Thread: My Photography
View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #25
Splurge
Pokémon Trainer

TPPC: #4879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
Before i move on to more advance photography, i figure i first learn to work with what i got and learn to edit as well.
That is a good attitude that I wish more people shared. You can do a fine job learning on just about any camera...and then once you progress, invest in better equipment based on what you would like to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummiOverload View Post
Nice! Still lurking through your albums everytime you post something new :)

I just dug up my storage and found a D40 lol, thinking of using this as my starter cam. I'd love to hear out a few tips on how you managed your 30D :)
I love that people get encouraged to try out different art mediums and stuff just because of the work people post on here. I wish we'd get some more action on this forum! Just realized Fading had her own website last night as well...thought it was just the Facebook page. Haha. Was able to look at all of her work instead of just a few of the recent FB posts. Love to watch people progress.

I am assuming this is the Nikon D40? it could definitely work as a starter cam. The only problem you will have is that at this point in time, Nikon's digitals were definitely behind in image quality when compared to Canon. It may have trouble handling certain colors, especially red. If this happens, it is not your fault, it's just a product of the technology during that time. Don't let that deter you though! It's a great cam to get your feet wet with. I could definitely help out with tips and pointers, but I think we either need a whole separate thread or you could PM me. Whatever works for you.
Splurge is offline   Reply With Quote