PDA

View Full Version : Story Contest :)

Golden Money
12-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm Bored . I want to read a good story . It can be about anything No Plagiarism though . Umm the prize is Psyduck♀ - Level: 4 and ShinyFroslass♀ - Level: 306 So Go GO GO . It ends December 31 12:00 TPPC Time .

Superman
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
DISCLAIMER: The following is a fictional story.

Bright rays of sunlight streamed through the sleek openings of my ragged window curtains.
Morning.
I mustered up all the energy I could and groggily stumbled out of bed.
A loud groan.
I pulled the curtains open and let the sunlight pour into the depths of my room.
It was bright.
I felt the soothing warm radiance shining down on my cheeks, yet I felt nothing simultaneously.
Could not even the sun warm my spirits?
Just another day.
But not a day goes by that I don’t remind myself…
The vivid scene plays itself out in my head.
Block it out, block it out.
Think happy thoughts.
No good.
My attempts are futile.
The images rush forth in an instant.
My mind was, in a sense, replaying a movie.
And a horrid one at that.
Flashback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie and I were the best of friends. We were unbelievably close. I not only considered him my closest friend, but as an older brother.
A soul brother.
We developed the most powerful of bonds as we grew together.
My soul brother.
[Platonic love, much?]
He was my only childhood friend, for I was different than the other kids.
Straight-out different.
Maybe that’s why the others always picked on me.
But not him.
Not Charlie.
Charlie never cared.
He accepted me for who I was.
Whenever other kids bashed on me, he was there to back me up. Whenever other kids pushed me around, he stood up for me. Whenever I was the least bit sad, he was there to bring a smile to my face.
He was always there…
Too bad I couldn’t be for him.

It was the summer of ’08.
A summer I would never forget. A summer that would bring memories that would forever sear my brain, my thoughts.
An ordinary summer day.
Who would’ve thought?
A phone call.
Charlie’s mother.
I could hardly make anything out. Her shaking voice was drowned out by the sounds of her heart-wrenching sobs.
What could be wrong?
“M-my…dear Charlie…passed away this morning,” she stammered. “I just thought…you should know.”
Just then, I lost connection.
A droning beep.

No.
Is this a prank?
Because it sure isn’t funny.
At that point, I had been overcome with shock. I found it difficult to take in.

The past few months I had been informed that he had been diagnosed with leukemia.
Cancer.
It couldn’t be that serious.
I kept telling that to myself.
Charlie would recover.
He would bounce right back up and be the perky, lively person that he always had been.
Consoling my conscience.
He would get better.
Those few months I had broken off total connection with him.
I couldn’t bring myself to see his frail, limp body in the hospital.
I would wait until things turned back to normal.
Little did I know.

I was selfish.
Not once during his stay in the hospital did I visit him. I later learned that he asked his parents as to my whereabouts everyday. He longed to see me, to talk to me.
In all honesty, I did want to comfort him.
I wanted to march to his room, grab hold of him and tell him that everything would be okay.
But I didn’t.
I couldn’t.
I was a coward.
Because…what if everything wouldn’t be okay?
What if things turned out for the worse?
What could the most comforting of words do to change that fate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heaved a big sigh.
Here come the tears. The waterworks.
I was only too used to accustomed bursts of uncontrollable weeping nowadays.
To my surprise, nothing came out.
The pain in my conscience, in my heart.
It was too much.
Too much to the point that I can’t even bring myself to crying?
No..
I have to do something.
Even if it’s too late.

I slipped on a pair of worn-out sandals and burst through my apartment door.
Too little, too late.
But it’s never too late, I’ve always been told.
I sprinted down the sidewalks, ran into the streets, and dodged countless speeding cars.
I can do this.
I can do it this time.

Not long after did I come to my destination.
The local cemetery.
I inhaled a deep breath and walked in.
Gravestones surrounding me.
An eerie mist about the air.
Shadows.

I searched aimlessly for an hour before arriving at his grave.
Charlie…
I didn’t know where to begin.
But…I would improvise. I muttered a few prayers and began with my speech.

“Charlie, I hope you can hear me. I know that…my presence right now may irk you. I’m sorry that I wasn’t there for you before. I was…scared. But more importantly, I was scared for me. I should have put you before myself. You’re my best friend, after all. And you always will be. No matter where you are. No matter how far apart we are. I’ll visit you often. It can be just like before.”

I fought hard to hold back the tears.

“I know what you needed most back then, and I’m deeply remorseful that I couldn’t give it to you. I’m sorry that I couldn’t lend you that helping hand, or provide you with that tiny glimmer of hope. I hope you understand that my actions weren’t intentional. I hope you can understand me, and forgive me for my wrongdoings. If you could just…give me some sign that you accept my apology…”

Silly me. How could that be possible?
I wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks.

“I guess this is good-bye for now, Charlie.”

As I stood up, I felt droplets of rain coming down on my head. I tilted my head up to find a dim rainbow spectrum spread across the sky.
Even when he's gone, he still manages to bring a smile to my face.

“Thank you, Charlie,” I whispered.

Only now.
Only now do I realize how helpful a comforting voice would have been at the time.
Some words of encouragement from a dear friend.
Just knowing that he had people who supported and cared for him.
Especially his closest friend.

That might have fueled his hope.
Hope.
Which might have helped his struggle.
Hope.
Which might brightened the seemingly dismal future ahead of him.
Hope.

Hope is what will guide everyone through their hardships, regardless of any situation. We are human beings. Our emotions and feelings drive our spirits going. Keep your hope alive, and to those around you as well in the worst of times. Let them know that they’re not alone in this cold, forbidding world.

Because that is what will guide them through.

It always has.

--Superman.

Superman
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Same entry for Unown's contest, but it's a story either way, eh? :/

Gengarse
12-28-2009, 09:25 PM
There were three dudes on a hiking trip.They were dave,charles,and marion. They all packed up their stuff and went on their way. When they got there they noticed that Dave wasnt there.They waited forever until they finally just left.They walked into the woods and saw blood trickles on the ground! They look at the tree in front of them and see Dave hung on a rope.They tryed to run away but it was too late.SLLLLLLLIIIICCCCCCCCEEE!

Golden Money
12-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I like bothe of them its going to be harrd to choose

X-tra
12-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Dang i have to say, lol that supermans is REALLY long :P

error
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
i am in my high school and i am standing next to a 6th grader.he says read my shirt out loud. it says you are stupid.i dont know why he would do that to me though. turns out just a few moments later i protected him from getting a beatin.the days over as usual.well see ya later bro!

bloodfeastislandboy
12-28-2009, 09:54 PM
this is a beep story

beep beep chicken beep beep chicken talkin' to Kaleb roun' the corner now

Sakura
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
There were three friends they were called kobe, hiro and puggy ~did not think of the first three people i can think of from this rpg~
One day they decided to go to Vegas XD and decided to run there cause they lived 2 blocks away. Then when they got to the hotel the hotel manager was like okay i have your key and your room is on the 100th floor and our elevator is broken =,( so you have to wait till we get it fixed or go up the stairs.
The three friends were like hmmmm i'm really tired from all that running so let's take the stairs so they started going up the long 100 floors of stairs. After the first 25 they got super freaking tired and were like ugh i'll never make it unless we have something to do. Now all three of them had a special talent Kobe could sing, Hiro could tell jokes and Puggy could tell sad stories so they each agreed to do their thing for 25 floors each. Kobe started first and started scaring everyone by singing you belong with me D= then finally after 25 dreadful floors it was hiro's turn and he told random jokes taht made people lol. Then when it was Puggy's turn for the last 25 floors he was like The saddest story of all is we left our room key in the lobby hall.

XD true story of my cousin XD

Gengarse
12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Lol i want to win but Sakuras is ha ha lol i def lolz at it

Gengarse
12-28-2009, 10:29 PM
kk lolz

litld
12-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Pudding!!!!

THE END.

Dinushika
12-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Not a true story.

The telephone rang. I picked it up. It was my friend, Ben's father. He whispered something through the telephone. I was flabbergasted that I nearly dropped the phone. The news was horrible. So horrible that I did not understand the last sentence he uttered as I was thinking of the first. Ben had had received Colon cancer!
I told these dreadful news to my father. Then I told him that Ben had been hospitalised and that we should visit Ben immediately with my mother. As we got into the car and rode to the Nawaloka hospital, I kept on thinking about what Ben's father had said. Then I received various thoughts in my head. I had first met Ben in the upper nursery of my school. He was the first friend that I ever made in school. We used to share various sorts of stationary in school and always sat together. During the interval, we either played together or talked about various incidents that took place in our lives. We related both the happy things and sad things we met with in our lives. The day when all our parents met and got to know each other was very exciting. We were very happy. We even played with each other at home because our houses were only a considerable distance apart.
"Those were the days!" I murmured to myself and thought that it would be the end of those golden days.
As we reached the hospital, we walked with quick steps, impatiently and were directed to Ben's ward. As we went inside, we saw Ben with his parents who looked extremely sad. Ben was sleeping under some white blankets but woke up immediately on hearing our footsteps. I saw Ben smile at me happily and we all talked about how he received Colorectorial cancer. The reply from his parents was that Ben had taken too much red meat, and had stayed physically inactive like a couch potato playing computer games. There, I felt it! I excused myself, ran outside and cried and cried. I received a flashback about Ben asking me to play with him outside my house. Instead of playing badminton with him (which is what we always play) I introduced him to an addictive computer game which we played for a while. Little did I know the effects of this on Ben that he bought the same game from a shop and played it for hours continuosly after his exams were over. I had tried to play with him after this, but he had always told me that he enjoyed the game more than he enjoyed sports. So he and I stopped playing outside and played with our computers together. As I understood that it was I who had been partly responsible for Ben's cancer, I felt the heat like I was burning to bits.
I went inside, wiping away my tears when the doctor arrived and said that the polyp which caused this could not be removed woth ease, therefore he had to switch to removing a part of Ben's colon which he said was to give Ben only a chance of survival of 50% as if the operation failed, his life would be in danger. With these news, the entire room became quiet. I saw Ben's parents trying to hide their tears. I ran outside again saying to myself that I should somehow cure Ben even if I did not know surgery or much about Colorectorial cancer. The first thing I did was posted a topic on yahoo answers on what Ben should do to get it cured. After one day, the generous people had posted various answers. Almost everyone had told me to get the operation done as Ben would die without it anyway and one answer showed me that the survival rate of this operation had recently increased to 65% and that glorious person had given me the telephone number of a surgeon who was an expert on this type of cancer. I went and gave this information to Ben's doctor who called the expert and got to know about the operation in detail. He told me,
"Intelligent child, this is the only thing to do. But there is one problem. Ben must be willing to do this life risking operation."
My answer to the doctor was that I would persuade Ben to get the operation done and I ran off. I was happy that I had found out something for a cure and spoke the idea to my parents, Ben's parents and Ben.
It was easy to persuade Ben's parents and mine with the idea that it was a chance of either Do or Die for Ben, but Ben was a little stubborn and simply refused saying that he was too scared and that he would die in a chance of 35% if the operation was not successful. I gave Ben hope and optimism. Even when he refused to believe in hope, I did not give up, nor did the adults. We all put into Ben's head the idea of surviving with not only luck, but through hope and willpower. We reminded him of his dreams and ambition to become a civil engineer which he should not let down in his life. I also reminded him of his vow to make his parents happy. After many more persuasions, he finally agreed to get the operation done. As Ben was taken to be operated, we wished him the best of luck with tears in our eyes. After a dreaded hour or so, Ben's doctor came uot of the room. He suddenly smiled and said,
"This boy will live after all!"
I could not imagine how happy we were- we laughed with relief and cried with joy.
When Ben regained consciousness, he managed to blurt out,
"Thank you, Dinushika. You are a true friend"
Then I said,
"No, it was not my doing alone. It was your willpower and hope that made you survive. Without it, all my efforts would have been wasted," I replied.
His parents hugged him and my parents congratulated me. Then my parents and I advised him to resume playing when he was better and eat less fatty foods. His parents cried with joy again, thanking me from the bottom of their hearts. After this episode, I returned home as happy as a lark thinking that those golden days were going to continue after all!

lionclaw753
12-29-2009, 05:18 AM
OK this is a fake story.

There is a criminal on a plane and he has 3 weapons.
They are a gun,knife and a gun.
He accidentally drop all the three weapons and accidentally fires the bullet from the gun.
The weapons all drop from the plane.
There are 3 houses just below the plane.
All the 3 houses have no roof.(lol)
In the first house the bullet hits the mother.
The child starts crying.
When the dad comes home he asks the child why he is crying and the child replies,
"mom got hit by a bullet and she died."
The same thing happens in the second house but it happens with the knife.
In the third house the bomb falls and explodes.
Fortunately both the child and mother get saved.
The child starts laughing.
When the father comes home he asks the child why he is laughing and the child replies,
"Mom farted and the house blew up!"
The mom,dad and child then live happily ever after!
THE END

Hope You Enjoyed!

PS. I Really need that lvl 300+ please im new my highest lvl is a lvl 180 mewtwo lol