Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Closed Thread
Unread 12-31-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

TPPC: #2930330, #2930331
Send a message via AIM to ruanmed Send a message via MSN to ruanmed Send a message via Yahoo to ruanmed Send a message via Skype™ to ruanmed
Default TPPC Wiki Update Project

TPPC Wiki Update Project
- Discussion Thread

So yeah, it's been a while I have been "trying" to update the wiki, mainly the Pokémon pages following a stylesheet and making use of cool stuff like images! Because yey.
Just a reminder, I'm still working on this thread, so it's much likely it's format is not the best yet, also not every information needed is currently presented.

Anyone who wants to help is welcome.

Editors Team
Here's what is wanted in each Pokémon wiki page.

1. Gifs at the top right navigator
2. General Section:
2.1. # symbol next to the number
2.2. Evolution information
Level, item and/or time required to normal form evolve between parentheses
E.G.: Luxray (Level 150), Scizor (Evolution Gym w/ Metal Coat)
Also, everything must be linked to their wiki pages.
2.3. Generation linked to Generations' page.
2.4. Type must go with cool CSS class
2.5. Genders with different colors following the default that's begin used the pages I already edited and that's going to be stabilished in this guide.
2.6. Eggs Groups linked to their pages
3. Types section
All information how the Pokémon can be\was obtained in TPPC.
Must also include links to every important information.
E.G.: Links to the Map a Pokémon can be obtained from, items used in evolution, pre-evolution, towers, challenges, and other activities, like Golden Day and other events if their pages exist on the wiki.
4. Additional Information
4.1. Trivia how the Pokémon in TPPC
4.2. A suggestion is, for already Goldenized Pokémon, to include the riddles used when such pokémon was Goldenized as a matter of reference, also the first person to unlock the Golden if that information is available
4.3. Big contests where "rare" Pokémon are given out may also be mentioned
4.4. Collections might also be recognized?
Since this thread is still being built any suggestion is appreciated, and collaborations are even more :D

How to help?
First, if you have never edited any wiki I recommend you to take a brief look at these two guides about MediaWiki, it won't hurt:It's really easy, after that I'd recommend you to take a look on a page with edition half complete and it's source code and how it was before the edit.
Before the edit: Bulbasaur - source-code
After the edit: Bulbasaur - source-code

After that I'd recommend you to test some stuff you me curious about on your User Page by editing it. Then, if you feel safe you can start working to adapt the formatting of the Pokémon wiki pages bellow.
I plan to record a video of myself editing a page so you guys can see what has to be done and then we can conclude this project soon.

Pages state labels
Code:
☐  Not looked into - Page still not looked forward for any change
☒  Big mistakes - Page with poor formatting or really outdated info
☑  In work - Page probably already in the right formatting but missing Additional Details or some other small information.
✓  Completed
- Page fully formatted, with 99% of the needed information and with Additional Details.

Pokédex
Code:
Generation I
BulbasaurIvysaurVenusaurCharmanderCharmeleonCharizardSquirtleWartortleBlastoiseCaterpieMetapodButterfreeWeedleKakunaBeedrillPidgeyPidgeottoPidgeotRattataRaticateSpearowFearowEkansArbokPikachuRaichuSandshrewSandslashNidoran♀NidorinaNidoqueenNidoran♂NidorinoNidokingClefairyClefableVulpixNinetalesJigglypuffWigglytuffZubatGolbatOddishGloomVileplumeParasParasectVenonatVenomothDiglettDugtrioMeowthPersianPsyduckGolduckMankeyPrimeapeGrowlitheArcaninePoliwagPoliwhirlPoliwrathAbraKadabraAlakazamMachopMachokeMachampBellsproutWeepinbellVictreebelTentacoolTentacruelGeodudeGravelerGolemPonytaRapidashSlowpokeSlowbroMagnemiteMagnetonFarfetch'dDoduoDodrioSeelDewgongGrimerMukShellderCloysterGastlyHaunterGengarOnixDrowzeeHypnoKrabbyKinglerVoltorbElectrodeExeggcuteExeggutorCuboneMarowakHitmonleeHitmonchanLickitungKoffingWeezingRhyhornRhydonChanseyTangelaKangaskhanHorseaSeadraGoldeenSeakingStaryuStarmieMr MimeScytherJynxElectabuzzMagmarPinsirTaurosMagikarpGyaradosLaprasDittoEeveeVaporeonJolteonFlareonPorygonOmanyteOmastarKabutoKabutopsAerodactylSnorlaxArticunoZapdosMoltresDratiniDragonairDragoniteMewtwoMew

Generation IIChikoritaBayleefMeganiumCyndaquilQuilavaTyphlosionTotodileCroconawFeraligatrSentretFurretHoothootNoctowlLedybaLedianSpinarakAriadosCrobatChinchouLanturnPichuCleffaIgglybuffTogepiTogeticNatuXatuMareepFlaaffyAmpharosBellossomMarillAzumarillSudowoodoPolitoedHoppipSkiploomJumpluffAipomSunkernSunfloraYanmaWooperQuagsireEspeonUmbreonMurkrowSlowkingMisdreavusUnownWobbuffetGirafarigPinecoForretressDunsparceGligarSteelixSnubbullGranbullQwilfishScizorShuckleHeracrossSneaselTeddiursaUrsaringSlugmaMagcargoSwinubPiloswineCorsolaRemoraidOctilleryDelibirdMantineSkarmoryHoundourHoundoomKingdraPhanpyDonphanPorygon2StantlerSmeargleTyrogueHitmontopSmoochumElekidMagbyMiltankBlisseyRaikouEnteiSuicuneLarvitarPupitarTyranitarLugiaHo-OhCelebi

Generation IIITreeckoGrovyleSceptileTorchicCombuskenBlazikenMudkipMarshtompSwampertPoochyenaMightyenaZigzagoonLinooneWurmpleSilcoonBeautiflyCascoonDustoxLotadLombreLudicoloSeedotNuzleafShiftryTaillowSwellowWingullPelipperRaltsKirliaGardevoirSurskitMasquerainShroomishBreloomSlakothVigorothSlakingNincadaNinjaskShedinjaWhismurLoudredExploudMakuhitaHariyamaAzurillNosepassSkittyDelcattySableyeMawileAronLaironAggronMedititeMedichamElectrikeManectricPlusleMinunVolbeatIllumiseRoseliaGulpinSwalotCarvanhaSharpedoWailmerWailordNumelCameruptTorkoalSpoinkGrumpigSpindaTrapinchVibravaFlygonCacneaCacturneSwabluAltariaZangooseSeviperLunatoneSolrockBarboachWhiscashCorphishCrawdauntBaltoyClaydolLileepCradilyAnorithArmaldoFeebasMiloticCastformKecleonShuppetBanetteDuskullDusclopsTropiusChimechoAbsolWynautSnoruntGlalieSphealSealeoWalreinClamperlHuntailGorebyssRelicanthLuvdiscBagonShelgonSalamenceBeldumMetangMetagrossRegirockRegiceRegisteelLatiasLatiosKyogreGroudonRayquazaJirachiDeoxys

Generation IVTurtwigGrotleTorterraChimcharMonfernoInfernapePiplupPrinplupEmpoleonStarlyStaraviaStaraptorBidoofBibarelKricketotKricketuneShinxLuxioLuxrayBudewRoseradeCranidosRampardosShieldonBastiodonBurmyWormadamMothimCombeeVespiquenPachirisuBuizelFloatzelCherubiCherrimShellosGastrodonAmbipomDrifloonDrifblimBunearyLopunnyMismagiusHonchkrowGlameowPuruglyChinglingStunkySkuntankBronzorBronzongBonslyMime Jr.HappinyChatotSpiritombGibleGabiteGarchompMunchlaxRioluLucarioHippopotasHippowdonSkorupiDrapionCroagunkToxicroakCarnivineFinneonLumineonMantykeSnoverAbomasnowWeavileMagnezoneLickilickyRhyperiorTangrowthElectivireMagmortarTogekissYanmegaLeafeonGlaceonGliscorMamoswinePorygon-ZGalladeProbopassDusknoirFroslassRotomUxieMespritAzelfDialgaPalkiaHeatranRegigigasGiratinaCresseliaPhioneManaphyDarkraiShayminArceus

Generation VVictiniSnivyServineSerperiorTepigPigniteEmboarOshawottDewottSamurottPatratWatchogLillipupHerdierStoutlandPurrloinLiepardPansageSimisagePansearSimisearPanpourSimipourMunnaMusharnaPidoveTranquillUnfezantBlitzleZebstrikaRoggenrolaBoldoreGigalithWoobatSwoobatDrilburExcadrillAudinoTimburrGurdurrConkeldurrTympolePalpitoadSeismitoadThrohSawkSewaddleSwadloonLeavannyVenipedeWhirlipedeScolipedeCottoneeWhimsicottPetililLilligantBasculinSandileKrokorokKrookodileDarumakaDarmanitanMaractusDwebbleCrustleScraggyScraftySigilyphYamaskCofagrigusTirtougaCarracostaArchenArcheopsTrubbishGarbodorZoruaZoroarkMinccinoCinccinoGothitaGothoritaGothitelleSolosisDuosionReuniclusDucklettSwannaVanilliteVanillishVanilluxeDeerlingSawsbuckEmolgaKarrablastEscavalierFoongusAmoongussFrillishJellicentAlomomolaJoltikGalvantulaFerroseedFerrothornKlinkKlangKlinklangTynamoEelektrikEelektrossElgyemBeheeyemLitwickLampentChandelureAxewFraxureHaxorusCubchooBearticCryogonalShelmetAccelgorStunfiskMienfooMienshaoDruddigonGolettGolurkPawniardBisharpBouffalantRuffletBraviaryVullabyMandibuzzHeatmorDurantDeinoZweilousHydreigonLarvestaVolcaronaCobalionTerrakionVirizionTornadusThundurusReshiramZekromLandorusKyuremKeldeoMeloettaGenesect

Last edited by ruanmed; 01-03-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 12-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
aakash
GoldenDusknoir Master

TPPC: #3366075, #3366427, #3367161, #3366829

im in.
Unread 01-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
THEJJMAN25
DarkBlaziken Master

TPPC: #3380438, #3385573, #3388013, #3420925

I'll try to help, but I'm going to need guidance on how to update. I'll look at the help links but I don't know if that will be enough.
Unread 01-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #4
Twiggy
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #962807

I wouldn't mind helping. Sounds fun!
Unread 01-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

TPPC: #3344939, #3364732

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash View Post
im in.
When i posted about this before, you and several others were saying to me about how you dislike the colour contrast, especially on Grass type pokemon.

How come you are in now? XD

I was up for it before Ruan, but you disappeared and i find myself too busy a lot of the time to sit here for lengths of time doing something...
I will surely help out where i can though (:
Unread 01-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #6
THEJJMAN25
DarkBlaziken Master

TPPC: #3380438, #3385573, #3388013, #3420925

Maybe it would be more efficient to have each person edit one particular section, or one particular part of each page rather than have people edit the whole page. If a lot of people are up for it, then one person could do a particular section or part for each page in generation one while another generation two.
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

Send a message via AIM to ruanmed Send a message via MSN to ruanmed Send a message via Yahoo to ruanmed Send a message via Skype™ to ruanmed

I plan to make the video of the edits needed before my classes start, also, there's not really many things to do in each Pokémon page, but yeah, we could setorize the work if that goes better for you guys.
Like, Zeltzin PMed me he/she is editing the top left including the gifs already in most of the Pokémon wiki pages.

As for now what I could think is that one could add images, other add linkage, other add special CSS/HTML, then others come with with Additional Details.
Finally there's someone to review the pages and give a final evaluation if the pages follow the formatting guidances and w/e.

@kobk x does not rule, Yeah I know you were up when I asked you last time but at the time I was not much motivated into TPPC and life happenings dragged me even more away.
Unread 01-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
AK
GoldenLucario Trainer

I am in :)
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
Pkcore
ShinyArticuno Master

TPPC: #2433326, #2828697

I'll manage you guys and have my Bulbasaur use Vine Whip on you if you're slacking. For starters, why are you using a yellow colour for the female symbol on a white background? It's hard to see. Change it to blue for consistency with the other colours on the page, or if you want to have different colours for female/male, may I suggest purple?

Edit: For the type images, be consistent and have no spaces before or after the first/last letters. Like compare the Poison image for Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur. The one for Bulbasaur looks weird. For the Water image, the 'r' is protruding out of the blue background. Why is the gap between the name at the top left and the contents box different between some Pokemon? Like it's larger for Bulbasaur/Squirtle than their evos for example. Be consistent and professional!

Last edited by Pkcore; 01-02-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #10
time walker XS
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3129720, #3197431

just want to point out that the regigigas page says that it has 110 speed when it should be 100
Unread 01-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #11
Zeus
Banned

TPPC: #3294468, #3235722

mmemememememmememem!

i might need some help though so expect a lot of pms if youre on the help list

coding is so complicated; its incredible

ruan, do you write the codes yourself? i have no clue how to do that and i feel that im not gaining anything by just copying and editing yours D:

Last edited by Zeus; 01-02-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Unread 01-03-2015, 12:15 AM   #12
Zeus
Banned

http://wiki.tppc.info/Genesect

does this look good, im not sure what happened with steel's color aha
Unread 01-03-2015, 02:41 AM   #13
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkcore View Post
I'll manage you guys and have my Bulbasaur use Vine Whip on you if you're slacking. For starters, why are you using a yellow colour for the female symbol on a white background? It's hard to see. Change it to blue for consistency with the other colours on the page, or if you want to have different colours for female/male, may I suggest purple?

Edit: For the type images, be consistent and have no spaces before or after the first/last letters. Like compare the Poison image for Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur. The one for Bulbasaur looks weird. For the Water image, the 'r' is protruding out of the blue background. Why is the gap between the name at the top left and the contents box different between some Pokemon? Like it's larger for Bulbasaur/Squirtle than their evos for example. Be consistent and professional!
Thanks for addresing those issues, I really did not notice I left those mistakes behind when I edited the pages.

The female symbol color is the css color for pink, it's just a shame the default pink is too pale :x So, I'll go with your suggestion and change the defaults now to blue for male and purple for female.
About the type images, they may look weird at the moment but it's because Shrimpy did not add all the CSS needed for them to look cool, I've already asked him again to add what's needed but I think he's been too busy xD

I'm gonna build a page on the wiki with the final types CSS shown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
mmemememememmememem!

i might need some help though so expect a lot of pms if youre on the help list

coding is so complicated; its incredible

ruan, do you write the codes yourself? i have no clue how to do that and i feel that im not gaining anything by just copying and editing yours D:
Yeah, you can PM me when any help is needed.
Also, when you look at codes, makes change to them and see what those changes produce, you can be sure you are learning from that :)
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #14
Pkcore
ShinyArticuno Master

TPPC: #2433326, #2828697

No problem. By the way when you edited Bulbsaur's types again, you left a space before and after the "/" which no other Pokemon has. It looks better with the spaces though, and it's consistent with the format of the gender/egg groups now, so maybe it's better if every other Pokemon follows the type spacing that Bulbasaur has? Also for Ivysaur's evolves from, you didn't put a space between Bulbasaur's name and the left bracket. :)
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:29 AM   #15
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

Quote:
No problem. By the way when you edited Bulbsaur's types again, you left a space before and after the "/" which no other Pokemon has. It looks better with the spaces though, and it's consistent with the format of the gender/egg groups now, so maybe it's better if every other Pokemon follows the type spacing that Bulbasaur has? Also for Ivysaur's evolves from, you didn't put a space between Bulbasaur's name and the left bracket. :)
Yeah, the objective is that Bulbasaur becomes the new standard now xD
And uh, about Ivysaur, these mistakes always happen :P
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #16
aakash
GoldenDusknoir Master

TPPC: #3366075, #3366427, #3367161, #3366829

thats a long read :O

ill get to doing it for 3rd gens tonight? :O
Unread 01-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #17
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

TPPC: #97173

Might rates be possibly included as a page or a link to a table of rates in the wiki?
Rates (estimated ones) can be used as a general guideline and perhaps the existing page could be rewritten for it to be more understandable for newcomers. There is no fixed rate but still such information can nevertheless serve as a useful reference for players.

I'm attempting to create an excel sheet with the more updated rates of commonly traded Pokémon.

I'm still pretty newb in terms of rares and (?)s rates though.

Special Thanks: Kife, Presage, InviciL, Abhi, PokeJrod23, Electrophoresis, brave odin, lakhani, lordreshiram, kobkxrules

Empire of PTC| Surfing on Golden Lapras | The Day I Caught a Praying Mantis | Six Grand Knights of Gin v3

Last edited by Gin.A; 01-03-2015 at 05:38 AM.
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:06 AM   #18
Zeus
Banned

I remember an older player made a website for that, something along the lines of dystonia.. Something something but I don't think rates would be added to the tppc wiki

And thanks for adding me to the first post ruan;0

When I start later tomorrow, I'll do random legendaries and let you all know about it
Unread 01-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #19
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash View Post
thats a long read :O

ill get to doing it for 3rd gens tonight? :O
I'm creating the Project page on Wiki, check it out and give some suggestions, gonna move all contents from this thread to there and make this a discussion thread mostly :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin.A View Post
Might rates be possibly included as a page or a link to a table of rates in the wiki?
Rates (estimated ones) can be used as a general guideline and perhaps the existing page could be rewritten for it to be more understandable for newcomers. There is no fixed rate but still such information can nevertheless serve as a useful reference for players.

I'm attempting to create an excel sheet with the more updated rates of commonly traded Pokémon.

I'm still pretty newb in terms of rares and (?)s rates though.
It's what Zeus said, no rates are ever going to be added to the wiki, because none of them are enforced by TPPC Staff, they are just personal opinions.

Although you can create your own webpage somewhere else with your ratings if you want. ;o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I remember an older player made a website for that, something along the lines of dystonia.. Something something but I don't think rates would be added to the tppc wiki

And thanks for adding me to the first post ruan;0

When I start later tomorrow, I'll do random legendaries and let you all know about it
Yeah, that was Hobo that owned Dysonia, which contained Derextreme's ratings.

Last edited by ruanmed; 01-03-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #20
Twiggy
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
Why is the gap between the name at the top left and the contents box different between some Pokemon? Like it's larger for Bulbasaur/Squirtle than their evos for example. Be consistent and professional!
I've been editing the first few pages to match the Bulbasaur page but if you look at Squirtle's page, do we want these gaps? Some pages have gaps and some don't, just wondering which I should change.
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #21
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
I've been editing the first few pages to match the Bulbasaur page but if you look at Squirtle's page, do we want these gaps? Some pages have gaps and some don't, just wondering which I should change.
No gaps, before the headers leave only one blank line, more than that is uneeded, atleast in my view.
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #22
Zeltzin
Mewtwo Trainer

TPPC: #3361103

Someone can put the two promos missing?
Shiny zubat
And Dark spinda
http://wiki.tppc.info/Promos
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #23
Twiggy
Pokémon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltzin View Post
Someone can put the two promos missing?
Shiny zubat
And Dark spinda
http://wiki.tppc.info/Promos
Do you know which weeks they were for?

Should we go by a pokémon's stats on the TPPC Pokédex for the wiki?
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #24
Zeltzin
Mewtwo Trainer

TPPC: #3361103

I'm confused
Maybe...
12-28-2014 dark spinda
Missing shiny zubat and unown k

12-22-2014
12-15-2014???
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #25
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltzin View Post
I'm confused
Maybe...
12-28-2014 dark spinda
Missing shiny zubat and unown k

12-22-2014
12-15-2014???
UnownK was promo after ShinyZubat?

Closed Thread