Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 03-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
jomamamama
GoldenDeino Master

TPPC: #1933949, #3038416, #3477640
Default Rate My Random Match-Up Team

Quote:
I made this team because it is very simple and effective. I tried to include some unique sets in to this team like my Tyranitar, Cradily and somewhat Garchomp. This is only Random Match-Up so Garchomp and Excadrill are both legal. I would prefer to not use legends, I don't really know why but ... well yeah. Well lets get in to it.
The Team

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Attack
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.A)

Crunch
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Aqua Tail

I decided on Tyranitar for my Sand Streamer simply because he benefits more from it than Hippowdon because Tyranitar is Rock which gives it a 50% Special Defense increase in the sand storm. I also needed more coverage in my team which Tyranitar can provide. I decided to make it Impish with max Defense to make it bulky. In sand storm Tyranitar's Defenses reach 404 HP, 350 Defense and 354 Special Defense making it well around bulky. I didn't forget that Tyranitar wants to hit hard so I decide to give it Dragon Dance which can make it deadly on the offensive. I gave it Crunch for a strong yet accurate STAB. I gave it Fire Punch for those pesky Steel types that would hit Tyranitar hard also not forgetting that is will cover Ice types that will rip my Garchomp to pieces. And in the last spot I gave him Aqua Tail to handle the Ground types that will hit Tyranitar pretty hard. Also will hit the Rock types that will try to benefit from my sand storm. The only thing I was worried about was fighting types so I let him hold Chople Berry.

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.A)

Earthquake
Reversal
Sucker Punch
Stealth Rock

I originally had Mamoswine as my Stealth Rocker but I felt Dugtrio could hadle my playing style much better. I like him mainly because of his ability to trap other pokemon in allow him to complete screw over some Choice Users like Choice Specs Jolteon and Choice Spec/Choice Scarf Rotom-W which I see both often. Giving him Focus Sash allows him to always set up Stealth Rock. Reversal is a must with Sash Dugtrio. It does more than Earthquake (after factoring in STAB), when at full power of course. Earthquake is a reliable STAB which can be used when Dugtrio is still at full health. When Focus Sash is used the opponent will feel as if he out smarted me with a priory move that is why I carry Sucker punch on this Dugtrio. I made this set to replace my Mamoswine while being able to destroy other ones.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Att)

Psyshock / Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Ice)

This Alakazam serves two main purposes: 1. Cover Tyranitars weakness to fighting types 2. Destroy any physical walls. I am debating if I am going to use Psychic or Psyshock. Psyshock is just in case of a special wall switch in I will still be able to hit it hard. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball are for coverage of itself and others. Hidden Power (Ice) is a filler with some good coverage of its own. Simple design yet will always be deadly.

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain / Suction Cups
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp.D
Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)

Energy Ball / Giga Drain
Confuse Ray
Stockpile
Recover

This thing can be a complete pain. It is a Rock type like my Tyranitar giving it the 50% Special Defense increase. With 3 Stockpiles up it defenses soar to insane heights. Also on top of that it has reliable recovery with Recover and on top of the Confuse Ray allowing the foe to only attack sometimes. I am debating on the ability Storm Drain will allow me to absorb water type moves which hit some of my other members hard. On the other hand Suction Cups make moves like Whirlwind and Dragon Tail completely useless, which will help greatly. I chose Energy Ball as my only attacking move because it has the chance to lower Special Defense allowing it to hit harder also with one Storm Drain boost it will hit most pokemon that don't resist it for decent damage.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Evs: 208 HP, 252 Attack, 40 Defense, 8 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Att, -Sp.A)

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

An obvious choice for any sand storm team. I decide to add this to my team as basically a clean up sweeper. I gave it pretty standard moves. I picked X-Scissor over Rapid Spin for coverage and I don't have any pokemon that are weak to Stealth Rock. Also I pick these Evs because it defenses are evened with 40 Evs invested into defense and with only 8 Evs invest into Speed it can out speed an unboosted Timid Accelgor max Speed in sand storm. I just put the leftover Evs into HP.

Garchomp (M) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.A)

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Substitute

This Garchomp set is pretty standard when it comes to it nature and Evs. I decided to give it Dragon Claw over Outrage because I hate getting locked into Outrage. It makes Garchomp set up bait for a Steel type. I gave it Substitute and BrightPowder to make it much easier to set up Swords Dances. Which will help make up for the loss of power from the Outrage to Dragon Claw change.

Last edited by jomamamama; 03-24-2013 at 01:31 PM.
jomamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Despair From the Dark
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #1239667
Send a message via Skype™ to Despair From the Dark

Overall, it's a pretty solid team. There's not much I can really suggest to change. Maybe give Cradily Giga Drain in place of Energy Ball. Though it can't lower Sp.Def, the chances of that happening are low anyway, and recovery while attacking is a very nice asset. Other than that, yeah, pretty solid team.
Despair From the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
jomamamama
GoldenDeino Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair From the Dark View Post
Overall, it's a pretty solid team. There's not much I can really suggest to change. Maybe give Cradily Giga Drain in place of Energy Ball. Though it can't lower Sp.Def, the chances of that happening are low anyway, and recovery while attacking is a very nice asset. Other than that, yeah, pretty solid team.
Hmm, I never really considered Giga Drain. Ill try that out. Thanks for the feedback. :D
Unread 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Despair From the Dark
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #1239667
Send a message via Skype™ to Despair From the Dark

The only real counter I see is a Rain team. You'd have to play REALLY carefully around one of those, even with Cradily.
Despair From the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
jomamamama
GoldenDeino Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despair From the Dark View Post
The only real counter I see is a Rain team. You'd have to play REALLY carefully around one of those, even with Cradily.
Yeah, any other weather type messes me up. Hail teams make my Dugtiro completely useless. That one reason why I do prefer Mamoswine sometimes. I was thinking about changing Hidden Power (Ice) on my Alakazam to Thunderbolt just to help a little with Rain teams