PDA

View Full Version : Hey techies

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Those of you who much more about movie programs then I, can I ask you to help me find a decent priced version of a Sony Vegas movie program. I want to pay for it, freebies are bad. Unless there's one on Megaupload. Which I've already payed for. Thanks for helping me if you so choose to.

Jefff
12-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Hav you checked out student prices? I'm not sure about Sony, but a lot of companies have educational versions, and the only difference if that the license doesn't allow you to use it commercially.

Acrytex
12-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Sony Vegas is the best quality your going to get besides maybe Nero for DVDs

Jefff
12-29-2009, 05:15 PM
What do you need to do? You might not need anything as complicated as Vegas.

Also, why are you only okay with pirating from megaupload?

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-29-2009, 07:01 PM
What do you need to do? You might not need anything as complicated as Vegas.

Also, why are you only okay with pirating from megaupload?

I payed for Megaupload, so it's not pirating far as I'm concerned. Let's just say I make a lot of video's but i for what I have in mind I don't need the most recent version either. I know a lot about what it does from a friend but she payed over 200 USD. I can't afford something like that. Vegas is complicated but it's more or less what i need. Unless you by chance know of a program like it that's cheaper. I really don't have a lot of money after christmas.

Charizard
12-29-2009, 07:50 PM
I payed for Megaupload, so it's not pirating far as I'm concerned. Let's just say I make a lot of video's but i for what I have in mind I don't need the most recent version either. I know a lot about what it does from a friend but she payed over 200 USD. I can't afford something like that. Vegas is complicated but it's more or less what i need. Unless you by chance know of a program like it that's cheaper. I really don't have a lot of money after christmas.
But it IS pirating. Youre paying megaupload for the ability to download from their site, you are not buying the programs.
No portion of what you pay for your subscription goes towards a purchase of the downloaded materials.
Think of it this way. Say I give my friend $50 to get something for me, and he steal it then gives it to me. Did i technically buy the item? nope.

Jefff
12-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh well, piracy or not. Avidemux (http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html) will do basic clipping and stitching together. Wont do animation or that stuff though.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
But it IS pirating. Youre paying megaupload for the ability to download from their site, you are not buying the programs.
No portion of what you pay for your subscription goes towards a purchase of the downloaded materials.
Think of it this way. Say I give my friend $50 to get something for me, and he steal it then gives it to me. Did i technically buy the item? nope.

I didn't ask what you thought about it Charizard. If you don't like it go tell Megaupload.

Jefff
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
…he's just telling you that it is piracy, not "technically" piracy, is piracy whether you're paying for it or not.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
…he's just telling you that it is piracy, not "technically" piracy, is piracy whether you're paying for it or not.

I understand that but I say "if you pay, it's okay."

Fatal
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
you're an idiot.

if someone steals a car and someone else buys it off them, is it okay? by your logic, it quite obviously is.

now, i don't want to hear that you don't care what i think, but your face (and your brain) are flawed.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-31-2009, 03:02 AM
you're an idiot.

if someone steals a car and someone else buys it off them, is it okay? by your logic, it quite obviously is.

now, i don't want to hear that you don't care what i think, but your face (and your brain) are flawed.

Assuming is so funny. Just because I said if you pay it's okay and didn't wrap it up in a nice little package with a nice letter and pretty bows doesn't mean that I think everything's okay. Before you reply with something like "well that's basically what your doing" don't, because it's not. You made an extreme example of the same thing that has a complete and different set of ethic's behind it. You can lie and say you've never done anything like free downloading but unless you can prove it you are just saying words.
By the way, how is my face flawed? I just want to know.

You are right about ome thing though, my brain is falwed. Ever heard of mental defects before? I have two. Wouldn't know it would you? So yeah it;s flawed but I'd like to see fix a flaw to the point where it looks like you don't have it since you can't get rid of it. Let's me tell, it's not easy. Took me almost 13 years. Fatal, you should watch what you say to who because you may press a button that will tick someone off because it's right. And that's pretty messed up. I'm actually being pretty clam about it but most people will be a lot more upset about it then I am and even if you don't care that doesn't make it alright.

And oh by the way, I don't really care what you think of me. I just want you to know what I think.

Fatal
12-31-2009, 04:14 AM
as far as I cared to read, you said "I understand that but I say "if you pay, it's okay.""

i contradicted that with an example of my own.

your first part aside, we move on to the second. i apologize for the remark, it was inappropriate and i realize some things said can really offend some more than others yo moma jokes, anyone?. i'm trying really hard to make this not sound hella cliché ömg im srry i didnt know plz forgiv me, so let's just leave it at that.

And oh by the way, I don't really care what you think of me. I just want you to know what I think.well played.

Black Belt Crono
12-31-2009, 10:11 PM
I've heard of one called Camtasia Studio something like that...

Ichigo Uzumaki
01-01-2010, 03:38 AM
as far as I cared to read, you said "I understand that but I say "if you pay, it's okay.""

i contradicted that with an example of my own.

your first part aside, we move on to the second. i apologize for the remark, it was inappropriate and i realize some things said can really offend some more than others yo moma jokes, anyone?. i'm trying really hard to make this not sound hella cliché ömg im srry i didnt know plz forgiv me, so let's just leave it at that.

well played.

Yeah, I'm good like that.