PDA

View Full Version : Biggest disappointment?

Absoyena
04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
As in, a movie adaption from a (graphic) novel. Which movie has made you think: well, the books were alot better.

I realize everyone is going to shout Twilight, so I'll just get that out of the way by saying: Let's not all cry Twilight, but think of other movies, mkay?

For me: The Golden Compass ._. SO. incredibly. fail. In comparison to the books.

Hantsuki
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Angels and Demons. If you saw the movie and didn't read the novel, then you would probably really like it. It looked good for a movie without comparing it to the book, but if you read the book, you know they cut so many things out. They did well in the start though until the assassin came in. I expected a tall, dark good-looking guy, not a book nerd. I looked forward to the kidnapping scene too, but they had to cut out all that stuff. : x

04-16-2010, 06:47 PM
every single one of the harry potter films

Absoyena
04-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Angels and Demons. If you saw the movie and didn't read the novel, then you would probably really like it. It looked good for a movie without comparing it to the book, but if you read the book, you know they cut so many things out. They did well in the start though until the assassin came in. I expected a tall, dark good-looking guy, not a book nerd. I looked forward to the kidnapping scene too, but they had to cut out all that stuff. : x

Haha, yeah..I only saw the movie, didn't read the book. Mainly went to see the movie because my girlfriend wanted to see it desperately. Thought it was an amazing movie..xD.

But the thing about adaptations is usually that they give you one picture of the characters in a book, while the book itself leaves that open to interpretation.

Elixer
04-16-2010, 07:38 PM

Only Prisoner of Azkaban's movie was bad.

bolofoo
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
The lighting thief. If you had read the book like I did you would probably think that the movie sucks. I thin that it was a disappointment because it just barely followed the plot line and cut off many important spots like the bits with Kronos, and I think Luke died in the end.

pokemon87411
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM

this exept for number 1

Jefff
04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I've just given up on going to a movie expecting it to be like the book.

Shadowmire
04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Angels and Demons. If you saw the movie and didn't read the novel, then you would probably really like it.

Yeah, I had never read the book, but I thought the film was great. I should probably check the book out.

Only one book I've read has ever been made into a film adaptation, and I found it entertaining, so... I suppose I have no real response.

LooN A TicK
04-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Dunno if this can count since it's a comic but...

Spiderman 2 and 3
Hulk
Fantastic 4 - 1 and 2

Despair From the Dark
04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
It(by Stephen King) and every Harry Potter movie.

Absoyena
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Dunno if this can count since it's a comic but...

Spiderman 2 and 3
Hulk
Fantastic 4 - 1 and 2

Sure, it counts o.o. Thought comics were a kind of Graphic Novel >>?

NobleVillian
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I hate Twilight, period. Books, movies, all of it. Bleh

Saying that, I'll probably sayyyyy any of the Spiderman movies. Tobey is just not a good Spiderman, and that in itself ruined the movie for me.

Ssgoku
04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Dragon Ball Evolution.

Sienkronieze
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
The lighting thief. If you had read the book like I did you would probably think that the movie sucks. I thin that it was a disappointment because it just barely followed the plot line and cut off many important spots like the bits with Kronos, and I think Luke died in the end.

In the end of the fifth book.

:)

Level 3
04-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Dragon Ball Evolution.
didn't even bother watching that, live action DBZ CAN NOT work.

RageOfTheDragons
04-22-2010, 01:40 PM
didn't even bother watching that, live action DBZ CAN NOT work.

cheers on that.
-twilight fail

f00sh
04-22-2010, 02:12 PM
It(by Stephen King)

I sat here for awhile trying to think of a good one since everyone is naming garbage books with garbage movies, I wanted to bring up one that actually applied and this absolutely nails it.

IT (The Book) was absolutely awesome and gruesome. The movie seemed so toned down, I could see children watching it an enjoying it.

It's not really a terrible movie, but the book is so horrific it is great and the movie is like child's play in comparison.

Absoyena
04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Hm, also I think that "Dreamcatcher" by Stephen King was adapted so-so, but the ending was completely bogus ._. Duddits being an alien? Wth.

Navy Sister
05-08-2010, 06:13 PM
i don't know if this counts so the Vampire Diaries book series is better then the show

Ichigo Uzumaki
05-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Prince Caspian. That has got to be the most inaccurate movie ever.

neverone
05-08-2010, 11:44 PM
practically every stephen king movie. especially the stand. i hated the made for tv piece of junk that's only good for a drink coaster. the h***raiser films are far worse. never is he called pinhead evah. it's not even 200 pages long....