View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #11
Cloud
Banned

TPPC: #27726, #161202, #2623934
Send a message via MSN to Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Killa View Post
Also, I don't like the way the first post is written. Just because I'm a picky arsehole. Why are you trying to *narrate* tips to us?
Its a guide for people who want to start writing their own stories, if you don't like how its written..go make a better one. Sorry but I like being a picky arsehole as well. :'(

Quote:
Finally... 'How you write'.... You've used that section and dedicated it to the rules of English... really none of that has anything to do with creative writing at all.
So if I wrote a story that makes absolutely no sense at all, poor grammar, no capitalization, I'd get an award for creative writing? Writing is not all about creativity. The first step toward understanding how to get your story ready for others to read and enjoy is to understand that the formatting of your story is essential to make your story look presentable for others to read. Having a well formatted story will look much more inviting for others to take a look at and will be easier on their eyes.

/end

In closing, I definitely want to say that listening to the feedback of your readers is important. While you have already imagined the scenes before in your mind and have written them down, the reader is only seeing it for the first time, and the experience is completely new to them. The ability to post your own written story on a forum is an excellent way to get other readers to give your writing a performance appraisal, which can dramatically help your writing. And, if you’re having difficulty getting other people to read your story and evaluate it, try reading the work of other authors and give them your evaluation. Many authors will likely return the favor if they see you’ve written a story as well. Not only can this help you find others to evaluate your work, but it also lets you see how other authors write their own stories with their own different styles.

Last edited by Cloud; 02-09-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote