Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 02-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
KidMunnZ
Pidove Master

TPPC: #2447110
Default Golden Weekly Promo Update

It seems like there is hundreds of Pokemon that still need to be released?
Why not set the weekly promos to Pokemon that have yet to be released, it seems lately a lot of people are enjoying the promos, and it in turn will allow newer players to collect a bunch of them to build wealth.

Also, what if the weekly team stat promo had a small 1/1000th chance to be a golden or a (?) , so many Pokemon have yet to be released and this would allow more rare stuff that are less in game.
(Collecting the promo, you have a slim chance of it randomly appearing it your box as a golden version)

You could implement this into the maps, so you could have a chance at a golden or a normal version (?). (I personally would love to see Pidove (?) )
KidMunnZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
Haunter
GoldenDuskull Trainer

TPPC: #3451674

I like the promo (?) option, in fact, I know of several other RPGs that have implemented it + it has been very well received. It makes getting maps and swaps as exiting as unreleased Pokemon! I wouldn't include goldens though, (think of how hard it is for mods to regulate NGs already).

We could give different chances of getting a (?) based on S/D/N:
- If normal, 1 out of every 250 promos = (?)
- If S/D, 1 out of every 100 promos = (?)

This way we could also release New-Gen (?)s e.g. Dedenne 5 is the promo...
-> Dedenne (?) 5 for a lucky few people.

Also, we could get new S/D (?)s e.g. DarkPichu 5 is the promo...
-> DarkPichu (?) 5 finally enters the game

In my opinion, when (?)s were kept in the game, we should've made more of an effort to include them past Gen 3 than Boufflant/Durant. Its a shame really

Also regarding the obvious issue of hoarding, with the current %s you'd have to make literally a hundred accounts. Not fool-proof, but hard.

I prefer it to maps, as with maps you can just grind indefinitely so things lose value eventually. Weekly promos last a week

Edit: 10/10 for the idea of new (?)s via weekly Promo

Last edited by Haunter; 02-11-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Haunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Himitsu
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #947344

I like the (?) idea a lot. It would be great to have the (?) version of the Pokemon in the later generations.
Unread 02-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
PUMP
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #3467985

i like the idea. if this gets implemented i sense a lot of accounts being created from the Brazilian region lulz
PUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2018, 05:56 AM   #5
Asad.
ShinySerperior Master

TPPC: #3351266, #3364444

It's a pretty bad idea. The cons would outweigh the advantages substantially. It's already common to get banned for promo hoarding, this simply encourages more so. It would become more tedious for mods to keep accounts in check aswell/ limit this. On an RPG as vast as TPPC, I doubt it'd be a good idea. Better ways to introduce new pokemon
0/10 on the gold.
3/10 on the (?) one.

GoldenPichus: 44/50
Asad. is offline   Reply With Quote