TPPC Trainer's Corner

TPPC Trainer's Corner (http://forums.tppc.info/index.php)
-   TPPC Online RPG Ideas (http://forums.tppc.info/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Golden Weekly Promo Update (http://forums.tppc.info/showthread.php?t=605779)

KidMunnZ 02-11-2018 04:02 PM

Golden Weekly Promo Update

It seems like there is hundreds of Pokemon that still need to be released?
Why not set the weekly promos to Pokemon that have yet to be released, it seems lately a lot of people are enjoying the promos, and it in turn will allow newer players to collect a bunch of them to build wealth.

Also, what if the weekly team stat promo had a small 1/1000th chance to be a golden or a (?) , so many Pokemon have yet to be released and this would allow more rare stuff that are less in game.
(Collecting the promo, you have a slim chance of it randomly appearing it your box as a golden version)

You could implement this into the maps, so you could have a chance at a golden or a normal version (?). (I personally would love to see Pidove (?) )

Haunter 02-11-2018 04:35 PM

I like the promo (?) option, in fact, I know of several other RPGs that have implemented it + it has been very well received. It makes getting maps and swaps as exiting as unreleased Pokemon! I wouldn't include goldens though, (think of how hard it is for mods to regulate NGs already).

We could give different chances of getting a (?) based on S/D/N:
- If normal, 1 out of every 250 promos = (?)
- If S/D, 1 out of every 100 promos = (?)

This way we could also release New-Gen (?)s e.g. Dedenne 5 is the promo...
-> Dedenne (?) 5 for a lucky few people.

Also, we could get new S/D (?)s e.g. DarkPichu 5 is the promo...
-> DarkPichu (?) 5 finally enters the game

In my opinion, when (?)s were kept in the game, we should've made more of an effort to include them past Gen 3 than Boufflant/Durant. Its a shame really

Also regarding the obvious issue of hoarding, with the current %s you'd have to make literally a hundred accounts. Not fool-proof, but hard.

I prefer it to maps, as with maps you can just grind indefinitely so things lose value eventually. Weekly promos last a week

Edit: 10/10 for the idea of new (?)s via weekly Promo

Himitsu 02-13-2018 07:30 PM

I like the (?) idea a lot. It would be great to have the (?) version of the Pokemon in the later generations.

PUMP 02-14-2018 12:59 AM

i like the idea. if this gets implemented i sense a lot of accounts being created from the Brazilian region lulz

Asad. 02-14-2018 05:56 AM

It's a pretty bad idea. The cons would outweigh the advantages substantially. It's already common to get banned for promo hoarding, this simply encourages more so. It would become more tedious for mods to keep accounts in check aswell/ limit this. On an RPG as vast as TPPC, I doubt it'd be a good idea. Better ways to introduce new pokemon
0/10 on the gold.
3/10 on the (?) one.