PDA

View Full Version : The Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

h83r
12-14-2009, 02:04 AM
When the original Boondock Saints came out in 1999, it wasn’t really critically praised, however like with so many other movies, the Boondock Saints gained an immense cult following that grows by the day. And when director Troy Duffy finally announced that he was working on a sequel, that same cult following went absolutely ecstatic.
I was part of the camp that couldn’t wait for the sequel, and after anticipating it for so long, what was delivered was nowhere near the quality of its predecessor. While the sequel does carry the same cast that helped the first one be so memorable, it just doesn’t have the same charm the original possessed. The original Boondock Saints knew how to balance between the serious action-oriented sequences and the comic relief scenes between the two brothers and their friend, Rocco.
All Saints Day on the other hand, felt like it was trying a bit too hard to be both a hardcore action flick while also trying to get laughs from the audience on every step of the way. Because of that, it felt like the movie didn’t know exactly what it wanted to be. As the movie went on, the racial slurs became more and more ridiculous while the action sequences became more and more outrageous, and unfortunately, not in a good way.
And by the time the end of the movie rolled by, I couldn’t help but think to myself, “I should’ve just watched the original Boondock Saints”.

What do the others that have seen this movie think of the sequel? Do you like it more than the original? Lass than it?

killEr
12-14-2009, 04:05 AM
the first one is one of THE best movies ever
i havnt seen the 2nd one yet, i wanna but afraid that its gonna suck cause all sequals that come out hella days later suck, its cool how it has orginal cast tho, when i watch ill post back here and let u know how i rate it

Jawa
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
I haven't seen it. But I have seen the first one and I liked it.

Edit "Lass" than it. ;)

SangoLove
12-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Lol are the Boondocks even appropriate for TPPC? D: