Thread: My Photography
View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #53
Splurge
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #4879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
Not at the moment, but I eventually want to upgrade to two Mark ii's so would want 2 17-55's. My list of what I need to buy is getting very long and expensive. Going to have to stick with what I have for now, but am hoping if I get as many gigs as I have been recently that I'll be able to get at least one Mark ii soon.

My Dolica is okay I really want a Manfrotto though. Been busy -- lots of gigs all over the west coast. Just got a really awesome little portable softbox I've been having fun with though.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/550072541963458548/

Posting a few pics but am off to Hawaii in a few days. More pictures to come.
Which Mark II's are you wanting? Several bodies are in Mark II phases now. Do you use a remote shutter release on your long exposures?

I recently purchased the Canon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO (it's so tiny!!), so now my list is mostly complete aside from new filters and maybe a few odds and ends. My old filters are too small and vignette on my Canon 10-22mm. :( I will probably have to drop about $400-$500 (at least) on filters now. The only lens I kind of still want is a Canon 100-400mm with an extender, but that's just a 'for fun' lens. I guess there are a couple of older, discontinued lenses that I would pick up if I could find them for sale somewhere. Of course, with photography there is always more to add or upgrade to!! But I try not to think about any of that too much. I will probably eventually upgrade into something from the Canon 7D line. As far as tripods go, I'd really like a good Gitzo carbon fiber tripod! But with how little tripods are used anymore...it's pretty much just a waste of money that'd be better spent on a lens or something. :(

I still need to get a website up and going. QQ
Splurge is offline   Reply With Quote