View Single Post
Unread 12-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #6
Cloud
Banned

TPPC: #27726, #161202, #2623934
Send a message via MSN to Cloud

God I'm loving this TPPC Sonata theme <3

Wanted to say, characterization is one of the most important things in writing. Maybe you have a good plot, but how can you make it seem awesome if your characters aren't well-rounded? All I wanted to say is that characters should have not just strengths but weaknesses as well. No I don't mean "Um, he's weak against fire!" Nonono, there should be personal weaknesses as well. Maybe they have social problems, like they just can't seem to be able to make friends because they're shy or something. Or they're overly-friendly, making them liable for others to take advantage of them , like, "HEY GIMME SOME WATER YOU TWERP!" "Yes sir." Stuff like that. And don't make your character totally weak and have no strengths in any way. Even the stupidest person has something good about them.

Dunno if that's help in any way what-so-ever or if I'm just repeating what I have said about "perfect characters" or if I'm just making things worse, but meh. If I am, someone can always edit this post for me and/or PM me to get this out of the post.

Also, in a plot there're several important things in there that one should know. There's the rising action, climax (or, as my teachers call it, the "turning point" in the story), and the falling action. All are necesarry, though usually the rising action, which builds the suspense and stuff for the story, takes up most of the story, the climax only a part of it, and the falling action takes up the rest, and usually lasts only long enough for the reader to know the ending without getting bored.

One should also know about character developement. How do your characters change throughout the story? Will a bad guy become a good guy, or a good guy turn bad? Will that innocent little kid grow and learn and eventually become the mature adult that he's supposed to be at the end of the story? Character developement is, I don't want to say essential, but a good idea for a fic/story because it makes the character seem more realistic.
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote