View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
bmtibian7
GoldenHitmonlee Trainer

TPPC: #3360186
Default Remove/Increase the trade cap?

I thought of this, albeit it's a very simple idea, because with the lower amount of active players i feel people don't train to 2499-3499 that often, and people only stop at 4499 on jobs because it's the current cap. But i feel if it were higher, up to 10k I would say, because just like how people like having their sets/rosters at 5000 because it's all they're willing to train to(but would be much happier with 10k sets that they'd happily pay for), it might help the training market pick back up by increasing or removing the cap. The only foreseeable problem that i can think of is macroers but people will macro to 4499 or higher if they want to already, and presumably they'll still be banned if the trade caps increased/removed. It's a minor change and it might not make a whole lot of difference but I feel it will also even the playing field between the top 3 most notable trainers: LordReshiram(for training with a 15k), Akram(for training with a 10k), and GinA who has the unfair advantage of being able to train pokes past cap and still deliver them to their owners because he's staff. I'm not saying Gin shouldn't be allowed to do this or trying to target/call him out for it it's just that he's the only mod who trains, I just think it would encourage more people to train, either for prizes or their own goals, if the cap was higher because people aren't always willing to go from lvl 5-10k but if they could trade for something really high they might want to finish the job themselves or at least encourage more people to train since 4499's are relatively common now.

Any opinions/concerns/comments on this idea will be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited by bmtibian7; 12-29-2017 at 06:45 PM.
bmtibian7 is offline   Reply With Quote