PDA

View Full Version : The Official TPPC Newbie Guide

Nucleus
06-25-2010, 02:29 AM
The Official TPPC Newbie Guide

When I go to the trades forum, I often see a couple of threads claiming that the person is new to TPPC/TC and would like everyone’s help. In other words this means freebies. Well, when you start TPPC asking for freebies is a no-no. Working your way up the ladder is a better option. First and foremost, you should go and check the FAQ and UCGs out. Try to get to know about TPPC. Oh and don’t forget to link your account. Most of the time people ask ‘how can I get better Pokemon’ or ‘how can I get rich’. Most people would reply ‘train, train and train some more!’ However that’s not how you should actually start out. Reason? Well if you train from pure level 150 then it would take quite some time to train even to 1000. So what would be the better option you might ask? There are 2 options which you can choose from to start out and get your first 1k.

1) Maps
There are many people on TC who are collectors. Mewtwos , Absols , Miltanks , Mareep , Growlithes and many more! They can all be found on the maps and many people would give you a 1k for around 800 of a specific Pokemon. According to me, this would be faster then training a Pokemon from 150 to 1000.

2) Baby Tower
What does it take to beat the Baby Tower? Only a roster of level 5 Pokemon. But what would be the profit of beating the Baby Tower? For starters, You can get some cool baby Pokemon. However, the main reason I recommend beating the baby tower is because if you’re lucky you might just win a Budew! And most people pay a 1k for only 4 Budews! Now if you spend an hour in beating the baby tower you would get atleast 2 budews? That means you could get a 1k in around 2 hours!

Now imagine that you’ve played TPPC for around 10 days. You have around 7-8 1ks. Now it’s the time to start the real trading. First of all you should go and try to find someone with a Shiny Slaking set. You can usually get one for around 2k. When you get the set you should go check the ‘Moves Forum’ for the ‘Lavendar Tower Guide’. It usually takes around 10 minutes to win one Giratina. So with your Shiny Slaking set you could win around 6 Giratinas in an hour! Normally 4 Giratinas go for a 1k so that around 3 1ks per hour! However, my suggestion is that you stock up on Giratinas. When you have around 100 trade them. People pay more for bulk amounts of legends, gold and levels.

Now say that you go into someone thread and you see something you like very much. But you don’t know much its worth. Well, don’t just go and offer some small stuff and all. Get to know more about the Pokemon. The ‘What is this Pokemon worth thread’ is a perfect place to get to know how much Pokemon are worth whether you go by the ‘x’ system or by the rarity list. If you just go to any thread and start offering random stuff then you might get ripped off or if your offering way too little, people will just get annoyed and fed up and will think that your just a pest.

That was my guide! Hope you enjoyed reading it and any comments/suggestions will be appreciated!

One Winged Angel
06-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Hmm, I'll try if this actually works. Nice guide anyway.

jayeshsj
06-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Nice guide....thanx

Nucleus
06-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Thx for the feedback ^^

Metorium
07-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Interesting how Budews and Giratinas both go for 1k if you had four of each. I simply train,train,train and train some more. Nice guide!

wolfbane184
07-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Do people actually trade 1k's for budews?

Gimp
07-03-2010, 06:51 PM

4 some reason, I doubt it...

DaC
07-03-2010, 06:58 PM

I think there are a couple of collectors who were trading like an 700-800 per Budew a couple times, but I don't see this consistently D:

DTV
07-03-2010, 09:04 PM
all boldness hurts my eyes -.-

Here's an edit (:

The Official TPPC Newbie Guide

0) Noob Threadz?
When I go to the trades forum, I often see a couple of threads claiming that the person is new to TPPC/TC and would like everyone’s help. In other words this means freebies. Well, when you start TPPC asking for freebies is a no-no. Working your way up the ladder is a better option. First and foremost, you should go and check the FAQ and UCGs out. Try to get to know about TPPC. Oh and don’t forget to link your account. Most of the time people ask ‘how can I get better Pokemon’ or ‘how can I get rich’. Most people would reply ‘train, train and train some more!’ However that’s not how you should actually start out. Reason? Well if you train from pure level 150 then it would take quite some time to train even to 1000. So what would be the better option you might ask? There are 2 options which you can choose from to start out and get your first 1k.

1) Maps
There are many people on TC who are collectors. Mewtwos , Absols , Miltanks , Mareep , Growlithes and many more! They can all be found on the maps and many people would give you a 1k for around 800 of a specific Pokemon. According to me, this would be faster then training a Pokemon from 150 to 1000.

2) Baby Tower
What does it take to beat the Baby Tower? Only a roster of level 5 Pokemon. But what would be the profit of beating the Baby Tower? For starters, You can get some cool baby Pokemon. However, the main reason I recommend beating the baby tower is because if you’re lucky you might just win a Budew! And most people pay a 1k for only 4 Budews! Now if you spend an hour in beating the baby tower you would get atleast 2 budews? That means you could get a 1k in around 2 hours!

Now imagine that you’ve played TPPC for around 10 days.
You have around 7-8 1ks. Now it’s the time to start the real trading. First of all you should go and try to find someone with a Shiny Slaking set. You can usually get one for around 2k. When you get the set you should go check the ‘Moves Forum’ for the ‘Lavendar Tower Guide’. It usually takes around 10 minutes to win one Giratina. So with your Shiny Slaking set you could win around 6 Giratinas in an hour! Normally 4 Giratinas go for a 1k so that around 3 1ks per hour! However, my suggestion is that you stock up on Giratinas. When you have around 100 trade them. People pay more for bulk amounts of legends, gold and levels.

Now say that you go into someone thread and you see something you like very much. But you don’t know much its worth. Well, don’t just go and offer some small stuff and all. Get to know more about the Pokemon. The ‘What is this Pokemon worth thread’ is a perfect place to get to know how much Pokemon are worth whether you go by the ‘x’ system or by the rarity list. If you just go to any thread and start offering random stuff then you might get ripped off or if your offering way too little, people will just get annoyed and fed up and will think that your just a pest.

That was my guide! Hope you enjoyed reading it and any comments/suggestions will be appreciated!

Metorium
07-16-2010, 12:12 PM
You can't win Budews anymore :(

MC 10
08-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Anyone know any collectors that might trade a 1k for something? I really need a 1k and I don't play long enough to train one myself in a short amount of time.