Thread: My Photography
View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #55
Splurge
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #4879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
Yeah there's always things you can buy. I did a bunch of research and I think my next upgrade will be a 6D. It's very comparable to the Mark II and is substantially cheaper. Few gigs lined up within the next few months so thinking in about 3 months I'll be able to buy it.

Hey, don't knock a good tripod! I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. I do a lot of long exposures so it's critical I have a good tripod. For most paying gigs though I don't use one so don't actually "need one" I guess but long exposures are too fun. Cityscapes are so fun and now I'm discovering astrophotography as well. What filters are you looking to get that are that expensive? Lee filters? Jeez, I can't even justify spending that much on filters yet. Get your website up! It helps me a lot for driving traffic and I get lots of inquiries through it, personally.
I still don't know which MkII you are talking about, but I am going to assume it is the 5D since you are comparing it to the 6D. The Tamron 17-55mm lenses won't work on the 6D or 5D...they only work on crop-sensor cameras. In fact, you may want to go through all your lenses and see if you have any you will need to replace if you upgrade into full-frame. That Sigma you listed earlier may be crop-sensor only like the comparable Tamron 17-55mm. I don't remember what else you had.

I had (still have) a really sturdy tripod...and it was heavy and kind of a pain. And, I've beaten it up on so many trips and it's pretty much shot. I just leave it in my car as a backup because I will ALWAYS forget my tripod when I go on a trip. I use mine only for long exposures...which I do so few and far between that I don't see any reason to spend a lot on one in this day and age. The only thing I will probably use it for more often is macro photography...and for that I definitely don't need an expensive one.

I have to get new filters. My cheapy Cokin P-series vignette at 14mm on my Canon 10-22mm. Cokin makes bigger filters, but they're so expensive that I might as well buy Lee filters.

I almost started the website the other day, then kind of put it off again. I don't know what my goal with it is.
Splurge is offline   Reply With Quote