PDA

View Full Version : Things people might be having problems with

Jassie
12-13-2009, 03:23 PM
So with the new forums there has apparently been a lot of confusion.Well hopefully this will help a few people or answer some questions.

So basically Im going to tell you how to do some basic stuff that seems to be overcomplicated on the new forums.Here we go.

The first thing people seem to be having problems with is linking their accounts.Since Shaneypoo already wrote a whole guide for this I wont get into much detail.Instead here (http://forums.tppc.info/showthread.php?t=443) is his guide with pictures!

Now we have changing your signature.To do this simply click on 'User CP' in the top left hand corner then scroll down and you should find it under 'Settings & Options'.From there everything is basically like the old forums.Aside from fonts and sizes.'Edit Avatar' is also located right above 'Edit Signature'.

Next is a question I have seen a couple times.'How can i check my posts or threads?'.Well here is a simple way.Click on your name, then click on 'Statistics', then click on 'Find all posts by [user]' or 'Find all threads started by [user]'..So thats a simple way to find your posts or threads.

Now I havent seen any questions on changing your titles but I might as well include this anyways.To change your title simply click on 'User CP', go to 'Edit Your Details'(should be the top link on the left), then simply scroll down.Although as far as I know there is an error with it so I think you have to wait until midnight to see.

Now another one is adding friends.The quickest way to do this is to go to the 'User CP', click on 'Contacts & Friends' under 'Networking', then enter your friends name into the black form.Then click 'Add Friend'.They will be sent a friend request which they can accept or deny.

Now you have the question 'How do I delete my thread.'..Well this being the first thread Im making Im not to sure.I think its under 'Thread Tools' at the top of your thread.Im not 100% sure though so you might be on your own for this one.

Finally there are member rankings.When your first join you are a 'Junior Member'.With 30 posts you will become a 'Member'.Then when you get to 100 posts you become a 'Senior Member'.They may be more rankings.I honestly have no clue.Best way to find out is to start posting ;p

Anyways I hope this helps someone with the new forums.

If there is anything else you want to know please let me know :)

Shaneypoo
12-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Nice job. But another thing you might want to add is Member Rankings.

Verb
12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Nice job. But another thing you might want to add is Member Rankings.
And registering.

Jassie
12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I wouldnt mind adding member rankings..If I knew anything about them :/

Verb~Registering is kinda self explanitory isnt it :P

Shaneypoo
12-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, 1-49 = Jr Member, 51-99 = Member, 100+ = Sr. Member apparently..

At least that's what I'm hearing.

Jassie
12-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Ill wait until people know more about them before I add them :) Has anyone even got 100+ posts yet?

Edit:Apparently the senior member thing is true..Tenshi has over 100 posts :/ Ill edit the first post with it.

Shaneypoo
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes, I've seen two people, I believe with over 100 posts.

Verb
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
One of them is Xynic.

regifan
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Wow, it took me forever just to post in this forums. :tongue:

Jassie
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Edited..I think its 30 posts for member though..If not then Ill edit it.

Verb~Cool..Now they need to find out if theres anymore ranks.