PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Day Care

Cowpie
03-06-2010, 08:04 PM
As we all know, in gold, silver, and crystal, there was the option to leave your pokemon in the daycare where it would level up for a certain amount of money. I propose that this service be implemented into the game in the following way: for every dollar you pay, an experience point can be added to a pokemon of your choice. For instance, if I had one million dollars, I could pay for one million experience points to be added to my starter.

Alrak
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I think that would make it really easy to level Pokemon up. o_O;

Portal
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Ah... One of my first ideas....

Brings back memories...

Cowpie
03-06-2010, 08:07 PM
I think that would make it really easy to level Pokemon up. o_O;

even at max money that only brings a level 5 to level 1250. Max money takes a long time to get anyway

Shiny Metagross
03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Meh likes this. This could also be used for a new breeding system. The current one is too easy. :hmm: Essentially we would sacrifice breeding's over-use to give money some more value. This might stimulate the buy/ sell page too...
10/10

Cowpie
03-07-2010, 01:23 AM
thanks for the feedback guys

TypeOh
03-07-2010, 01:28 AM
I really like this idea, actually. Make money useful for something other than swaps (and buying I suppose, but I've never actually done it myself).

Cowpie
03-07-2010, 01:42 AM
I really like this idea, actually. Make money useful for something other than swaps (and buying I suppose, but I've never actually done it myself).

agreed. Thanks for the input.

Cody the Master
03-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Considering how quickly people can get max money, something like this would ruin the value of a 2499 like nothing else would.

Maybe if it was one experience point per thousand dollars...

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-07-2010, 01:56 AM
You know, I was opposed to it last time I saw this idea but I don't think it would be bad thing. Only condition is that i think you should only be able to keep a pokemon in their for a 24 hour period and that the exp it gets is based arounf the exp you get from training that day. And if you don't train that day well, anyway doing it by money would be to easy though cause most people have max and it actually is easy to get with the right item attached.

Cowpie
03-07-2010, 02:03 AM
You know, I was opposed to it last time I saw this idea but I don't think it would be bad thing. Only condition is that i think you should only be able to keep a pokemon in their for a 24 hour period and that the exp it gets is based arounf the exp you get from training that day. And if you don't train that day well, anyway doing it by money would be to easy though cause most people have max and it actually is easy to get with the right item attached.

A valid point. It definitely needs some adjusting. Let me say this about ruining the value of a 2499 though- at full money, the prospect would raise a level 5 to just short of a level 1300. It would take a mere seven times for it to raise a pokemon to 2499. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that people get max money from selling pokemon, not from battling (battling even with amulet coin takes a while). If such is the case, I think the problem is with the amount of money that some of these pokemon are allowed to sell for. Just by selling two level 590s a person can get max money, and two 590s can be easily created in one day.

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-07-2010, 02:16 AM
A valid point. It definitely needs some adjusting. Let me say this about ruining the value of a 2499 though- at full money, the prospect would raise a level 5 to just short of a level 1300. It would take a mere seven times for it to raise a pokemon to 2499. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that people get max money from selling pokemon, not from battling (battling even with amulet coin takes a while). If such is the case, I think the problem is with the amount of money that some of these pokemon are allowed to sell for. Just by selling two level 590s a person can get max money, and two 590s can be easily created in one day.

True enough. All the more reason why it should a pokemon should on;y be leveled by your exp, not your money.

Nucleus
03-07-2010, 05:18 AM

But Theres A Very Little Chance That A Person Would Waste So Much Money To Buy A Level 590..

Ichigo Uzumaki
03-07-2010, 05:34 AM
But Theres A Very Little Chance That A Person Would Waste So Much Money To Buy A Level 590..

You could still get at least a foruth of max money by the time someone did buy it though.

ricardopaulosp
03-07-2010, 07:59 AM
hmm, it would be nice ...
8/10

Sublimestorm
03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
I like it 10/10

garciawr2
03-07-2010, 08:15 AM
11/10
would give it 12 but if you do this
every thing needs to be sorted out
like how much pokemon will be sold for

Cowpie
03-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the input guys. However, as Nucleus pointed out, not many people want to waste all their money on a level 590 so it actually isn't that easy to get max money. And either way this doesn't have to be done with max money.

TypeOh
03-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the input guys. However, as Nucleus pointed out, not many people want to waste all their money on a level 590 so it actually isn't that easy to get max money. And either way this doesn't have to be done with max money.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read through it. Not everyone will be doing this with max money, in fact I'm sure a lot of people won't be. But the others, especially Ichigo, seem to be correct too. I guess it amounts to, despite being a great idea, there are definitely details that need hammered out. Hopefully they'll implement something like it, though.

Cowpie
03-07-2010, 12:06 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read through it. Not everyone will be doing this with max money, in fact I'm sure a lot of people won't be. But the others, especially Ichigo, seem to be correct too. I guess it amounts to, despite being a great idea, there are definitely details that need hammered out. Hopefully they'll implement something like it, though.

correctimundo. It's a start if anything.

Illuminati
03-07-2010, 02:17 PM

This is actually the fairest method I've ever heard for this idea - bravo!