PDA

View Full Version : Unown Tower Guide - The tower, Phase 1 and Phase 2

Ssgoku
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Just reposting my guide. :)

In this guide, I will show you how to defeat the Unown Tower, Phase 1 and Phase 2. Items needed are Leftovers, X Accuracy and Twilight Orb/Rod (I explain how to get the latter below). Leftovers can be obtained by catching Spheals from Magic Mountain. X Accuracys can obtained by catching Kecleon from The Cleft.

Unown Tower - Prize: Rare Metal

This part is very easy with the right Pokemon and moves.

All you need is a high-leveled S/D/G Dragonite. I used Dark Dragonite and Golden Dragonite 2499 and they pwn against the Unown Tower. You can use a Golden Dragonite and Shiny Dragonite at anytime of the day as their stats increase by 15 and 5 at all times, respectively. However if you chose to use a Dark Dragonite, use it only at night (after 6 pm), otherwise you won't get far. You also need to attach Leftovers to your S/D/G Dragonite.

Moves:
Megahorn
Gigadrain
Extremespeed

Megahorn is super-effective against Unowns and can deafeat them in 2-3 hits. I recommend using Giga drain when you lose around 25% of your HP because Giga Drain is not very effective so you won't regain health very quickly. Extremespeed is used to finish off Unowns with little health. Although Dragonites are faster then Unowns and you can use Megahorn and Exremespeed to defeat them, Megahorn only has 85% accuracy while Extremespeed has 100% accuracy.

TIP: Don't get carried away with Megahorn, you can lose a lot of health and it will take a while to get your HP back when they keep using Psychic, Rockslide, Ice beam and/or Hyper beam.

So your roster should be something like this;

1. S/D/G Dragonite
Item: Leftovers
Moves: MEgahorn
Gigadrain
Extremespeed
-Filler-*

2-6. Any Pokemon with an equal or lower level than Dragonite.

*Filler = Any move, it will not be used.

"For winning this battle, you've received a(n) Rare Metal!
Rare Metal has been added to your items list!"

After the long battle, you will win a Rare Metal! Congratz, but they're useless unless you get 6 or 12 of them. You need 12 Rare Metals in total (6 each) to get Twilight Orb/Rod. Once you have at least 6 Rare Metals, scroll down to either Unown Tower Phase 1 or Unown Tower Phase 2.

Unown Tower - Phase 1 - Prize: Latias

So you beat the Unown Tower at least 6 times. Good for you :) Now for a much harder part. Phase 1 is the phase where you need Twilight Orb. In order to get Twilight Orb you need to have a Fire type first in your roster. You can use something like a Charmander. Once you have your Fire type, attach Rare Metal to all of the Pokemon in your roster. Then go to the Evolution Gym and defeat Evolva's Eevee. Your Rare Metals should merge into a Twilight Orb and you will get a message similar to this:

"Congratulations! Your Entei was able to combine the 6 pieces of Rare Metal into the Twilight Orb! Now to find out what it can be used for..."

Detach it from your fire type.

You will only need to defeat 6 Pokemon. Sounds easy, but it isn't. This is the list of opponents:

UnownZ
Shiny Rayquaza
Dark Latios
Dark Latias
Shiny Ho-oh
Shiny Groudon

The Pokemon (and moveset) you need are.

1. S/D/G Dragonite 1k+
Item: Twilight Orb
Moves:
Megahorn
Icebeam
Extremspeed
Fly/Dig

2. Shiny/Dark Swampert 1k+
Moves:
Seismictoss
Toxic
Extremespeed
Fly/Dig

3. Shiny/Dark Swampert 1k+
Moves:
Seismictoss
Toxic
Extremespeed
Fly/Dig

4. Shiny/Dark Swampert 1k+
Item: X Accuracy
Moves:
Rockslide
Seismictoss/Toxic
Extremspeed
Fly/Dig

5. Spiritomb/Any ghost type - Any level
Moves:
Toxic
Fly/Dig
Extremespeed
-Filler-

6. Spiritomb/Any ghost type - Any level
Moves:
Toxic
Fly/Dig
Extremespeed
-Filler-

I prefer Dig over Fly as it has 100% accuracy. For Pokemon number 4, you can use Seismictoss if your first 2 Swamperts die before you beat DarkLatios and DarkLatias. Extremespeed is needed to defeat the opponent if they have little HP left, without losing health.

I won with both a 1k set (replaced Dragonite with Swampert) and a 2.5k set and the 2.5k works much better. I get to Shiny Groudon more often with the 2.5k set. It will cost a lot more though.

My set was:

GoldenDragonite F - Level: 2501
DarkSwampert M - Level: 2501
ShinySwampert M - Level: 2501
ShinySwampert M - Level: 2501
Spiritomb F - Level: 238
Spiritomb F - Level: 5

Now the strategy:

1. UnownZ

- With your S/D/G Dragonite, use Megahorn until it faints. It should only take around 2 turns. If you lost ~35% of your health, I suggest restarting because Rayquaza can make you lose a lot of HP.

2. Shiny Rayquaza

- Use the same Pokemon and use Icebeam until it faints. If you die here then restart. If Shiny Rayquaza has a little bit of HP left, use Extremespeed to finish it off.

3. Dark Latios

- Switch to your 1st S/D Swampert and use Seismictoss until it faints. It should only take about 4 turns, if it has a little bit of health left, use Extremespeed.

4. Dark Latias

- Switch to your 2nd S/D Swampert and use Seismictoss again until it faints. Like before, it should only take about 4 turns, if it has a little bit of health left, use Extremespeed.

5. Shiny Ho-oh

- Switch to your last S/D Swampert and use Rockslide until it faints. Sometimes your S/D Swampert will lose, so switch to 1 of the 2 remaining S/D Swamperts with the most HP and use Seismictoss and Extremespeed, or just Extremespeed if Shiny Ho-oh has low health.

6. Shiny Groudon

- This is the hardest part of the battle and this is why it will take many tries to get Latias. Switch to one of your Spiritombs and use toxic. If your Spiritomb dies, switch to your second one and keep trying with the 1st and 2nd S/D Swampert (+ 3rd if you put Toxic instead of Seismictoss). If all the Pokemon with Toxic die, restart. There's no way to win. However, If it didn't die, keep using Dig/Fly.

After beating this hard battle you will get this message;

"For winning this battle, you've received a(n) Latias!
Latias has been added to your box!"

Congratulaions! On to Phase 2.

Unown Tower Phase 2 - Prize: Latios

To unlock Phase 2 you will need Twilight Rod. In order to get a Twilight Rod you need 6 Rare Metals. If you didn't get 12 the first time around, get another 6.

After getting 6 Rare Metals, you need to have a Steel type first in your roster. You can use something like a Aron/evo. Once you have your Steel type, attach Rare Metal to all of the Pokemon in your roster. Then go to the Evolution Gym and defeat Evolva's Eevee. Your Rare Metals should merge into a Twilight Rod and you should get a message similar to this:

Congratulations! Your Aggron was able to combine the 6 pieces of Rare Metal into the Twilight Rod! Now to find out what it can be used for...

Detach it from your Steel type.

You have almost have same opponent, except the last 2 Pokemon are different.

UnownZ
Shiny Rayquaza
Dark Latios
Dark Latias
Shiny Lugia*
Shiny Kyogre*

*There's Shiny Lugia and Shiny Kyogre instead of Shiny Ho-oh and Shiny Groudon.

For Phase 2, you need to change the moveset of a Pokemon a bit for Shiny Lugia.

For Pokemon #4 of your roster (your 3rd S/D Swampert):

Old Moveset:
Rockslide
Seismictoss/Toxic
Extremespeed
Dig/Fly

New Moveset:
Seismictoss
Toxic
Extremespeed
Dig/Fly

We don't need Rockslide for Shiny Lugia as it doesn't do much damage to it.

Not much changes in the roster. Like I said before, the higher the level, the easier it is, you'll get to Shiny Kyogre more often.

Set:

1. S/D/G Dragonite 1k+
Item: Twilight Rod
Moves:
Megahorn
Icebeam
Extremspeed
Fly/Dig

2. Shiny/Dark Swampert 1k+
Moves:
Seismictoss
Toxic
Extremespeed
Fly/Dig

3. Shiny/Dark Swampert 1k+
Moves:
Seismictoss
Toxic
Extremespeed
Fly/Dig

4. Shiny/Dark Swampert 1k+
Moves:
Seismictoss
Toxic
Extremespeed
Fly/Dig

5. Spiritomb/Any ghost type - Any level
Moves:
Toxic
Fly/Dig
Extremespeed
-Filler-

6. Spiritomb/Any ghost type - Any level
Moves:
Toxic
Fly/Dig
Extremespeed
-Filler-

Strategy:

1. UnownZ

- With your S/D/G Dragonite, use Megahorn until it faints. It should only take around 2 turns. If you lost ~35% of your health, I suggest restarting because Rayquaza can make you lose a lot of HP.

2. Shiny Rayquaza

- Use the same Pokemon and use Icebeam until it faints. If you dies here then restart. If it has a little bit of HP left, use Extremespeed to finish it off.

3. Dark Latios

- Switch to your 1st S/D Swampert and use Seismictoss until it faints. It should only take about 4 turns, if it has a little bit of health left, use Extremespeed.

4. Dark Latias

- Switch to your 2nd S/D Swampert and use Seismictoss again until it faints. Like before, it should only take about 4 turns, if it has a little bit of health left, use Extremespeed.

5. Shiny Lugia

- Switch to your last S/D Swampert and use Seimictoss again :P, until it faints. It takes about 5 turns.

6. Shiny Kyogre

- This is the hardest part of this battle and again, it will take many tries to get Latios. Switch to one of your Spiritombs and use Toxic. If your Spiritomb dies, switch to your second one and keep trying to poison Shiny Kyogre with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd S/D Swampert. If all the Pokemon with Toxic die, restart. There's no way to win. However, If it didn't die, keep using Dig/Fly.

Once you defeat Shiny Kyogre, you will get this message:

"For winning this battle, you've received a(n) Latios!
Latios has been added to your box!"

Congratulations! Hopefully with these guides you will get a Lati@s set!

Thanks for reading my guide.

Credits
- Me for making the guide
- Paradox - I found out how to beat it thanks to his guide, but my guide has changes.
- Shrimpy for making the RPG :D
- Mods for keeping forums and RPG clean and great :D

Artemis Huntress
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
BTW there is already a guide for the Unown Tower, viewable in the UGC

Verb
12-13-2009, 06:22 PM
The guide is great, but it is proved that Swamperts are better than Dragonites as they can resist more attacks. Although it is your guide though.

Ssgoku
12-13-2009, 06:38 PM
BTW there is already a guide for the Unown Tower, viewable in the UGC
Mine's different...

The guide is great, but it is proved that Swamperts are better than Dragonites as they can resist more attacks. Although it is your guide though.

Thanks and I know, but I didn't have another 2.5k S/D Swampert and you can use the Dragonite you used from the Tower.

Verb
12-13-2009, 06:44 PM
In my opinion, Dragonites are strong, but very low in defense.

Ssgoku
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, Shiny Rayquaza can get annoying. :/

goleafsgo80
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
should I be able to win with a lvl 2256 dark dragonite alone for the 1st part of the unknown tower with ease???

Ssgoku
12-14-2009, 07:54 PM
If you are talking about the normal Unown Tower, I would say yes, but make sure the rest of the pokes on your team is a lower level than your Dragonite.

coolgirl
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice guide, I'll try it as soon as i can afford a set.

Ssgoku
12-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks.

I should have posted it in the Helps section than the Moves section on the old forums. More feedback. XD