helpful for ohko using ancient power.

2.) Ancient power the first pokemon. If it doesn't die in 2 ancient powers I'd suggest a restart, although not really necessary. It is a waste of moves on one of the weakest pokemon in the lineup though.

3.) Every 3rd pokemon is your level, so it's best to use ancient power on the 1st, 4th and 7th pokemon until you finally hit 6 ancient powers.

4.) Without 6x ancient power, chances are you need to 2hko the 3rd and 6th pokemon. Use the best move possible, and if you think it's possible last hit using ancient power. <-- Again, Sp. attack helps ALOT.

5.) Using rayquaza is infuriating because you die in 1-2 icy winds. Slaking survives better but no sp atk (I believe BK has the same disadvantage), and Deoxys is low HP. Pick your poison. Whatever you choose, it takes a lot of patience.

6.) Elemental stone is important to get first place, especially the crit. If you're just aiming for top 10, kobk's 1st moveset is the safer option, or the 2nd moveset on slaking with leftovers.

There's a few other things I can say but it would be just nitpicking at this point(such as what to use on what pokemon). I suggest you keep trying until you figure it out. Practice is key in this tower!

Good luck!

P.S. Of course the stone gives you an advantage, but I believe the guide is getting top 10 which is very possible without the stone. If you really want to hit 1st place I suggest you grind away for an ES.
reyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #17
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

^ Nice, thanks for sharing what you've been doing. I'm impressed that yourself and mewtwo have both now beaten the record of 43 with a faster time :Z i struggled to get my 44 looool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinn View Post
we know the stone is an edge, we just have some stone owners in denial im talking about you kobk
Nah, i'm not in denial lol, ele stone for sure seems to give an advantage. But its not needed for top 10, and you can win daily if one of these guys isn't entering that day (lol rip)

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #18
XstormX
Pokémon Trainer

those guys are gonna be entering for a while it seems, so I don't stand much of a chance at getting a core for a while
Unread 04-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #19
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstormX View Post
those guys are gonna be entering for a while it seems, so I don't stand much of a chance at getting a core for a while
Yeah, i feel you :c they seem to have cracked the code on setting records lmao

Even so, its still an idea to work on top 10, since you'd need a lot of top 10 placements to get that final zygarde forme unlocked!!

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #20
XstormX
Pokémon Trainer

yeah I'm just going for top 10 for a couple weeks so I can get the cells, maybe by then they would of stopped getting first
Unread 04-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #21
reyga
GoldenGallade Master

Haha, well, as far as the time goes I think it helps that I've trained enough that it takes me 3 seconds to finish 6 blisseys if the internet speed permits. I imagine the same goes for mewtwo. Plus I have a decent mouse. Certainly helps in clicking faster.

Personally I really just want to get that weekly and monthly prizes lol. I probably won't play unless I get beaten again. I was only gonna play it for 1hr last night but I ended up playing it nearly 4 hrs while watching game of thrones lol. Eats too much time once I get started. I'll have enough cells to get the normal zygarde if I win 1st today too so unless mewtwo or someone else beats me again I might just aim for 50 moves for the cells for a while. Or, I might aim for daily and do a contest for normal zygardes, if I keep winning.
Unread 04-05-2017, 10:20 PM   #22
Mewtwo07
ShinyMienshao Master

TPPC: #816726

I thought I'd chime in by saying that I attribute the 42 I set in big part to the fact that I did not use Ice Ball much during that battle. I was moving around Ancient Power, Earthquake, and Leaf Blade for a good portion of the battle, which I think explains the time of that battle and the 42 (even fewer misses).

I'd also like to share the following thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Magician View Post
Any substitute for Ice Ball? Misses a lot for me lol.
- My intuition would be to still stick with an ice type move (an example would be Ice Beam with White Kyurem) since ice type moves are strong against many Pokemon. However, there are still problems with the White Kyurem and Ice Beam approach (one of them being that special attack moves are generally not as strong as physical attack moves), so I still think the above posted strategies are far superior.

- As a replacement for Leaf Blade, I did try Attack Order briefly, but found it not as good. I have also thought of using Drain Punch, but have not tried that yet.

Anyways, good luck all!
Unread 04-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #23
reyga
GoldenGallade Master

I do use Giga Drain. Especially helpful since I use Rayquaza which has both attack and sp attack. Keeps him alive through all those icy winds, and still does the job as far as getting rid of the water/ground, ground/rock pokemon. I think leaf blade might be a better option to break the 42 barrier though. Extra crit is always welcome.

I would also say that iceball is still going to be better if you're trying to set the best ever. It isn't as rare as you'd think for it to never miss. Just don't use it for every pokemon. Earthquake for fires/electric/steel and giga drain for water and rocks if you need HP. Maybe for some ground too if you think you can 1hko it. Use the 100% hit as much as possible.

Last edited by reyga; 04-05-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:57 AM   #24
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

Tbh i'm going to try this Giga Drain out now. Leaf Blade doesn't crit a lot of the time, in all honesty i'm starting to wonder if it actually stacks with Ele Stone or not...

Arceus - Based Llama God
Unread 04-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #25
Chris The Great
DarkHoopa Master

TPPC: #47821, #74968, #968216, #47821

tried this tower must say you all can have it lol way to hard without an elemental stone
Chris The Great is offline   Reply With Quote