Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 01-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
qpTrainerqp
Eevee Master

TPPC: #1822210
Default The TPPC Economy

The TPPC Economy
Quote:
I often see new people joining and having trouble working with how the "economy" (if I may call it that) on this site works. Trading pokemon can be quite the task and being new can pose many problems. I'll address all the problems here to help the newer individuals. This guide is exactly what I call it, A GUIDE. I do not use this as a governing force but I do recommend it's used to help you out if you are new to the forums.

Table of Contents
  • The X System
  • Building Wealth
    1. Training
    2. Map Catching
    3. Legend Catching
    4. Promos
    5. Golds
    6. Safari Contest
    7. The SS Anne
    8. Investing
    9. Other
  • Helpful Tools

The X System
The X system is based off of the old level cap that all traders had. In ancient TPPC times there was a trading cap that allowed player to only trade pokemon level 2499 or below. Due to some changes level caps are not outlined as such:
0-999,999 Team Points = 2500 Trading Cap
1,000,000-9,999,999 Team Points = 3000 Trading Cap
10,000,000-99,999,999 Team Points = 3500 Trading Cap
100,000,000+ Team Points = 4500 Trading Cap
For further information on factions refer to here

Common phrases you may read are:
"How much do you rate it?"
"How much x does that go for?"
"Do you have a rate for it?"

These phrases refer to how much x a person is valuing their pokemon at
For very basic rates levels are the easiest to determine
1x = 1 level 2499
2x = 2 level 2499
3x = 3 level 2499
and etc.

There has been a value added to level 1000 exacts.
In proportion, the level 1000 exacts tend to rate similar to the 2499s
15-16 1000 exact pokemon = 1 level 2499 pokemon
(15.6 to be exact but people round up or down)
For ratings of rare pokemon refer to link in "Helpful Tools" Section

Building Wealth
Wealth as explained before is measured in the X-System and it does take time to build some. Having some helps you obtain specific pokemon you may want and it may help start personal collections of sorts. It can be tackled in many ways and each way I will associate a difficulty with.

Training
Easy - Hard
Training is a huge part of pokemon games and so is it in this game
However, training in TPPC can last forever due to no boundary on levels
You may train your own level 1000s and upgrade them into 2499s
Or you can train straight to level 2499 and build wealth like that
However, you may also be able to train for other people and charge
If you decide to help train other people's pokemon there are certain benefits:
  • You can charge profit; however, the better you are the better the prize the more profit you can charge for the service
What this means is that if you train a pokemon for someone from level 5-1000 they are required to pay your multiple in level 1000s for that training. For example, if you charge 2x profit then you would get 2 level 1000s for training 1. Many people can do this because they tend to have wealth themselves but are too lazy or busy to train for themselves. This agreement would have to be established ahead of time along with what the prize for the training is. You are also obligated to return the pokemon whether or not you have completed the training or not. You will get banned if you scam people so do not bother doing so. Also, others are aware of this risk so some people may not allow you to train unless you have something to lose (collateral) or unless you are recognized in the community (built through a quantity of training jobs and trust among members).
  • You may exp share to level your own pokemon
Many individuals who do train have the main pokemon that they do their training with. For example, I have a high-level DarkMewtwo which I train with. I attach exp share (See here how to obtain exp share) on the pokemon I would like to train so when I battle with my Mewtwo the other pokemon also receives half of the exp I gained. This can be very helpful in training pokemon from level 5-1000 because you get much more exp than you would soloing the pokemon.

DO NOT USE ANY AUTOMATION SOFTWARES!
This is illegal and trust me the moderators of the game will find out. Click responsibly.

Map Catching
Easy
Map catching is a very easy task. Pokemon can be caught on maps within the rpg. Simply refer here to see what pokemon you can catch on what map. Map pokemon have begun to strike popularity among people for items called swap tokens (For further information on swapping and swap tokens refer here). Simply the conversion used to trade for maps is:
500 map pokemon = 1 level 1000 pokemon.
There is a problem that occurs with this type of deal. You are only able to trade 250 pokemon on each side of the trade so having to trade 500 pokemon takes 2 trades minimum. There must be some level of trust to complete this transaction. The best way is you create a trade where you are trading 250 map pokemon and the other individual is trading the 1k and then you trade the rest of the 250 map pokemon. Also, some people may order only specific pokemon but it is up to you and the customer to work that out. There is no real rate on specific pokemon however when people ask for map pokemon they tend to want a variety of maps (more than 1 pokemon) so it is best to switch between maps to get the best spread.

Legend Catching
Medium
This method tend to be more popular in the past but still is a way of creating wealth.
There is already a huge guide in how to defeat majority of the towers and the link is
http://forums.tppc.info/showthread.php?t=221108
Huge thanks to Frost for the guide and most still are very functional.
If you need any other guides they can be found in the "TPPC Online RPG Moves" section of the forums.
Now how can you generate wealth from legends.
Legends tend to have a number which they trade levels for:
6x Giratinas = 1 level 1000
10x Lugia = 1 level 1000
10x Ho-Oh = 1 level 1000
10x Celebi = 1 level 1000
8x Latios = 1 level 1000
8x Latias = 1 level 1000
ShinyJirachi = 1 level 1000+
Others can and tend to be negotiated for different prices but all listed in that guide can help. THESE WILL CHANGE. As all rates do with supply and demand that is why there is no rating guide. As well because rates are subjective you need to understand even if you have an equal amount the trainer, on the other hand, may not accept.

Promos
Easy
Promos are simply pokemon that you get on a special occasion or such. There is a weekly promo available to everyone every Monday. Simply go to the faction tab and the first prize (1 Team Point) is the weekly promo. The promo tends to change every Monday and the Admin does a really good job keeping up with it. However, beware that creating multiple accounts to obtain an obscene amount can lead to a ban. Like all promos, only 5 are allowed at max and only active accounts should be used. Do not create accounts for the sole reason of hoarding promos. The rarer and much more desired promos are the golden ones. Every year there are only 2 occasions the community is able to unlock a surprise golden pokemon. However, it is earned not given. There are a series of riddles to be solved to do with the roster used and the items held by the roster. This unlocks the ability to unlock the gold by defeating the evolution gym. The special occasions are:
Shrimpy's Birthday - August 2nd
Christmas/New Years - December 25th, December 31st/January 1st
Around Christmas and New Years you are given the ability to goldenize the same sets of pokemon 2 times. Once on Christmas and then again on New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Golden Day
Easy
This is an extension from promos. Very simple so I'll keep it as such. Every year there are 2 chances in which you are able to obtain a Golden Pokemon. These days are August 2nd which is the creator Shrimpy's birthday. The second is Christmas and new years. Given the 2 days for this, you can double up on golds. The Presents!!! Each time you have the choice between golds. Usually, there are 2 different golds that require 2 different sets of rosters to obtain. Here is an example of how the Golden day may go.
Previous Golden Day
This is simply an example of what you are looking out for. This announcement happens the day before the golden day actually commences. Just some things you should know...
- Only make golds in accounts that are constantly active
- Do not trade golds until they are permitted

Training Challenge
Very Hard
This is a challenge that takes place on a monthly basis. You simply enter and train by clicking on the "Training Challenge" link found on the left side of the sidebar. Enter a pokemon you wish to train with and fight. This is a difficult task because you are facing against very skilled and dedicated trainers. The prize is definitely worth it. Being given out monthly and variating every month it is a very rare prize.

Safari Contest
Hard
The Safari Contest is simple. Try to catch pokemon and get judged on your catch. Winner at the end of the week gets a prize. These prizes are usually unique and have some value. They have also changed which has had a significant increase in its value as they had become unobtainable.

Between 10am and 10pm TPPC time, you can catch in the safari zone. When a pokemon appears you can submit it which forfeits the pokemon and you get a value awarded. However, you may only submit 1 pokemon at a time. Meaning the value of your previous pokemon is replaced.

The SS Anne
Very Hard
The SS Anne is a very difficult endurance battle. It requires to win multiple battles in a row and if you pass 18,968 battles you win a Golden prize! However, your competition is stiff and there are micro rules that could cause you the win. Be sure to read all the rules before beginning. As well, here is a guide that may help but with SS Anne among other things.

Investing
Undetermined
This just requires a decent start and an understanding of supply and demand. It is pretty much using the Trading section on this forum to either trade up (Use the demand for a pokemon to trade at a premium) or to invest in the future possibility of its demand. Here are some pokemon, or types of pokemon that may offer a return.

UE/UG (?)s:
To elaborate, that is short for Unevolved, Ungoldenized (?) pokemon. The (?) is the gender of the pokmeon and these are no longer available by any means except trading. They offer significant value on Golden Day because it is a rare gender to have. However, you have to hope that you choose right. Many people start collections and do get multiples of them and that is probably the best method. It is difficult to see return as there are 2 Golden Days and 2 different pokemon goldenized on those days. Meaning 4 possible pokemon all year out of the 100s left to goldenize.

Contest Prizes
Whether it be the training event, the safari event, the SS Anne, etc. These pokemon are limited, usually have a low frequency in the game, and are subject to change at Shrimpy's will. They offer their initial value dependent on difficulty (SS Anne Gold much more difficult than a legendary). However, you can hold on to them or collect them in the hopes that it will appreciate in value.

Existing UNOBs
Short for Unobtainables, these pokemon are those that are no longer available through any means except trading. Golds, Shiny, Dark, (?)s, Gs, etc. These are types of Unobs you will see and their demand fluctuates. The larger it is the more likely it will fluctuate. Veterans of the game come and go and with them, they bring oldies that people enjoy. Sometimes that might spike the demand, and also X of an unob like when Fading released a lot of her Eevees from her amazing collection. Other times it lowers it if they stick around as they become active tradables. This is very unpredictable but with some understanding and time, you might be able to find some trends to help.

Other
Under Construction
Help would be appreciated. Suggestions for gaining wealth are needed.

Helpful Tools
Experience Calculator
TPPC Wiki

Last edited by qpTrainerqp; 01-07-2018 at 02:12 AM.
qpTrainerqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
tanvi
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3326048

Thanks
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
Quantum Glory
GoldenBreloom Expert

TPPC: #3407800

Quote:
Building Wealth
[FONT="System"]Wealth as explained before is measured in the X-System and it does take time to build some. Having some helps you obtain specific pokemon you may want and it may help start personal collections of sorts. It can be tackled in many ways and each way I will associate a difficulty with.
not if your me xD
gets 220x - gets ban
starts again within next week gets 150x - gets ban again

2nd day of restart already on 160x xD
Quantum Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
Velyanthe
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3380112, #3380279, #3380289, #3380391, #3380390

Contests are a great way to win Pokémon, and it's good to check the buy page for the occasional promo (or the rare cheap gold). Safari Contest and Radio Tower are easy ways to try winning pokes, and Training Contest (or whatever it's called) is a very difficult and competitive way to earn a gold, afaik. SS Anne is generally not terribly difficult to get at least a Dwebble, assuming you're not trying for Genesect. Also, sometimes people will pay swappers to swap a poke into, typically, a fighting type.

Also may want to clarify that rates can vary greatly, and anyone's given rate is just a guideline, not a rule (except for levels). And mention that "3x = 3 level 2499" covers experience and is more like one level 3500 (I think) than a level 7500.

Might be suggested to gauge the likability of some Pokémon before trading for it, if using it solely as currency. For example, GoldenRiolu is moderately difficult to trade, and DarkGible is hard to trade, but something like GoldenDratini is much easier to trade because people like it more.

Fighting Pokémon are best for training, generally, if using training gyms. Also might want to cover the s/d/g bonuses.

Team Quests take a good while to complete, especially the money step(s), so while the reward is pretty valuable, it also takes a long time.
Velyanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Hiro
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #161932

This is a nice guide. Just a note though, the staff don't officially explicitly endorse the rating system.
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
qpTrainerqp
Eevee Master

No problem

Why you get banned :o

Thanks been meaning to add tips on contests and then those challenges including the training challenge. Just got tired last night so posted what I had.

Thanks and I'm aware I don't mean this to be an official guide just a tip for new players and for personal use. I offer my help to new players but it kinda annoying explaining the basics so I made this. I do say to use this as a guide to avoid people from using this as an enforcement. Just whether people like to admit it or not most people use the rating system and for those who don't have so much "wealth" they don't need to so they just trade for what they like. I mean is someone loved ShinyHoundour they would not trade a GoldenDelibird for it straight up even if they hated Delibird. Everyone would ask for adds because they go by the system.
Unread 07-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #7
killerthemaster
Scizor Expert

TPPC: #1656615, #2264163, #3027333

bump this is really helpful to new players

League of Legends-NA-Syferfyre
~Gone from Tppc
killerthemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
Yuru
Not a Seel Clubber

TPPC: #3354423, #3359245, #3401263, #3361006

About training, I don't think 2x profit applies for every trainer or every training job. It would be more accurate if you put it as "you can demand profit from training other people's pokemon" and mention the profit rates as an example. Trainers can also train for no profit or much more profit depending on the prize. Helpful guide though, thanks for putting time in it.

Also, I personally find the rating system pretty helpful, but it shouldn't be in any official or non-official guides. The site doesn't work anymore anyway.

Last edited by Yuru; 07-10-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Yuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #9
kobk
Korn Kingdom King

TPPC: #3344939, #3364732

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerthemaster View Post
bump this is really helpful to new players
you are only meant to bump in the trading section :X

Arceus - Based Llama God
Team Rocket - Gone but never forgotten.
kobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #10
killerthemaster
Scizor Expert

TPPC: #1656615, #2264163, #3027333

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobk x RULES View Post
you are only meant to bump in the trading section :X
don't hurt me pls

League of Legends-NA-Syferfyre
~Gone from Tppc
killerthemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
Masterkrish
Vullaby Master

TPPC: #3383960, #3385451, #3398301, #3398103

dang u should get a medal

Empire of PTC.
Masterkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
DChase
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3427092, #3427162, #3427276, #3427525, #3437320

What would be the rough values of lv1000 legendaries? Giratinas specifically. But a broad list would be nice too.
DChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
seamsniper
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3424665, #3425449, #3426303, #3426806, #3434226
Send a message via Skype™ to seamsniper

so the trade cap for between 10,000,000-99,999,999 Team Points is really 3,5k?
seamsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #14
Tim
Gone

TPPC: #799720, #3071281

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamsniper View Post
so the trade cap for between 10,000,000-99,999,999 Team Points is really 3,5k?
yeah it is
Unread 12-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #15
seamsniper
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3424665, #3425449, #3426303, #3426806, #3434226
Send a message via Skype™ to seamsniper

must the current team point be over 100,000,000 or reaching to that once is enough to trade higher than 3,5?
seamsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #16
Tim
Gone

TPPC: #799720, #3071281

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamsniper View Post
must the current team point be over 100,000,000 or reaching to that once is enough to trade higher than 3,5?
if you have 100,000,000 or more you can trade up to and including 4.5k
Unread 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #17
Kimmy
Blastoise Trainer

TPPC: #3467569

I've been out of the loop for awhile & this really helped jog my memory on some things since my absence. Thank you, qpTrainerqp!
I figured I may as well thank you and post in this because it helped me out so it can help others out too.
Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #18
ramonte28
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #2390914

Nice Thread..

I also hope you can add other legendary value such as reshiram, keldeo, articuno, victini etc. pokemon cause some of those pokes are hard to get/earn and we should know its value. :D anyways thanks for this
ramonte28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #19
Given
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3196067, #3199809

Why is it with people that had to bring up the old threads ._.
Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #20
Kimmy
Blastoise Trainer

TPPC: #3467569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given View Post
Why is it with people that had to bring up the old threads ._.
This thread helped me and thus is still relevant soooo yeah....
And if you look at the post above, it helped another person too.
Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2018, 01:25 AM   #21
qpTrainerqp
Eevee Master

I'm actually really glad this has helped. I might work on it some more.
Unread 01-07-2018, 03:05 AM   #22
wRek
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #19772, #616507, #3000506

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpTrainerqp View Post
I'm actually really glad this has helped. I might work on it some more.
I would be interested in taking you up on that offer and working it into functional format.
wRek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #23
qpTrainerqp
Eevee Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wRek View Post
I would be interested in taking you up on that offer and working it into functional format.
I know this is a while overdue but since I'll be around for the rest of the month and I wont be training, I'll probably work on this. If anyone has ideas to add to it hit me up and I'll try to elaborate and simplify. Will try to add the new ways to earn rares as well.