PDA

View Full Version : This may be hard but...

s09l
12-27-2009, 03:10 PM
being an online game, would it be possible to make trainers battle each other much like the old gameboy version which required linking two people?
this way we wouldnt simply be playing against computer generated moves, actual people would get to choose what moves they would do in different situations

it seems something like this may require flash however or some more advanced programming?

Kaibamanjrs
12-27-2009, 03:55 PM
being an online game, would it be possible to make trainers battle each other much like the old gameboy version which required linking two people?
this way we wouldnt simply be playing against computer generated moves, actual people would get to choose what moves they would do in different situations

it seems something like this may require flash however or some more advanced programming?

in the past this type of suggestion has been turned down, but it could be possible but would only be practical if the moves were fixed

Cody the Master
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM

Shrimpy's host specifically told him NOT to do real-time battles. Sorry, but this isn't gonna happen. D:

Shadow
12-27-2009, 04:01 PM
It was part of the old "Impossible Ideas" thread. If those ideas are still impossible, then this can't happen.

Kaibamanjrs
12-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Shrimpy's host specifically told him NOT to do real-time battles. Sorry, but this isn't gonna happen. D:

Shrimpy could do with a new host. dedicated servers plox?

Cody the Master
12-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Shrimpy could do with a new host. dedicated servers plox?

Assuming he can pay for one, that is. I'd say he could take donations for a new server but apparently it would be illegal to profit off of a Pokemon game. Copyright issues and all that. D:

Kaibamanjrs
12-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Assuming he can pay for one, that is. I'd say he could take donations for a new server but apparently it would be illegal to profit off of a Pokemon game. Copyright issues and all that. D:

donations != profit. He takes advertisements, donations would be along the same line.

I say he signs up for cpalead, has us fill out surveys till he gets enough money to host the server for a year or two, and then gets a server. (even without realtime fighting)

Mercenario GX
12-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Not gonna happen.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
donations != profit. He takes advertisements, donations would be along the same line.

I say he signs up for cpalead, has us fill out surveys till he gets enough money to host the server for a year or two, and then gets a server. (even without realtime fighting)

The advertisments are from GNA who hosts these servers. Shrimpy doesn't get anything from them, GNA does.

Kaibamanjrs
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
The advertisments are from GNA who hosts these servers. Shrimpy doesn't get anything from them, GNA does.

Got a source on this?

and either way, someone is profiting.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Got a source on this?

and either way, someone is profiting.

If I have to explain it any further to you it's clear you don't know how the game is run or how it works. If you don't believe me ask staff. There's a reason why Shrimpy has no control over the advertisments.

Kaibamanjrs
12-27-2009, 10:36 PM
If I have to explain it any further to you it's clear you don't know how the game is run or how it works. If you don't believe me ask staff. There's a reason why Shrimpy has no control over the advertisments.

Please explain it further.

GiratinaGod
12-28-2009, 01:39 AM

Not gonna happen.

Ichigo Uzumaki
12-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Please explain it further.

If your that clueless there's no point, I already can tell you won't believe what I say anyways. Because then you'd be wrong and well, people always think their right and won't listen to reason if it makes them wrong. As I said, ask staff, you'll more likely believe them then me anyways and they can probably explain it better.

Kaibamanjrs
12-28-2009, 12:17 PM
If your that clueless there's no point, I already can tell you won't believe what I say anyways. Because then you'd be wrong and well, people always think their right and won't listen to reason if it makes them wrong. As I said, ask staff, you'll more likely believe them then me anyways and they can probably explain it better.
Well, let me see what I can piece together so far.

Shrimpy doesnt pay for hosting directly, instead he has advertisements placed by the host on his webpage. Yes?

Reanimation
12-30-2009, 08:03 AM

Wouldn't be too hard, but it would take hella lot of bandwidth. Not going to happen.

ricardopaulosp
12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
the lag would be unbearable, and that errors would be constants! outside that shrimpy would hardly accept!

goleafsgo80
12-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Live Battles not allowed, sorry.

Kife
01-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Could be possible with today's technology, but that's up to Shrimpy in the end.