Welcome to the TPPC Trainer's Corner.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unread 04-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
Space Cowboy
ShinyMewtwo Master

TPPC: #3409900
Default Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Lol the top comment says:
"Are they going to have Rey spend half the movie on a planet training with Luke, the team on the run from the First Order, Poe Dameron captured by a bounty hunter because he owes a gangster money right before Fin says 'I love you' and he says 'I know', and Rey lose her hand to Kylo Ren in a final battle where he says 'I am your cousin.'? If so, that plot sounds so familiar just like the 7th one did."
Unread 04-16-2017, 01:50 AM   #2
CutePogey
GoldenMewtwo Master

TPPC: #3176896

haha, looks awesome, can't wait!

Rogue One is my fave star wars movie, hope this tops it.
Unread 04-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
Anidamaru
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #1537249

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutePogey View Post
Rogue One is my fave star wars movie, hope this tops it.
You should definitely watch the Original Trilogy.
Anidamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

TPPC: #97173

Interesting plot plz.

Eternally grateful: Kife, Presage, InviciL, Abhi, PokeJrod23, Electrophoresis, brave odin, lakhani, lordreshiram, kobkxrules, darkkook23.

Empire of PTC| Surfing on Golden Lapras | The Day I Caught a Praying Mantis | Six Grand Knights of Gin | Six Grand Knights v2
Gin.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 11:10 PM   #5
ruanmed
ShinyHo-Oh Master

TPPC: #2930330, #2930331
Send a message via AIM to ruanmed Send a message via MSN to ruanmed Send a message via Yahoo to ruanmed Send a message via Skype™ to ruanmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzero View Post
Lol the top comment says:
"Are they going to have Rey spend half the movie on a planet training with Luke, the team on the run from the First Order, Poe Dameron captured by a bounty hunter because he owes a gangster money right before Fin says 'I love you' and he says 'I know', and Rey lose her hand to Kylo Ren in a final battle where he says 'I am your cousin.'? If so, that plot sounds so familiar just like the 7th one did."
errrrr

Nice trailer though and I'm going to watch it in the movies anyways.
ruanmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:12 PM   #6
Twiggy
GoldenFlareon Trainer

TPPC: #962807

So... it's out now, what did people think?

I enjoyed it overall, but there were a few bits I didn't like so much.
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
Soul Chimera
GoldenSalamence Trainer

TPPC: #3464916, #3464906

Is this thread allowed to have spoilers for the movie or no? For now I'll just say I loved it. People have a lot of complaints and some are valid, but a lot are nitpicking. Overall its movies about space wizards so people can say what they want good or bad
Unread 01-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #8
Twiggy
GoldenFlareon Trainer

TPPC: #962807

I don't know. Maybe use spoiler tags.

Show ( Click to Show/Hide Hidden Content )

Spoilers!

I also don't agree with a lot of the complaints, but I was a bit disappointed.
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #9
Ichigo-san
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #776925

The complaints against Star Wars make almost no sense, because while a few are legit, most of them are just attempts to make the film seem worse than it is, because several idiots online took it as a personal insult that their years of prediction turned out to be wrong. They were too proud to admit that they were wrong, so they looked at every little thing they could and signed a petition to try and make themselves feel better about it. Several YouTube channels even tried to make it seem like everyone hated the film as much as the prequel trilogy, if not more, before enough time had passed for their to even be a consensus among fans of what they thought about it. It's all come off as pretty childish and sad and in the process people seemed to have missed what the film was mostly about, which is learning for us and the characters. People don't like to learn though, so they went the opposite direction of the film, and started crying about every little thing they got wrong. It's honestly the most childish and pathetic response to a film I think I've ever seen.
Ichigo-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
greenwinggetter
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #1353300, #2898416, #3020298, #3293185, #3464530, #3464571

i personally really disliked this installment i just hated what the did with the character of luke and it took me out of the entire movie, on the same note it is much better than episode 1 and 2 and doesn't deserve the colossal amount of hate that i have seen it recieve.

s/d birds swap collection (785/1000)
greenwinggetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2018, 11:35 AM   #11
Gin.A
The Ordinary Moderator

TPPC: #97173

There's good parts and bad parts to this episode. As someone who rewatches every episode, be it prequels, classic or sequels, three times over, the fairest judgment I can give is that this one was generally badly done. It's not as bad as some critics slam it to be, but it's one of the weaker movies throughout the franchise. 6/10 I'd say.

Optimistically speaking, episode IX provides a speck of hope to salvage some of the ridiculous plot twists that were dropped in VIII, but some of these twists weren't even necessary at all to begin with.

Leia flying through outer space was way too strange for my liking - this had nothing to do with theories or speculation.

I would strongly rate the Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens above this installment. Hoping for IX to wrap up the sequel trilogy in the most elegant way possible.

Eternally grateful: Kife, Presage, InviciL, Abhi, PokeJrod23, Electrophoresis, brave odin, lakhani, lordreshiram, kobkxrules, darkkook23.

Empire of PTC| Surfing on Golden Lapras | The Day I Caught a Praying Mantis | Six Grand Knights of Gin | Six Grand Knights v2

Last edited by Gin.A; 01-06-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Gin.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2018, 04:31 AM   #12
CutePogey
GoldenMewtwo Master

TPPC: #3176896

Overall I found it to be enjoyable. The one part I think does a massive disservice is

the part Luke played in triggering Kylo Ren's betrayal. Going as far as having his light saber out is too flawed for my liking, and goes against Luke's character, especially at that time in his life and given that he is his nephew.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like this particular trilogy added anything compelling or interesting, which is the biggest bummer (unless the last of the three does a significant 180 in which case it would be appreciated but completely clash with the other two).

I liked it though, because I like pretty much everything in this genre.

Last edited by CutePogey; 01-15-2018 at 04:33 AM.
CutePogey is offline   Reply With Quote