Thread: My Photography
View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2015, 01:18 AM   #54
Fading
DarkVaporeon Master

TPPC: #347533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splurge View Post
Which Mark II's are you wanting? Several bodies are in Mark II phases now. Do you use a remote shutter release on your long exposures?

I recently purchased the Canon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO (it's so tiny!!), so now my list is mostly complete aside from new filters and maybe a few odds and ends. My old filters are too small and vignette on my Canon 10-22mm. :( I will probably have to drop about $400-$500 (at least) on filters now. The only lens I kind of still want is a Canon 100-400mm with an extender, but that's just a 'for fun' lens. I guess there are a couple of older, discontinued lenses that I would pick up if I could find them for sale somewhere. Of course, with photography there is always more to add or upgrade to!! But I try not to think about any of that too much. I will probably eventually upgrade into something from the Canon 7D line. As far as tripods go, I'd really like a good Gitzo carbon fiber tripod! But with how little tripods are used anymore...it's pretty much just a waste of money that'd be better spent on a lens or something. :(

I still need to get a website up and going. QQ
Yeah there's always things you can buy. I did a bunch of research and I think my next upgrade will be a 6D. It's very comparable to the Mark II and is substantially cheaper. Few gigs lined up within the next few months so thinking in about 3 months I'll be able to buy it.

Hey, don't knock a good tripod! I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. I do a lot of long exposures so it's critical I have a good tripod. For most paying gigs though I don't use one so don't actually "need one" I guess but long exposures are too fun. Cityscapes are so fun and now I'm discovering astrophotography as well. What filters are you looking to get that are that expensive? Lee filters? Jeez, I can't even justify spending that much on filters yet. Get your website up! It helps me a lot for driving traffic and I get lots of inquiries through it, personally.

Ethereal Origins
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote