Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 12-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
bmtibian7
GoldenHitmonlee Trainer

TPPC: #3360186
Default Remove/Increase the trade cap?

I thought of this, albeit it's a very simple idea, because with the lower amount of active players i feel people don't train to 2499-3499 that often, and people only stop at 4499 on jobs because it's the current cap. But i feel if it were higher, up to 10k I would say, because just like how people like having their sets/rosters at 5000 because it's all they're willing to train to(but would be much happier with 10k sets that they'd happily pay for), it might help the training market pick back up by increasing or removing the cap. The only foreseeable problem that i can think of is macroers but people will macro to 4499 or higher if they want to already, and presumably they'll still be banned if the trade caps increased/removed. It's a minor change and it might not make a whole lot of difference but I feel it will also even the playing field between the top 3 most notable trainers: LordReshiram(for training with a 15k), Akram(for training with a 10k), and GinA who has the unfair advantage of being able to train pokes past cap and still deliver them to their owners because he's staff. I'm not saying Gin shouldn't be allowed to do this or trying to target/call him out for it it's just that he's the only mod who trains, I just think it would encourage more people to train, either for prizes or their own goals, if the cap was higher because people aren't always willing to go from lvl 5-10k but if they could trade for something really high they might want to finish the job themselves or at least encourage more people to train since 4499's are relatively common now.

Any opinions/concerns/comments on this idea will be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited by bmtibian7; 12-29-2017 at 06:45 PM.
bmtibian7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
Fuu Taka
Lugia Master

TPPC: #3375452

lordreshiram? akram? gin a?
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
bmtibian7
GoldenHitmonlee Trainer

you're just saying their names with question marks, so i'm not sure where the confusion lies because i'd be very surprised if you haven't heard of them so if you could elaborate whatever it is you're trying to say please
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
Legend-Killer
Celebi Master

TPPC: #3436044

Make macro legal

Empire of PTC. U better join it m8.
3500 ShinyBlissey Gym Progress 6/6 > PTC Empire Vault
Kevin is the G.O.A.T.
Legend-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
bmtibian7
GoldenHitmonlee Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend-Killer View Post
Make macro legal

that's not a very good idea imo, even tho im pretty sure you're just being sarcastic
Unread 12-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #6
polo
ShinyLatias Master

TPPC: #3187588

Trade cap shouldn't be in the game, i'm in for the cap raise 4499 is to low for this game imo because there is no end in the lvl cap a all
Unread 12-29-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

TPPC: #97173

No, and that's not because of personal gains from this.

Trade Caps are there to allow high levels to be accessible primarily be trainers who are willing to devote the immense time and effort to train them up to 5k, 6k, 10k whatever. They also serve as a progressive reward for achieving faction ranks. To that end, I feel that Colonel and General ranks do not offer enough rewards - but that's another discussion entirely.

Why then am I allowed to train beyond 4499? You could say that I worked 'very hard' - and trust me I wasn't particularly popular with players nor higher staff - to reach this position. I'm not sure if this applies to other staff but I'm sure they have had outstanding qualities of their own which led to their promotion. And the ability to transcend trade caps, is one of the very few additional privileges we get over regular players. Even so, my training speed is pretty embarrassing, so much so that it may make more sense if those guys trained themselves :| Gosh, it took me over 2 months to train from 4.7 - 6.3k.

Eternally grateful: Kife, Presage, InviciL, Abhi, PokeJrod23, Electrophoresis, brave odin, lakhani, lordreshiram, kobkxrules, darkkook23.

Empire of PTC| Surfing on Golden Lapras | The Day I Caught a Praying Mantis | Six Grand Knights of Gin | Six Grand Knights v2
Gin.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2017, 12:17 AM   #8
bmtibian7
GoldenHitmonlee Trainer

nobody's saying you didn't earn your position or anything, i didn't even say you shouldn't have your privileges. i even specifically said it wasn't to call you out it's just that you're the only mod who trains. if tim, kevin, or kob did it i would've mentioned them too. but i don't see how the level cap motivates people to level their stuff to 5k+, very few trainers do that and they probably would've trained it to there because it's a nice number, more attainable than 10k, not because it's past cap. If the level caps even increased you should keep your privilege of being able to go around it, but i feel it'd stimulate the market a bit to at least increase it. it has nothing to do with you specifically or how long it takes you to train because i understand you worked hard to get there, but personally im more concerned with the community/rpg's survival than an individuals privileges whether you're a mod or not or earned it or not. besides you i can't see anyone else really having some form of valid argument against it. people may not earn it through hard work if they trade for it but it would motivate more people to train to at least hit the new cap if not 5k, and it's a small thing as opposed to the nothing that's really done to stimulate the rpgs economy. once g day passes itll go back to being pretty inactive but maybe we'll keep even just one more person with this change whether directly or indirectly as a result and that to me would be worth it
Unread 12-30-2017, 03:31 AM   #9
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

TPPC: #3089031, #3384868

so far i see both points of view, the only REAL huge thing to take into consideration is golden evolution levels (Eg Pancham,Tyrunt) some who want training done will seek out ones like myself who love to train for others, but still the trade cap being only 4499 i can only get the G.Tyrunt up to that. not the 5000 it requires to evolve, some trainers cant sit and click a screen all day and have that attention span nor time to get it up to that and achieve such an awesome Poke, which i feel is a bit unfair.

some gaps like that need to be made i believe, because im more than happy to level up a G.Tyrunt to someone who wants a G.Tyrantrum(for a decent salary price xD), hell, im going to do it myself for my own roster, it looks epic!!!
(thanks again Shrimpy!!!)
top 5 (1/1)
GoldenChar evolution set (1/3)
Lord Smaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2017, 06:55 AM   #10
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

By Lord Smaug's manner of argument, the suggestion should be then to lower the evolution levels of Gen VIs.

Eternally grateful: Kife, Presage, InviciL, Abhi, PokeJrod23, Electrophoresis, brave odin, lakhani, lordreshiram, kobkxrules, darkkook23.

Empire of PTC| Surfing on Golden Lapras | The Day I Caught a Praying Mantis | Six Grand Knights of Gin | Six Grand Knights v2
Unread 12-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #11
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

True
But it ruins the challenge/accomplishment then, its a sticky situation
top 5 (1/1)
Unread 12-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #12
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

The weird thing though is, why do only Gen VIs have high evolutionary requirements?

Unread 12-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #13
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

ahh the baffling question to which i have no answer for :O
top 5 (1/1)
Unread 12-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #14
bmtibian7
GoldenHitmonlee Trainer

idk about the gen 6 requirements but i feel thats a seperate issue to be honest. besides gin, since PERSONALLY hes the only one i can see gaining anything from not implementing this idea, can anyone else give me feedback? positive, or especially negative, i'd really like anyone to express their ideas about it to me
Unread 12-31-2017, 12:31 AM   #15
Hami Karu
ShinyWobbuffet Trainer

TPPC: #1919
Send a message via ICQ to Hami Karu

This was being discussed on Discord the other day .

Levels are worthless
The trade market is literally crap

Training = Time , Time = Money . And once a trainers Pokemon pass 4499, their time no longer becomes worth anything because the Pokemon is no longer tradable and that’s not how it should be.
Unread 12-31-2017, 05:23 AM   #16
Artemis Huntress
DarkAotearoa0 Master

TPPC: #826453, #2918982
Send a message via MSN to Artemis Huntress

Should just remove the trade cap all together. It’s pointless now. You’ve moved it once, no reason not to move it again or just abolish it.
Unread 12-31-2017, 09:53 PM   #17
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hami Karu View Post
This was being discussed on Discord the other day .

Levels are worthless
The trade market is literally crap

Training = Time , Time = Money . And once a trainers Pokemon pass 4499, their time no longer becomes worth anything because the Pokemon is no longer tradable and that’s not how it should be.
So by your reasoning my Zard iis worthless?
top 5 (1/1)
Unread 01-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #18
kobk x RULES
NidoranM Master

TPPC: #3344939, #3355075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Smaug View Post
So by your reasoning my Zard iis worthless?
I think the point being made is that while your Zard probably holds great personal value (and rightly so), the fact you can't really trade it makes it 'worthless' in trading terms.

The trading cap comes up a lot in the idea section, perhaps its time for a change...
Unread 01-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #19
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobk x RULES View Post
I think the point being made is that while your Zard probably holds great personal value (and rightly so), the fact you can't really trade it makes it 'worthless' in trading terms.

The trading cap comes up a lot in the idea section, perhaps its time for a change...
fair enough to that, but some of us have different goals to others. some want the rarest pokemon in the game, some want to see how high this level cap goes(I, for one )
etc etc

but thats a different point entirely, as for the trading cap in question, well.....hard to say, but times do need to change once again i reckon....
top 5 (1/1)
Unread 01-02-2018, 01:32 AM   #20
JZ THE CHAMP
GoldenWalrein Master

TPPC: #2787373, #3032106, #3032136, #3032807

Honestly, there is no need for a cap anymore. People train to 4499 likes it nothing. Heck some people can even train to 2499 in a day with ex freeze if they put the time. The cap was a thing of the past, and once again when it was raised to 4499, it should be raised again.
But then again, I don't expect any changes to hit the game soon, its kinda dead atm lol :p

Now THAT is a problem.
JZ THE CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2018, 02:22 AM   #21
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

Partially good news: Shrimpy is considering a revision of trade caps with greater incentives for faction rank achievements.

No promises at this juncture though.

Unread 01-02-2018, 02:48 AM   #22
Icecoldhotshot
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #2791307

bring back shinygroudon
Unread 01-02-2018, 04:30 AM   #23
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin.A View Post
Partially good news: Shrimpy is considering a revision of trade caps with greater incentives for faction rank achievements.

No promises at this juncture though.
yea bring back the 10 billion points prizes thatd be awesome
top 5 (1/1)
Unread 01-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #24
jero
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #1601847, #3404270, #3448830

if factions points/ranks are somewhat lacking in use to a degree the trade cap issue could possibly be resolved using them? eg accepting a trade for something above lvl x you cant normally do costs x faction points. giving both a use to unused points and still a somewhat challenge and sense of work for obtaining the levels with out just openly letting everyone constantly trade them.
Unread 01-09-2018, 02:38 AM   #25
Lord Smaug
Charizard Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero View Post
if factions points/ranks are somewhat lacking in use to a degree the trade cap issue could possibly be resolved using them? eg accepting a trade for something above lvl x you cant normally do costs x faction points. giving both a use to unused points and still a somewhat challenge and sense of work for obtaining the levels with out just openly letting everyone constantly trade them.
hmmm i like this idea
top 5 (1/1)